SWGAide v0.7.33 Beta

Moderator: Forum Moderator

Zebri
Novice Crafter

Re: SWGAide v0.7.33 Beta

Post by Zebri »

Good Day to you!
Firstly, thankyou for a wonderful program it makes my life as a crafter so much more enjoyable

Secondaly I recently reloaded my computer and changed some drive letters, however I have the same SWGAide folder/Data but there is a slight problem I can no longer see any of my characters or look at their mail (as the game location is incorrect). How can I change the location that has been set in SWGAide as my SWG install without losing all of my data?

I tried setitng up a new one and copying a few files but that erased my harvesters and inventory!

Regards
Zebri
Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon »

Zebri wrote:Good Day to you!
Firstly, thankyou for a wonderful program it makes my life as a crafter so much more enjoyable

Secondaly I recently reloaded my computer and changed some drive letters, however I have the same SWGAide folder/Data but there is a slight problem I can no longer see any of my characters or look at their mail (as the game location is incorrect). How can I change the location that has been set in SWGAide as my SWG install without losing all of my data?

I tried setitng up a new one and copying a few files but that erased my harvesters and inventory!

Regards
Zebri
There is a limitation in SWGAide that it cannot really be relocated that way. It is the backlog to support this.

However, backup your inventory and guards to file. Delete the SWGAide.DAT file and its corresponding files in the folder named "backups". Restart SWGAide which mimics a new installation and you will be fine again.

/Zimoon
Tharek Tolemac
Intermediate Crafter

Post by Tharek Tolemac »

Hello Zimoon,
I had an idea for a useful little addition to SWGAide:

Often, I fear to use a resource for one purpose, while it is also good for another one.

Example: Leathery Hide can be used for Pudding, but also Recon Armor Cores.

My idea is: In the Details section, show the comments from inventory. This way, I can write there to the Hide "Recon Core" and when I look for a new Leathery Hide for Pudding, it will show me that this is also planned for Armor Cores. Then I can keep that in mind and save a reserve for armor cores.

What do you think? Is that easy to implement?

Best Regards,
Tharek
Zebri
Novice Crafter

Post by Zebri »

I have a new problem =(

I backed up my data and then restored it to a new copy of SWGAide this is all fine.
I configured my currently harvesting resources and harvesters, and users. Now whenever I go to the harvesting tab it doesn't load, it just kind of overlays a couple of details over whichever screen I was previously on and does nothing more. If I change tabs back to say inventory that works fine, but the harvesting tab is just...well broke.

Has anyone had anything like this or have any ideas towards a fix? I really like that feature! hehe
Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon »

Tharek Tolemac wrote:Hello Zimoon,
I had an idea for a useful little addition to SWGAide:

Often, I fear to use a resource for one purpose, while it is also good for another one.

Example: Leathery Hide can be used for Pudding, but also Recon Armor Cores.

My idea is: In the Details section, show the comments from inventory. This way, I can write there to the Hide "Recon Core" and when I look for a new Leathery Hide for Pudding, it will show me that this is also planned for Armor Cores. Then I can keep that in mind and save a reserve for armor cores.

What do you think? Is that easy to implement?

Best Regards,
Tharek
It is, you wanna do it? :)
Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon »

Zebri wrote:... Has anyone had anything like this or have any ideas towards a fix? I really like that feature! hehe
I am also listening. I have not heard such a report and have not seen it myself :?
dratsablive
Novice Crafter

Post by dratsablive »

A suggestion that I'd find useful in an update (and apologies if it's been requested before): applying guards to our inventory. I currently add intended-usage notes for resources in the Notes field, and was originally thinking of a filter on that, but applying our existing guards and having the Rate field populated accordingly would seem to be a better way.

Fantastic program by the way - totally reliant on it now! :D

*edit* and now I've discovered the 'Show From Inventory' option under 'current resources' :oops:
Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon »

dratsablive wrote:...*edit* and now I've discovered the 'Show From Inventory' option under 'current resources' :oops:
:D

But the intention is to add so pre-defined filters can be used directly in the inventory too. We just need the time to implement and bug-squash.

With SWGAide I never need to go hunting beetles in-game, I find them in SWGAide :P

/Zimoon
jinzu
Novice Crafter

Post by jinzu »

First off, great tool. I use it every day to monitor and sort new resources.

I just started looking at the harvesters section and defined a few harvesters but the "add to harvester panel" is grayed out. Any idea ? thanks

Edit: NVM I had to add a user first and now its fine
Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon »

jinzu wrote:First off, great tool. I use it every day to monitor and sort new resources.

I just started looking at the harvesters section and defined a few harvesters but the "add to harvester panel" is grayed out. Any idea ? thanks

Edit: NVM I had to add a user first and now its fine
Did you define any users too?

NVM: Now I see you "nvm" too 8)
Maro
Novice Crafter

Re: Open Test Release of the New SWGAide

Post by Maro »

Find another Bug.. :)

In SWGAide 0.7.33beta

Resourcetree Corellian Fiberplast was Corellia Fiberplast (without N)

If i import (.txt file) current Resources from Starsider (my actually Galaxie) in my Inventory Resources Panel.........

ERROR ..... Failed for line: MaroDadet'im,ofina,Link-Steel Aluminum,292,380000

If i import (.txt file) old resources from Gorath (my born Galaxie) in my Inventory Resources Panel

WORKS...... MaroDadet'im,(gorath)Boorei,Neutronium Steel,285,

dunno why....better to type (starsider)Ofina?? but aide has starsider as my current galaxie........

greez Maro
Last edited by Zimoon on Mon Nov 02, 2009 9:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Moved to the thread for SWGAide 0.7.33
Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon »

Maro wrote:Find another Bug.. :)

In SWGAide 0.7.33beta

If i import (.txt file) current Resources from Starsider (my actually Galaxie) in my Inventory Resources Panel.........

If i import (.txt file) old resources from Gorath (my born Galaxie) in my Inventory Resources Panel

dunno why....better to type (starsider)Ofina?? but aide has starsider as my current galaxie........

greez Maro
The more I though of this topic over night the more convinced I am that this is only about SWGAide 0.7.33, hence I moved the post to the correct thread. Yell at me if I am wrong :)

Corellia Fiberplast must be spelled exactly like that, without "n" in Corellia. Yes, I know... :roll:

However, the reason is that the reports from ISDroids spell the stuff that way. In fact, there are several resource classes with different spellings in different parts of the game itself. So, there are some golden rules in what names SWGAide is using, as well as here at SWGCraft >> by order of importance:
  1. How they are spelled in ISDroid reports; these are parsed by machines (computers) and we do not want special treats and exceptions
  2. How they are spelled in schematics; the less confusion for players
  3. How they are spelled in the 30k veteran reward crate; the last resort
So... I wonder where the extraneous "n" came from. Did SWGAide really type that? In which version? It was ages ago I fixed Corellia Fiberplast in the file resourcetree.xml :shock:

Or was it just something you noticed while reading the resource class somewhere in game?

Regarding the import issue:
I believe there is a misunderstanding at your part, hence I explain it further. There are only two cases:
  • You are importing a resource for the same galaxy
  • You are importing a resource transferred from another galaxy
In the first case only the name of the resource is necessary since SWGAide contacts SWGCraft for the resource details and when no galaxy is specified the "current galaxy" is used, that is the galaxy your current character in SWGAide lives at.
Example 1: You have selected a character at Starsider and you want to import Ofina, a Link-Steel Aluminum, which spawned at Starsider around October 6 this year (I cheated and used X). In this case you do not need to specify a galaxy.
Example 2: You have selected a character at Gorath and you want to import Ofina which is from Starsider. In this case you do not need to specify a galaxy. This time you must specify the galaxy, SWGAide cannot know which galaxy Ofina comes from. In fact, there may be many Ofina at different galaxies, hardly Link-Steel Aluminum but the same name (there are 6 of them but none at Gorath, but one other Ofina is Link-Steel Aluminum (Scylla) ;)). If you specify the galaxy SWGAide will always use the specified galaxy.
Example 3: You have selected a character at Starsider and you want to import Boorei, a Neutronium Steel from Gorath (and the only Boorei ever at any galaxy). In this case you ust specify a galaxy. Even if there is only one Boorei ever SWGAide does not try every different galaxy to find it.

In SWGAide 0.7.33, if the galaxy is unknown (or if SWGAide run into internal problems regarding the resource, which was one of the important reasons to redesign the inner parts of SWGAide in the first place) it prints "(?)" as the galaxy in the export file. In a plain text editor MS Notepad for example, an editor that does not add a lot of fancy characters or signs to the file), replace all these question marks with the galaxy name. And if there is neither a galaxy nor question mark, add the galaxy. For Starsider the simple (st) is enough, and for Gorath just a (g), to make the abbreviations unique.

Summary: It is always best to specify the galaxy, certainly so in SWGAide 0.7.33 and older. That way there is no question about what galaxy it is. In the new SWGAide (currently available as unstable test versions) also the unique resource ID is written to the export file, and if the resource has an ID there is no doubt whatsoever, but that is another version and not supported in 0.7.33.

I hope this answered your question and overcome your problem :)

/Zimoon
Maro
Novice Crafter

Post by Maro »

Zimoon wrote:
Maro wrote:Find another Bug.. :)

In SWGAide 0.7.33beta

greez Maro
The more I though of this topic over night the more convinced I am that this is only about SWGAide 0.7.33, hence I moved the post to the correct thread. Yell at me if I am wrong :)

Corellia Fiberplast must be spelled exactly like that, without "n" in Corellia. Yes, I know... :roll:

However, the reason is that the reports from ISDroids spell the stuff that way. In fact, there are several resource classes with different spellings in different parts of the game itself. So, there are some golden rules in what names SWGAide is using, as well as here at SWGCraft >> by order of importance:
  1. How they are spelled in ISDroid reports; these are parsed by machines (computers) and we do not want special treats and exceptions
  2. How they are spelled in schematics; the less confusion for players
  3. How they are spelled in the 30k veteran reward crate; the last resort
So... I wonder where the extraneous "n" came from. Did SWGAide really type that? In which version? It was ages ago I fixed Corellia Fiberplast in the file resourcetree.xml :shock:

Or was it just something you noticed while reading the resource class somewhere in game?

I was only wondering that all other Fiberplast types have written with (N) and only Corellian NOT :P

Regarding the import issue:
I believe there is a misunderstanding at your part, hence I explain it further. There are only two cases:
  • You are importing a resource for the same galaxy
  • You are importing a resource transferred from another galaxy
In the first case only the name of the resource is necessary since SWGAide contacts SWGCraft for the resource details and when no galaxy is specified the "current galaxy" is used, that is the galaxy your current character in SWGAide lives at.
Example 1: You have selected a character at Starsider and you want to import Ofina, a Link-Steel Aluminum, which spawned at Starsider around October 6 this year (I cheated and used X). In this case you do not need to specify a galaxy.

But then SWGAide 0.7.33 saids
These resources failed to be added,
see log file for possible messages there:

Failed for line: MaroDadet'im,ofina,Link-Steel Aluminum,292,380000
and i have do not specify any galaxy and my char was selected in current galaxy

P.S I hope thats not my bad in translation your English , im not good in trans/writing, but i think thats no fail in my Import case (Import from File)

Example 2: You have selected a character at Gorath and you want to import Ofina which is from Starsider. In this case you do not need to specify a galaxy. This time you must specify the galaxy, SWGAide cannot know which galaxy Ofina comes from. In fact, there may be many Ofina at different galaxies, hardly Link-Steel Aluminum but the same name (there are 6 of them but none at Gorath, but one other Ofina is Link-Steel Aluminum (Scylla) ;)). If you specify the galaxy SWGAide will always use the specified galaxy.
Example 3: You have selected a character at Starsider and you want to import Boorei, a Neutronium Steel from Gorath (and the only Boorei ever at any galaxy). In this case you ust specify a galaxy. Even if there is only one Boorei ever SWGAide does not try every different galaxy to find it.

In SWGAide 0.7.33, if the galaxy is unknown (or if SWGAide run into internal problems regarding the resource, which was one of the important reasons to redesign the inner parts of SWGAide in the first place) it prints "(?)" as the galaxy in the export file. In a plain text editor MS Notepad for example, an editor that does not add a lot of fancy characters or signs to the file), replace all these question marks with the galaxy name. And if there is neither a galaxy nor question mark, add the galaxy. For Starsider the simple (st) is enough, and for Gorath just a (g), to make the abbreviations unique.

Summary: It is always best to specify the galaxy, certainly so in SWGAide 0.7.33 and older. That way there is no question about what galaxy it is. In the new SWGAide (currently available as unstable test versions) also the unique resource ID is written to the export file, and if the resource has an ID there is no doubt whatsoever, but that is another version and not supported in 0.7.33.

I hope this answered your question and overcome your problem :)

/Zimoon
Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon »

Maro wrote:...But then SWGAide 0.7.33 saids

P.S I hope thats not my bad in translation your English , im not good in trans/writing, but i think thats no fail in my Import case (Import from File)

The number 292, what is that?
In 0.7.33 and that column should be the one for resource_class_token, or an empty column. The resource class token is not a number but a very short text string that was used at the old web site, R.I.P.

Since you did not post anything from the log file I had to create a phony character at Starsider, and yes, SWGAide tries to use number 290 as a token, which fails.

No, the file does not look as it reads in the Help Texts 8)

/Zimoon
Maro
Novice Crafter

Post by Maro »

Zimoon wrote:
Maro wrote:...But then SWGAide 0.7.33 saids

The number 292, what is that?

was the number from resourcetree.xml
"resource_type swgcraft_id="lsalu" swgID="292" description="Link-Steel Aluminum"
it works with the galaxyname in front of the resourcename
MaroDadet'im,(gorath)Kopawepi,Link-Steel Aluminum,292, ......works...
MaroDadet'im,ofina,Link-Steel Aluminum,292, .......error.....

In 0.7.33 and that column should be the one for resource_class_token, or an empty column. The resource class token is not a number but a very short text string that was used at the old web site, R.I.P.

Since you did not post anything from the log file I had to create a phony character at Starsider, and yes, SWGAide tries to use number 290 as a token, which fails.

No, the file does not look as it reads in the Help Texts 8)

/Zimoon