What expertise is needed for crafting enzyme tools?

Ask & answer questions, submit ideas or post guides on the Beast Mastery Expertise.

Moderators: Crafting Forum Moderators, Forum Moderator

MoonDragn
Apprentice Crafter

Re: What expertise is needed for crafting enzyme tools?

Post by MoonDragn »

Actually all those guides are there on the BM profession forum section on the official forums. They even have a chart showing all the processes with the equipment so you understand which part goes where.
Monty Burns
Master Crafter

Post by Monty Burns »

MoonDragn wrote:Well I switched over to Engineer to do the component parts. Only to find out I forgot to make one of the pieces on my Munitions Trader.

I then went to Domestic Trader to make the rest, and realized I didn't have the Corn needed to make one of the filters.

So I switched back to Munitions for now. I brought an Incubator at 4.0 instead and am staying put til I can get more better resources. I was only able to reach 100% on one of the crafted items, all the others were like 92-95% :(

All those BM parts are just crazy! I think I need to slowly read through the guides and find out what each part is for.

Welcome to the life of a crafter on Sunrunner, I have been at it almost 1.5 years and I am still waiting for spawns.
I am fortunate that I have access to almost all the crafter classes (Domestic is only level 30) but the lack of good resource spawns is hampering any real progress here.
MoonDragn
Apprentice Crafter

Post by MoonDragn »

Well I am almost tempted to get a third account so I can bring two more traders into my list. I figured by the time good resources showed up I could have them all at level 90.

Then again I'm getting carpal tunnel just from all that clicking even with a manual macro.
Monty Burns
Master Crafter

Post by Monty Burns »

MoonDragn wrote:Well I am almost tempted to get a third account so I can bring two more traders into my list. I figured by the time good resources showed up I could have them all at level 90.

Then again I'm getting carpal tunnel just from all that clicking even with a manual macro.

You would like to think that wouldn't you but sadly Sunrunner is the armpit of resource spawns, we havent had a decent peroskovic aluminum spawn ever to my knowledge and the Green Diamond and Ryll gemstone spawns are so far apart that I left for 4 years and still had the best one when I returned.

We get the worst carbonite ore spawns I have seen anywhere and to be honest Silastic ore spawns haven't been much better.

On the bright side we get good Geothermal, Water, Organic and Steel spawns.

Essentially some resources have become so hard to come by that I am looking at creating characters on other servers and paying to have them moved to Sunrunner once they have the resources I need.
rohie
Novice Crafter

Post by rohie »

Hi there,

The good thing about Bm is that it doesn't call for named resources for consumables and equipment. You do not need huge amounts of resources to make your equipment. Get a pet, get the pet scavanger ability and you are good. Hand sampling on Mustafar. You can get big amounts of good resources if you are lucky to find a high concentration spot in a quiet location. I made my extractors using like 500k of aluminum i got in a week on mustafar. And i think i have enough of them for years to come hehe.
Once you made your equipment try to make very good capsules. A full run of capsules allows you to make 1000 hydros. This is huge. Trays and canisters ... use the best you can harvest. I made my first 20 purity hydros using 2.5 purity canisters. Don't delete the elements you will not use to make 20 purity hydros, combine them with second grade capsules and use these hydros for mutations or sell them to other BMs who have the patience to try (i don't).

Regards,

Rohie
MoonDragn
Apprentice Crafter

Post by MoonDragn »

Well as Monty pointed out, even if it doesn't call for named resources, Sunrruner server just doesn't have many good ones.

About that carbonate ore, I had one left over from 5 years ago that is still one of the best on the server. Unfortunately I'm down to my last 800 units of it. :(

Right now the thing thats dragging me down the most is Polymer. There just doesn't seem to be any Polymer spawning over 900 OQ. There are so many things that call for polymer and chemicals in general that needs OQ.

As for harvesters, I have more than enough of them. I have a couple of Elites and a bunch of heavy and mediums as well as good personal ones. Harvesting the stuff isn't a problem, it is waiting for the good spawns that is the problem. Tries your patience.

Right now I have my Elite on the Sonaic, the steel with pretty decent stats. Hopefully that will last a few more days. I have collected about 110k of it so far.

Part of the problem with the consumables on BM is that you have to use components from Domestic and Engineering and craft them from Munitions and Structures. I just don't have enough of the good stuff to waste on making that many of those if I'm only going to be dabbling in it.

Anyway, my first Cu-pa should be hatching today. I just need a pet to train the resource sampling thing for before anything else can go on.
Monty Burns
Master Crafter

Post by Monty Burns »

MoonDragn wrote:Well as Monty pointed out, even if it doesn't call for named resources, Sunrruner server just doesn't have many good ones.

About that carbonate ore, I had one left over from 5 years ago that is still one of the best on the server. Unfortunately I'm down to my last 800 units of it. :(

Right now the thing thats dragging me down the most is Polymer. There just doesn't seem to be any Polymer spawning over 900 OQ. There are so many things that call for polymer and chemicals in general that needs OQ.

As for harvesters, I have more than enough of them. I have a couple of Elites and a bunch of heavy and mediums as well as good personal ones. Harvesting the stuff isn't a problem, it is waiting for the good spawns that is the problem. Tries your patience.

Right now I have my Elite on the Sonaic, the steel with pretty decent stats. Hopefully that will last a few more days. I have collected about 110k of it so far.

Part of the problem with the consumables on BM is that you have to use components from Domestic and Engineering and craft them from Munitions and Structures. I just don't have enough of the good stuff to waste on making that many of those if I'm only going to be dabbling in it.

Anyway, my first Cu-pa should be hatching today. I just need a pet to train the resource sampling thing for before anything else can go on.
As far as polymers go we had a 982 OQ about a year ago and since then I don't think there has been anything over about 910-OQ, about 6 months ago we had about half a dozen good Aluminum's spawn in a row which was nice and we had a pretty good JTL Copper but other than that and the recent spawns of Talusian Geothermals it has been a pretty disappointing year.

However I do agree with the previous poster that it may pay to attack Mustafar spawns with a bit more vigor, I have really only been there collecting small amounts for my WS but it may be the only chance we get at making some good BM consumables.
MoonDragn
Apprentice Crafter

Post by MoonDragn »

Well I already have two accounts sampling on Mustafar at night and when I'm at work. I dunno how much more vigorous I can go about it LOL.

Right now on Sunrunner there is decent Intrusive ore and Gem on Mustafar as well as some ok gas. I'm trying to finish making some stuff and those will help.

I need to find Steel with good conductivity. Since the cap is at 650 I need to find JTL steel that goes over it.
Dea
Novice Crafter

Post by Dea »

I'm glad to see others have problems with resources too. I have 2 accounts, and one of each trader. I can make quite a few things, but the really quality stuff I still have to buy from others. I'm gradually building up my resources, but it's slow. Some things don't even spawn it seems. Anyway, I make most of my own stuff, but believe me, the other traders on Bloodfin are getting rich off me. BM is really expensive, but I kind of see why it is.
Dea
Novice Crafter

Post by Dea »

Oh, and the www.swgpets.com site is brilliant. This guide breaks it down as to which trader does which component. I'm constantly referring to it.

http://www.swgpets.com/wiki/Components