Hi!

Got something to say that does not fit into any of the other forums? or just general chit chat, Post in here.

Moderator: Forum Moderator

Alodarn
Novice Crafter

Hi!

Post by Alodarn » Wed Feb 20, 2008 11:48 am

Just a quick post to say hello.

I went to the old .com swgcraft and found it in a very sorry state - luckly I found this one!

Didn't say anything initially, as I was still on my 14 day "freebie" please come back time.

However, I now have re-subbed - mainly to try out the Jedi I must admit - and all that has changed since I left.

My original toon, which I still have, was a master weaponcrafter, and after the initial problem with his level only being 4! I'm slowly rediscovering things, and finding out the new stuff.

I still have a few levels to gain, not sure why - I suspect it's because I had some pistol and other non craft related boxes.

Initially I decided to pick structure/starship as my "focus" as I wanted to try out the new ship crafting so that should help with regaining the levels.

I'm quite lucky, as I have a stash full of ancient resources, but one query I wanted to ask - I'm fairly certain I also had a brace of heavy harvesters, but only my personal deeds seem to have survived. I'm fairly certain that other stuff has vanished - I had a full inventory as well.

No matter, if I can't remember it can't of been that important.

However, after reading and checking various sources, I'm not sure a return to weaponcrafting will be that worthwhile - it appears that decay has been removed - so I can't see the demand for new weapons will be that much, not to mention the looted/quest rewards seem to be a lot better than I remember.

Additionally my Jedi - when she gets there - will be making her own sabre - so not much need for personal use either.

So my big question is, um, if I don't change to weapon/armour ... do I stay structure or switch to another.

Oh and I'm on Eclipse if that makes any diffrence.

- Alo

Oh, and I'm gaining xp atm by making walls - seems fairly swift.

Edit: When they fixed my level problem I ended up at 76, not that big of a deal - I've already gotten to 80 just making some random bits.
Last edited by Alodarn on Wed Feb 20, 2008 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Re: Hi!

Post by Zimoon » Wed Feb 20, 2008 1:33 pm

Welcome around :D

Did it turn out with your WS? It should be at CL 80 if you were master before NGE but often returning players must ask the CSRs for help.

Don't know about your harvies and what could have happened to them. Database corruption? Bad memory?

WS really has a hard time at the moment but is also one of the professions that will get a little more time in the upcoming publishes. SOE has started with Chapters interleaved with Game Updates so I guess some fixes may come in the updates and other additions in the Chapters.

/Zimoon

Savacc
Architect & Shipwright Forum Moderator

Post by Savacc » Thu Feb 21, 2008 6:02 am

Hello,
Im on Eclipse, I have been an architect, then shipwright since launch. I got lucky that the NGE paired the two professions Ive always played togather. If you need any help, or have questions, you can contact me ingame - Mi'to, or here. Ild recommend you stay Structures for a while and wait and see if SOE makes WS a viable profession again.

Ibaum
Apprentice Crafter

Post by Ibaum » Thu Feb 21, 2008 6:30 pm

If your harvies were left on and ran out of maintenance they could have been destroyed.

/Ibaum

Alodarn
Novice Crafter

Post by Alodarn » Fri Feb 22, 2008 9:24 am

True, but I'm fairly certain I did a good job of packing up before I stopped playing. Oh well, the only other thought is that I may of given them away to a friend.

Anyways, no matter, I've just made my first BER 44 Elite :)

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Fri Feb 22, 2008 10:18 am

Alodarn wrote:Anyways, no matter, I've just made my first BER 44 Elite :)
Congrats :D

/Zimoon