Crafting Quality Incubator Frustration

Ask & answer questions, submit ideas or post guides on the Beast Mastery Expertise.

Moderators: Crafting Forum Moderators, Forum Moderator

fabulousfreep
Novice Crafter

Crafting Quality Incubator Frustration

Post by fabulousfreep »

Ok all my sub components are 100 % Quality, maxed 2.0 or 5.0 as needed in my Formula.

100% Perfect - Advanced Micro Sensor Suite X2
100% Perfect - Advanced Control Unit X2

400 units of Metal - 94.5 %
50 units of Mineral - 98.6 %

Standing in a Research City (15% Bonus to rolls)
standing in a diner (6% Bonus)

Do the combine ....

Func 29%
Quality 23%

DOH!

Can't get the Quality above 2.63%

Yes i'm specced Full Structures crafting, i have everything structures and ship crafting with some bonus gear.

Can make a 4.0 Func Incubator with my eyes closed using the same or Worse Mats.

What am i missing here ? Am i doing something wrong ?
Monty Burns
Master Crafter

Re: Crafting Quality Incubator Frustration

Post by Monty Burns »

Your problem is resources and what I would describe as false readings on the percentages, I may be wrong here but my impression is that the % reading is a composite of all the required stats and does not take into account that you may only be trying to cap one aspect of incubator.

I am prepared to bet that your resources are high OQ/CD when to get an incubator capped for quality you need high OQ/UT materials, if you want to cap for qwuality forget CD and find resources with 962 OQ and UT.

One suggestion is to use a high OQ radioactive in the "Mineral" slot as it has neither CD nor UT and as such a 962+ Radioactive will cap that slot.
fabulousfreep
Novice Crafter

Post by fabulousfreep »

My mineral is 996+ OQ and 977 UT Gemstone, my metal is 968 OQ / 961 CD and you guessed it a little low on the UT (733) i'll Change that and see what i get. Thank for the help but if this doesn't fix it i'm gonna have a fit :)
Monty Burns
Master Crafter

Post by Monty Burns »

fabulousfreep wrote:My mineral is 996+ OQ and 977 UT Gemstone, my metal is 968 OQ / 961 CD and you guessed it a little low on the UT (733) i'll Change that and see what i get. Thank for the help but if this doesn't fix it i'm gonna have a fit :)
Trust me if you get a metal and a mineral with 962+ OQ/UT and use capped subcombines you will cap the quality aspect of the incubator.
I have spent a lot of time getting to understand the manufacture of BM components and made a small fortune selling them so I am relative sure of this.

:)
fabulousfreep
Novice Crafter

Post by fabulousfreep »

BINGO !

1000 OQ 986 UT 486 CD iron did it, 4.0 quality Incubator :)

Thanks for the help !