Major changes to Beast Master coming soon...

Ask & answer questions, submit ideas or post guides on the Beast Mastery Expertise.

Moderators: Crafting Forum Moderators, Forum Moderator

Swedishoyster
Intermediate Crafter

Major changes to Beast Master coming soon...

Post by Swedishoyster »

Sork Inc. Perdition, Dantooine
Hunterella, Architect/Armorsmith - Sorkella, Ranger/Riflewoman
Snufsan, Tailor/Chef/x - Healerella, Doctor
Bimborella, Swordswoman/Medic - Sniperella, Rifle/BE
Monty Burns
Master Crafter

Re: Major changes to Beast Master coming soon...

Post by Monty Burns »

Well since it will probably get lost in the 100000 pages of replies on those forums I will ask the question here, are the BM changes going to include changes to the crafting of BM parts specifically is there any chance they can lower the material requirements.

One of the things that makes building BM supplies both frustrating and expensive is the huge resource requirements (High quality resources at that).
Savacc
Architect & Shipwright Forum Moderator

Post by Savacc »

Im not planning on reading through all the posts either :roll: but I kind of doubt it Monty. I dont think the devs feel that there is a shortage of resources available to players in the game. :lol: The casual player will have no trouble gathering the necessary resources to make a "casual" pet. There will be a bit of a time sink, or "grind" involved, but it is certainly doable. What I think you are talking about is what it takes for a serious player to make a "capped" pet. My guess is that the devs want that to remain a difficult project, something only dedicated players will accomplish (and then sell for tons of credits). :mrgreen:
Monty Burns
Master Crafter

Post by Monty Burns »

Savacc wrote:Im not planning on reading through all the posts either :roll: but I kind of doubt it Monty. I dont think the devs feel that there is a shortage of resources available to players in the game. :lol: The casual player will have no trouble gathering the necessary resources to make a "casual" pet. There will be a bit of a time sink, or "grind" involved, but it is certainly doable. What I think you are talking about is what it takes for a serious player to make a "capped" pet. My guess is that the devs want that to remain a difficult project, something only dedicated players will accomplish (and then sell for tons of credits). :mrgreen:
I just think there is something wrong when it takes almost as many resources to make a crate of enzyme extractors as it does to make a starship and they sell for about 1000 times more, I just think the numbers are a little out of whack.

Still I guess I can get richer off making them.
Swedishoyster
Intermediate Crafter

Post by Swedishoyster »

No as far as I can tell after reading through all the posts, this is most of all a expertise change, it's a major one however and will open up for a lot of more choices for BM's.

The only things affecting crafting is the new ability to put points in Fervent Mutation, thus increasing the chance to trigger a mutation with a whopping 1%

Also they are (probably) adding some kind of buff to harvesting to compensate for the inability to not being able to use a harvester droid while using a pet.

The good news is that you may just put a few points, like 7-10 in BM and still have a viable build.

It's not all that we wanted, and I agree that the sheer amount of resources to make one consumable are ludicrus, it's still very good news and I'm very excited (I just peed a little).

Since you can sell an uncapped rancor (oh you love my use of *capped* don't ya?) for like 120 M it's still possible to make a lot of money as a BM.
Sork Inc. Perdition, Dantooine
Hunterella, Architect/Armorsmith - Sorkella, Ranger/Riflewoman
Snufsan, Tailor/Chef/x - Healerella, Doctor
Bimborella, Swordswoman/Medic - Sniperella, Rifle/BE
Onyx
Chef Forum Moderator

Post by Onyx »

Yea, just expertise changes at this point--though good some ones:)
Onyx, Chef Forum Moderator

Whitley's Fine Food & Drinks
Open for business since June 2004 -- Twilight's End, Naboo (-3036, 5300), Kettemoor

Official Domestic Goods Senator