Manually adding a resource to inventory

Moderator: Forum Moderator

dratsablive
Novice Crafter

Manually adding a resource to inventory

Post by dratsablive »

Hi - as the title says, is it possible to add a resource to my inventory manually in SWGAide? I was trying to add a Musty Iron from Infinity but can't submit it as a resource either via SWGAide ot the site itself as Infinity is locked off; trying to submit it on the Inventory screen in SWGAide results in nothing happening on pressing OK, and trying to submit on the Submit Resources screen display an error "These errors occurred while submitting: Index: 0". I tried exporting the stuff I already had in my inventory as a csv, adding the resource there and importing this list, but this also caused errors (zero values), probably due to a mismatch on the ID field.

Any ideas if I can get around this?

Cheers
Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Re: Manually adding a resource to inventory

Post by Zimoon »

At the Inventory window, right click and use Create, manually fill in the stats.

At the same page, click keyboard F1 and read the help text :)

/Zimoon
dratsablive
Novice Crafter

Post by dratsablive »

Hi Zim,

I'd tried adding via the inventory screen as I said in my first post, but when i click OK nothing happens. I'm guessing at this point SWGAide connects to SWGCraft to verify/add the resource, but as Infinity no longer exists, nothing happens.

Luckily, I found an old version of my inventory that I'd exported pre-transfer, and the record is in there:

Code: Select all

Drat'sa Blive,Infinity,Dimevekao,-1,Mustafarian Iron,muirn,81774,0,763,484,953,0,966,555,911,968,993,0,
I deleted all my inventory and re-imported from this file, but the stats still show as all zeroes in my SWGAide inventory.

Oddly, I noticed in this backup file that I had a couple of entries with zero stats:

Code: Select all

Drat'sa Blive,Infinity,Oakamian,987457,Culsion Inert Gas,cukrt,354000,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,
Drat'sa Blive,Infinity,Quadihavic,990674,Polysteel Copper,pocpr,521000,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,
The gas shows zero stats in SWGAide, but the copper shows the proper stats when I import the file - SWGAide checking against the SWGCraft db using the resource ID I assume (the gas has zero stats on SWGCraft too).

It's not a major issue for me, thought it was worth pointing out though! :)

I'm using 0.7.84 by the way.

Cheers
Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon »

When importing, is the important header line intact?
You can mail me the file and I will check it out, please: simongronlund using gmail

/Zimoon
dratsablive
Novice Crafter

Post by dratsablive »

Cheers - emailed you the inventory file
Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon »

Yes, the gas and copper has zero stats at SWGCraft too, so if you never entered the stats anywhere SWGAide tries to look it up at SWGCraft, finds no stats, and ...
I assume you can correct that at http://www.swgcraft.org/dev/edit_resour ... res=987457
and http://www.swgcraft.org/dev/edit_resour ... res=990674

I will have a try to import this when I get back home from work. Superficially the file looks just fine. And adding resources should work no matter the current state of the galaxy. SWGCraft also keeps all old galaxies intact and it is indeed possible to add resources for extinct galaxies at http://www.swgcraft.org/dev/add_old_resources.php

I will be back once I have figured out what is going on.

/Zimoon
dratsablive
Novice Crafter

Post by dratsablive »

Thanks - I have to admit I didn't know about the 'add old resources' page. I'll hold off adding the offending one for now so you can do what checks you need to first.

Thanks again.
Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon »

I found the bug, also another user had run into it.
See http://www.swgcraft.org/forums/viewtopi ... 653#p15653 :)

/Zimoon