Updating resources parsed from ISD mail

Discussion and suggestions regarding the site and/or forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderator

Holden
Apprentice Crafter

Updating resources parsed from ISD mail

Post by Holden » Tue Nov 13, 2007 5:24 am

After uploading my 30 (!) ISD mails for complete chem/mineral/flora, I went back to update the missing stats via bulk update, e.g.:

Code: Select all

swgcraft_start
Quadadavine,Byrothsis Crystalline Gemstone,522,81,25,719,39,130,396,402
Ceneu,Corellian Domesticated Corn,353,92,760,301
Quadisogenicide,Lubricating Oil,713,430
Duroraniic,Ditanium Steel,548,379,787,892,240,638,808,766
Oicowacouris,Carbonite Steel,743,553,936,935,319,166,917,949
Vivewem,Thoranium Steel,309,226,712,772,113,981,658,564
Ycei,Kammris Iron,768,456,892,993,596,788,936,996
Piviloe,Corellia Berry Fruit,718,515,324,339
Lesoide,Desh Copper,44,571,4,204,516,682,367,354
Ofava,Codoan Copper,370,651,279,399,678,149,505,492
Tainoneug,Diatium Copper,366,741,315,441,786,788,521,509
swgcraft_end
This resulted in the one resource that had failed to parse from the mail (Piviloe, Corellia Berry Fruit) being added with stats, and blank entries for all the rest.

After typing in all the values - again - and submitting the data, it resulted in Piviloe being submitted properly, and still failed to update the stats for the others.

Right now it seems like the only way to add the stats to resources added via Interplanetary Survey Droid mail import is to go back in and manually do each one. Would it be possible to allow bulk editing via swgcraft_start/swgcraft_end bulk additions?

For now I'll clean up my own mess as I'm able, and will cease using the ISD import feature.

Thanks for the site!

Sobuno
Developer

Re: Updating resources parsed from ISD mail

Post by Sobuno » Tue Nov 13, 2007 6:20 am

Holden wrote: Right now it seems like the only way to add the stats to resources added via Interplanetary Survey Droid mail import is to go back in and manually do each one. Would it be possible to allow bulk editing via swgcraft_start/swgcraft_end bulk additions?
Will look into making that page add stats to resources without stats tonight

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Tue Nov 13, 2007 6:51 am

Sobuno wrote:
Holden wrote:Right now it seems like the only way to add the stats to resources added via Interplanetary Survey Droid mail import is to go back in and manually do each one. Would it be possible to allow bulk editing via swgcraft_start/swgcraft_end bulk additions?
Will look into making that page add stats to resources without stats tonight
If I remember it the .com had, in the case values already were entered and values differed, those values in bold at the "verify" page. They did not really stand out much but at least some. I have no idea whether that is good nor bad or what the best way to handle this is. I believe Sobuno's decision is in the right direction though.

/Z

Milla
Apprentice Crafter

Post by Milla » Tue Nov 13, 2007 8:06 am

Zimoon wrote:If I remember it the .com had, in the case values already were entered and values differed, those values in bold at the "verify" page. They did not really stand out much but at least some. I have no idea whether that is good nor bad or what the best way to handle this is. I believe Sobuno's decision is in the right direction though.

/Z
That is correct, the .com site worked this way:
  • if you entered a resource without stats in the bulk input text box, you got an error message and the resource was not added;
    if you entered a resource that already existed on one of the planets, and the stats were the same as those that had already been entered, the resource was verified;
    if the stats were different, you saw the stat value in bold, and after confirming the entry, the resources was CHANGED;
That system was pretty good I suggest that the dev team here should consider implementing the same.

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Tue Nov 13, 2007 8:52 am

Milla wrote:
Zimoon wrote:If I remember it the .com had, in the case values already were entered and values differed, those values in bold at the "verify" page. They did not really stand out much but at least some. I have no idea whether that is good nor bad or what the best way to handle this is. I believe Sobuno's decision is in the right direction though./Z
That is correct, the .com site worked this way:
  • if you entered a resource without stats in the bulk input text box, you got an error message and the resource was not added;
    if you entered a resource that already existed on one of the planets, and the stats were the same as those that had already been entered, the resource was verified;
    if the stats were different, you saw the stat value in bold, and after confirming the entry, the resources was CHANGED;
That system was pretty good I suggest that the dev team here should consider implementing the same.
Just a comment on the red colored part, there was a check box for each resource allowing you to add stat-less resources through the "bulk" input text field. This was on the first page after submittin the bulk data, where you could edit stats, names, classes, and see those bold values.
/Z

Sobuno
Developer

Post by Sobuno » Tue Nov 13, 2007 9:48 pm

Right, I didn't get around to adding the feature request tonight as I had forgotten I actually had to go somewhere today :P

Will be added later this week (Tomorrow is a full day of school + school meeting in the evening :()

Holden
Apprentice Crafter

Post by Holden » Tue Nov 13, 2007 10:27 pm

No worries, I know how that "life" thing can sneak up on you at times. :D

Thanks for the effort you're all putting in on the site!

Sobuno
Developer

Post by Sobuno » Wed Nov 14, 2007 4:20 pm

Got around to adding the feature to add stats to statless resources now, the other suggestions mentioned in here takes too much time for me to do them today :)

Fedacorr
Novice Crafter

Post by Fedacorr » Wed Nov 28, 2007 7:38 pm

Could we get a button on the resource display to 'add stats' to a statless resource, as well, so one could go through the current resource page, and just flip back and forth to the game to pick out stats you have that aren't up yet and add them easily, without accidentally picking the wrong planet? (I've done it, silly me)