SWG Resrouce Tracker -- program by Gram

Ideas and discussions on third party tools and utilities

Moderator: Forum Moderator

Sobuno
Developer

Re: SWG Resrouce Tracker -- program by Gram

Post by Sobuno » Wed Oct 14, 2015 5:01 pm

Madcowthomas wrote:When I look at the current resources here for Bloodfin I see only stuff that is 3days old and older, on the Galaxy Harvester

This is SWGcraft for Bloodfin
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/229 ... souces.PNG

This is Galaxy Harvester for Bloodfin.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/229 ... souces.PNG
I see stuff from about 22 hours ago by the SWGCraft Parser (Which is the one importing resources).

Resource may lag behind as GH only generates an export file every 24 hours (We do it every hour). As such, before it is imported into our database up to 24 hours + the delay between them creating the file and us importing it may have passed.

Madcowthomas
Novice Crafter

Post by Madcowthomas » Wed Oct 14, 2015 6:53 pm

Gotcha, didn't know they generate a file every 24hrs.

Program is downloading the file, but it's corrupted, and it's showing as a 1kb file.

Sobuno
Developer

Post by Sobuno » Wed Oct 14, 2015 8:55 pm

Madcowthomas wrote:Program is downloading the file, but it's corrupted, and it's showing as a 1kb file.
The program is getting the "File not found" message (Try opening the file in Notepad).

I took a quick look at the communication going from the program to SWGCraft. The program is trying to access http://www.swgcraft.org/sendfile.php?fi ... s_bloodfin, when it should be accessing http://www.swgcraft.org/sendfile.php?fi ... tor.csv.gz - Seems the handling of spaces is off on the other end (We convert spaces to underscores). This is something you would want Arden to fix as it is a general issue for servers with spaces in their names.

Code: Select all

92	17.664185000	<my local ip>	213.230.209.101	HTTP	54	GET /sendfile.php?file=currentresources_bloodfin emu.csv.gz HTTP/1.1 
Notice the space between bloodfin and emu? That should have been converted to an underscore in our case; in a more general URL-case, it should have been URL encoded, i.e. turned into %20

Madcowthomas
Novice Crafter

Post by Madcowthomas » Wed Oct 14, 2015 11:25 pm

Thanks Sobuno for looking in to this matter.

Arden
Novice Crafter

Post by Arden » Thu Oct 15, 2015 10:37 am

I see that it is happening only to servers that have a space in the name. I didn't see this until now. I've only used the tool with Basilisk and Revelation servers. I'll see if I can hack in a fix but no guaranties. I'm not sure it can be fixed to work with servers with a space. I'd probably have to write an external dll file to handle the URLs and hack the loading of that dll into the exe.

Thanks for the debugging Sobuno!
-Arden

Sobuno
Developer

Post by Sobuno » Thu Oct 15, 2015 1:31 pm

Arden wrote:I see that it is happening only to servers that have a space in the name. I didn't see this until now. I've only used the tool with Basilisk and Revelation servers. I'll see if I can hack in a fix but no guaranties. I'm not sure it can be fixed to work with servers with a space. I'd probably have to write an external dll file to handle the URLs and hack the loading of that dll into the exe.

Thanks for the debugging Sobuno!
If you can't fix it at your end, give me a shout and I'll conjure some magic up here

krtz_bria
Novice Crafter

Post by krtz_bria » Sat Jun 09, 2018 7:38 pm

I'll take a chance on a necro, any way to get this working with the SWG Legends server? I used this program all the way through to the end of SWG almost as soon as it was released, and love and miss it!