REing

Ask & answer questions, submit ideas or post guides on Reverse Engineering.

Moderators: Crafting Forum Moderators, Forum Moderator

oceanseleven
Novice Crafter

REing

Post by oceanseleven » Fri Oct 08, 2010 4:37 pm

I had a few mod bits already made up, so I decided to make some PUP's out of them. I got all RE'd up, RE PUPS 10x3, total luck all in all 1111. I made my first PUP, strikethrough chance. It came out 276 uses at 17 chance. I thought, thats a good one, not to bad, not capped, but still good. I made the next one, rifle crit chance, came out 232 uses, 10 chance. Not bad, not capped, but pretty good. Every one kept getting worse and worse, until I made the last one. It was the worst of all. Stikethrough Chance, 176 uses, 15 chance.
Am I doing something wrong with my setup? My RE chance was at 157 with pups and luck was at 1111. Was it just coincidence that they kept getting worse as I made them, or is something not right?
Also, I noticed the other day that there is a new scem in my tool named RE enhancer or something like that. I have been gone away from game for about a year, just came back about two weeks ago, and I do not know what this thing is or does. Can someone please help
me with what this does and how to use it?

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Re: REing

Post by Zimoon » Fri Oct 08, 2010 5:13 pm

Hi there,

Seems we share the same taste in movies, at least when I just want to chill out :D

1) Bad luck ... could have been the other way around.

2) http://www.swgcraft.org/dev/viewschemat ... schem=1909
An enhancer that buffs somewhat to the chances, exactly how much I don't know.

Zimoon

maninspace
Intermediate Crafter

Post by maninspace » Fri Oct 08, 2010 11:36 pm

The RE Enhancer Module will get a boost - with todays TCP/TC-Update, so REing will get much better in time and junk consume :)
SWG/DE Chronicle Master Correspondent

Europe-Farstar:
Horman Sheridan, Ta-awe Ifofa, Sahoo Arej, Anke Strassburg
Starsider:
Horman Sheridan, Hormon Sheridan

Oceans
Novice Crafter

Post by Oceans » Sat Oct 09, 2010 12:15 pm

I am correct in using RE Chance PUP's when I stick a mod bit and power bit into the RE Tool and make a PowerUp? Or, do I need to use luck pups when I make PowerUp's?

I had all three PUP's on of RE Chance when I made these. RE Chance was 157, and my overall Luck was 1111 without using Luck Pups.

Edit: Just read the RE 101 guide, and it does look like I was correct in using RE Chance Pups when making any PUP's. Thank you for that helpful guide!

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Sun Oct 10, 2010 3:07 pm

Oceans wrote:I am correct in using RE Chance PUP's when I stick a mod bit and power bit into the RE Tool and make a PowerUp? Or, do I need to use luck pups when I make PowerUp's?

I had all three PUP's on of RE Chance when I made these. RE Chance was 157, and my overall Luck was 1111 without using Luck Pups.

Edit: Just read the RE 101 guide, and it does look like I was correct in using RE Chance Pups when making any PUP's. Thank you for that helpful guide!
Correct, creating PUPs gives better bang for the buck with the more REChance. Luck affects the random parameter but REChance defines the offset of possible outcome.

This is under assumption that the Devs has not altered anything with RE; if they have I welcome corrections to the guide, always :D

/Zimoon