Beginning DE

Ask & answer questions, submit ideas or post guides on the Droid Engineer Expertise.

Moderators: Crafting Forum Moderators, Forum Moderator

Nautillus
Novice Crafter

Beginning DE

Post by Nautillus » Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:47 am

with the double exp weekend done, I find my self with 2 new DEs. I have an experienced Munitions and an experienced Structures already.

OK here is my question.

Where do I start? I am planning on making factory runs of the DE components first as I need to get HQ resourses before the final craft. What should I be making 1st as it seems that droids take a lot of subcomponents?

And what droid components take hq resources, not the stuff used by other professions.
Icthys Max, Shipwright - Starsider
Nautillus, Weaponsmith - Starsider
Mannaray, Droids - Bloodfin
Willum Hammersmith, Structures - Chimaera
U'ss, Droids - Chimaera

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Re: Beginning DE

Post by Zimoon » Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:29 pm

Browsing schematics for LQ versus HQ, what goes into what or what requires what, etc., is supported both here at SWGCraft but the easiest (imho) in SWGAide at the scematics pages. SWGAide uses data from here so that detail is the same, but browsing is smoother and comes with quite some bells and whistles.

Only sub-components that are tagged as "mixed" require some thought, but chase down what uses the viewed component and you see for what it must be HQ and for what LQ is okay.

I have a DE too, so I recognize the "where to start" aspect, sometimes it feels like a chicken-and-egg problem when A requires B which requires C which... and one imagine a loop. That ain't true, but indeed, some components require subs that in turn require subs.

At the official forum the DE101 is still a good starter and has a section on what you shouls have in stock. Or you just begin manufacturing 1000 LQ of each of the artisan electronic components, then 100 or 200 each of common droid comps. Or yet another way, decide what you want to craft in the end and begin manufacturing 100 of each of its subcomps, and you will quickly learn what is most in demand.

A tip, go harvest LQ stuff of Inert Gas, and alsomPolymer and Liquid Petro; recycle some for Chemical. LQ Extrusive Ore too, as it cannot be recycled to extrusive. The rest is just recycled steel, iron, alu, and copper ... or more or less :)

And equip yourself with decent ISDroids so you can help update you galaxy. Doing that you will find SWGAide helpful, unless you don't know already 8)

HQ resources for DE is not much really, often you can combine 2 lower level items to get higher levels, but not for everything. So basically, some "modules" must be HQ but many is just LQ.

Cheers
Zimoon

HydroTek
Intermediate Crafter

Post by HydroTek » Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:42 pm

Hello Nautillus, welcome to the world of DE :) You probably already have a lot of the resources you need for making droids and related items.

Like Z said, take a look at the guide, it will help a lot, also "mostly" all you need to make of quality are certain modules (combat, hand sample, creature harvest, storage, armor)

Feel free to give me a holler ingame, if you get stuck on anything, I have been DE for a couple days now :)
If it's stuck :x ...force it ...if it breaks, :shock: you needed a new one anyway :)
Characters(Legends): HydroTek, Ditty, and Talo ..give a shout if you see me in game

Nautillus
Novice Crafter

Post by Nautillus » Wed Mar 02, 2011 12:51 am

For my toon on Chimaera, I thought I would post what I have done thus far. Mayby this will help new DE's!

I have a Mish Mash of resources gathered by a structure trader I've had on this server for a few years (he was stagnant and i finally got him to 90 over the dble weekend), this toon has made a couple ber 43 harvesters.

I sold junk resources (Steel, copper, aluminum) for 2 cpu in stacks of 10k and 50k, and low grade ore at 6 cpu in same stacks.

Bought 4 fusions and started getting radio.

bought a factory (man cash is tight).

So far I have made factory runs of Electronics Memory Modules, electronics GP modles, control units, droid brains, advanced droid frame units, and manipulator arms. (all are junk quality). Next we'll start making droids!
U'ss, Droids - Chimaera

Nautillus
Novice Crafter

Post by Nautillus » Wed Mar 02, 2011 1:07 am

Ok looks like i need at least 4 more factory runs to make:

Advanced Droid Frame Unit
Droid Brain Advanced
Droid Motive System
Droid Sensor Package
U'ss, Droids - Chimaera

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Wed Mar 02, 2011 5:27 pm

Just 4 runs??? you must have forgotten something :!:

Smiling Panther
Novice Crafter

Post by Smiling Panther » Sun Mar 06, 2011 5:29 pm

Nautillus wrote:Ok looks like i need at least 4 more factory runs to make:

Droid Brain Advanced
Droid Motive System
Droid Sensor Package
Save your sanity and keep making runs on bread-and-butter components like **Electronic GP cards**, memory cards, standard droid brains, control units, and micro sensor suites. You'll need these anyway for the factory runs you show above, but also you'll find it quite handy to have ready-made stock of these items. For the most part, they can be LQ, but you may want to make an occassional small batch of HQ on select items (GP cards, control unit, energy distributor) if you'll be making advanced micro sensor suites. In general, you're going to find very quickly that you can never have too many GP cards, micro sensor suites, or standard droid brians.
Temenus Alexander, Master Droid Engineer - Dantooine - Ahazi Server

Nitebytes
Novice Crafter

Post by Nitebytes » Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:21 am

Hi, sorry for hijacking someone else's thread but:
How do I know which sub-comps can be LQ and which must be HQ?
Server: Eclipse
Guild: Orion
Toons:
Cha'guar Gotha'kon:- Engineer and Geneticist
Kay'leigh:- Dancer, Musician & Plastic Surgeon
Quay-Shi:- Gun for Hire & Interior Designer
Kay'le:- Naritus Refugee, Medic & Beastmaster

Nautillus
Novice Crafter

Post by Nautillus » Thu Mar 17, 2011 2:17 pm

Nitebytes wrote:Hi, sorry for hijacking someone else's thread but:
How do I know which sub-comps can be LQ and which must be HQ?
Seems as though the subs use junk, combat and sampling/harvesting parts use high qual but subs in them use junk. There are a few others.
U'ss, Droids - Chimaera

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Fri Mar 18, 2011 12:02 am

If they read HQ you should always make them HQ, and if they read LQ you'd better never waste good resources on them. I mean what they read here at SWGCraft and consequently in SWGAide.

If they read "Mixed" it is trickier. Usually you need to read guides that tell when you really need HQ, or you can trial&error all by yourself.

In short though, architects want HQ for top-of-the-line crafting stations and then not only HQ but capped and you must have had at least one Amazing success. Otherwise architects can do with LQ. A DE needs HQ for some modules, some mentioned above, but it is for example possible to stack two rank 4 to act as one rank 6 of some kinds. These are explained in the stickied threads in this board and at official SWG forum.

If something is missing in the stickied threads, feel free to post corrections and completions. Stickied threads and guides are the exceptions from the rule against necroing, that is because they should mot contain stale data to begin with and they are moderated :)

Zimoon

Nitebytes
Novice Crafter

Post by Nitebytes » Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:16 am

Yeah, it was the mixed ones that threw me.
Thanks.
Server: Eclipse
Guild: Orion
Toons:
Cha'guar Gotha'kon:- Engineer and Geneticist
Kay'leigh:- Dancer, Musician & Plastic Surgeon
Quay-Shi:- Gun for Hire & Interior Designer
Kay'le:- Naritus Refugee, Medic & Beastmaster

Vedauwoo
Novice Crafter

Post by Vedauwoo » Thu Mar 24, 2011 1:52 pm

Droid Brain Advanced
Droid Motive System
Droid Sensor Package
Your best place to start is making R3 Entertainer and Merchant droids...as I don't think any component of resource matters quality wise....

Here are my initial runs to get started on Flurry....I use abbreviations (EGPM = Electronics GP Module)

First Runs:
ACU
CU
EGPM
EMM
ED
MSS
PC

Second Runs:
ADF Unit
DB
DB - Advanced
DMS
DMS - Advanced
DSP
DSC
MA
MAPS

Third Runs:
EM - Avian
EM - Confetti
EM - Dancing Jawa
EM - Electric Fog
EM - Mindbloom
EM - Foam
Merchant Barker Module
CS - Weapons/Droid
CS - Clothing Armour
CS - Food
CS - Structures
CS - Starship

From these, you can start pumping out yer first droids and have a stock of supplies as you go forward.

Nautillus
Novice Crafter

Post by Nautillus » Fri Mar 25, 2011 2:11 pm

Vedauwoo wrote:

Droid Brain Advanced
Droid Motive System
Droid Sensor Package
Your best place to start is making R3 Entertainer and Merchant droids...as I don't think any component of resource matters quality wise....

Here are my initial runs to get started on Flurry....I use abbreviations (EGPM = Electronics GP Module)

thx for the advice

First Runs:
ACU
CU
EGPM
EMM
ED
MSS
PC

Second Runs:
ADF Unit
DB
DB - Advanced
DMS
DMS - Advanced
DSP
DSC
MA
MAPS

Third Runs:
EM - Avian
EM - Confetti
EM - Dancing Jawa
EM - Electric Fog
EM - Mindbloom
EM - Foam
Merchant Barker Module
CS - Weapons/Droid
CS - Clothing Armour
CS - Food
CS - Structures
CS - Starship

From these, you can start pumping out yer first droids and have a stock of supplies as you go forward.
Thanks for the advice Vedauwoo, I may start doing the Ent droids as we just got the change. So far I've been concentrating on harvester/sampler/ combo droids.
U'ss, Droids - Chimaera

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Sun Mar 27, 2011 11:49 am

Vedauwoo,

Your post is actually that great that you could create a new topic and post as a "tip for a fledgling DE" or something.

Then, possibly walk through everything and see when the novice learns what, and possibly add notes or order it after level somehow. I have no clue exactly how 8)

Some other guy posted an image of what requires what, which is good. But a quickie on what to make and in what order could help some newbies :)

/thumbsup Vedauwoo

/Zimoon