The SWGCraft Project now supports unofficial servers

The purpose of this board is for any announcements by the developers. Only developers can start topics on this board.

Moderator: Forum Moderator

Sobuno
Developer

The SWGCraft Project now supports unofficial servers

Post by Sobuno » Sun Jan 08, 2012 1:23 pm

Hi guys,

Last night, I added the Liberator (SWGEmu) and Test Center: Nova (SWGEmu) servers to the list of servers in our database. At the same time, I marked all the official servers as inactive (Meaning that you can still search for resources from there in Find Resources, but they are not available for viewing under Current Resources) and disabled read-only mode for the resources section.

This means that the site can now be used for your crafting needs on unofficial servers. Some of the features of the site, such as the Schematics section, require a revamp for them to work with pre-CU emulators (As a lot of the schematics did not exist back then, others have changed resource requirements, and all have changed skill requirements). But this is a start for now, I want to see if people will actually use it before putting too much of a time investment into making those changes.

As some of you may have noticed, the Crafting Forums as well as the Star Wars Galaxies News forum have been locked. The Crafting Forums mostly related to the NGE version of the game, and as I am unaware of any unofficial NGE servers, they do not serve much of a purpose at the moment. The Star Wars Galaxies News forum was for news about the official version of the game, and I doubt we will be seeing much news about it anymore, sadly.

A new section of the forum has been introduced; SWG Emulator Forums with two boards: General SWG Emulator Discussion and Galaxy Specific Discussion. They serve the same purpose as their counterparts in the Public Forums section, just for any unofficial version instead.

Missing servers: If you find that a server you play on/maintain is missing, feel free to PM me about it, and I will make sure to get it added to the list of servers.

-Sobuno

orad
Novice Crafter

Re: The SWGCraft Project now supports unofficial servers

Post by orad » Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:02 pm

Awesomeness!!! I will totally use this for that.. as soon as I can find some time to play again that is :)

thegreywolfe
Advanced Crafter

Post by thegreywolfe » Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:29 pm

Cool, I'll have to take a look at the Emu now. Course, I moved over to SWTOR when it launched. Not bad, lots of fun.

Sakh
Novice Crafter

Post by Sakh » Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:28 am

Thank You very much Sobuno! :)

Only one thing: there IS an NGE-Emu under construction, although without a live server yet. So please, if You decide to "rewrite" the schematics to a pre-CU compatible form, try to do this withouth harming/deleting the NGE form. Hopefully we will need those soon(ish).
Thank You for Your understanding, for the recent changes and for staying with us!

/deepbow

cervesa
Novice Crafter

Post by cervesa » Thu Mar 22, 2012 3:03 am

I understand not wanting to put too much time in the event it's not used, but we all know what SWGCraft is to crafting. If there is anything we can do to help make the changes easier, let us know.

andyfairall
Novice Crafter

Post by andyfairall » Sat May 05, 2012 11:05 pm

WIll it be hard to make it so we can use the site when the alpha server launches?

TaSwavo2
Novice Crafter

Post by TaSwavo2 » Wed May 16, 2012 8:40 am

I'm TaSwavo from tgcraft.com (I changed email address two years ago and so I've had to register again).

I would like to provide the data from tgcraft.com to this project.
The schematics data is all pre-cu and I think it is as good as any other dataset out there. I worked on the Java emulator (Persistent Worlds) and provided them with this data.

While my site is perfectly up to the task of competing with this site (and others) I simply can't be bothered. And while I prefer the appearance of my site (as it is closer to the original swgcraft) I simply won't have the time to maintain the site once the emulator/s is/are properly up and running.

So, if the staff here would like to email me I would be more than happy to provide what I think is the most accurate pre-cu schematics data available so this site can do with it as they please. Of course, if you have data you think is accurate then just ignore my offer :)

I also own the name swgcraft.info (which is payed up for a couple of years) and I'm happy to transfer that to the owner of swgcraft.co.uk swgcraft.net and swgcraft.org (slyvampy/Steve) free of charge.

Anyway, good luck for the future I hope to be using this site soon :)

iray
Novice Crafter

Post by iray » Sat Jun 02, 2012 12:07 am

From what I read Basilisk is just a stress test at the moment. In a week or two when the Alpha release goes live it's going to still be called Basilisk but it's going to be wiped again I believe. At this point it should start on a fairly long run before any more wipes (hopefully). Will someone be able to lock/block out what has been posted for Basilisk during the stress test so they don't get mixed in with the ones added after the Alpha goes live?

If I never said it previously, thanks for providing the crafting community with a great tool for the past years.

Sobuno
Developer

Post by Sobuno » Sat Jun 02, 2012 12:15 am

iray wrote:From what I read Basilisk is just a stress test at the moment. In a week or two when the Alpha release goes live it's going to still be called Basilisk but it's going to be wiped again I believe. At this point it should start on a fairly long run before any more wipes (hopefully). Will someone be able to lock/block out what has been posted for Basilisk during the stress test so they don't get mixed in with the ones added after the Alpha goes live?

If I never said it previously, thanks for providing the crafting community with a great tool for the past years.

Once the stress test server goes down, I will mark it inactive and rename it to Basilisk (Stress Test) or similar and create a new server for Basilisk.

It is quite an easy process :)