GCW Crafting... Suits?

Discuss any general aspect of crafting in this forum.

Moderators: Crafting Forum Moderators, Forum Moderator

How do you show your GCW City support?

I pretend the war is not going on (no support)
10%
I craft covertly (combatant)
60%
I lay it on the line (SF Trader)
30%

Total votes: 10

DeathTrooper
Novice Crafter

GCW Crafting... Suits?

Post by DeathTrooper » Sun Mar 14, 2010 10:57 am

I've been trying to figure out what crafting suits are needed to improve the kits for GCW city building phase. On my SW I was told by another SW that an architect suit would make no difference to assembly or experimentation. I was getting 10 points for experimenting the Barricade Kits as a SW, 86-88% Kit Power. My 13 point WS was getting the full 13 points for experimentation when making the Turret Kits, 100% Kit Power with 1 or 2 points left over for charges. I changed my SW to Domestics and set up as a Tailor, 11 points, but only got 10 points making Patrol Kits. Does anyone know which suits are needed for which kits? Is WS or possibly Droid Engineer the only traders getting mare that 10 points, since they are the regular professions which use the Weapon/Droid tools needed to make these kits? I know the GCW crafting is not our "normal" crafting, but if it adds to the game and we can figure out how to provide the best quality, I'm all for it.

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Re: GCW Crafting... Suits?

Post by Zimoon » Sun Mar 14, 2010 11:36 am

I am told the following but have not actually tested it, no less which skill line that is used, such as Culinary versus Clothing, etc., ...
DE --- Tower Construction Tool
Domestic ---Patrol Point Construction Tool
Munition --- Turret Construction Tool
Structure --- Barricade Construction Tool

I could guess that for structure it would be architect rather than SW, for WS it would be WS rather than AS, but the other two :roll:

/Zimoon

DeathTrooper
Novice Crafter

Post by DeathTrooper » Sun Mar 14, 2010 2:16 pm

A DE told me he got 13 points experimenting on Towers, and another WS confirmed getting 13 points on Turrets. Both professions use the WDG tool typically, so that might have something to do with it. My 11 point Tailor definitely only got 10 points making Patrol kits, but maybe they are a Chef specialty since "an army marches on its stomach"? My plan was to make an architect suit for my SW just for making kits, same as my WS having an AS suit just for making socketed armor pieces. If a Chef or Architect chimes in here to say they only get 10 points regardless then I'll know not to waste my resources or respecs.

AtiInc
Apprentice Crafter

Post by AtiInc » Sun Mar 14, 2010 9:21 pm

I use structure suit for barricades.

Savacc
Architect & Shipwright Forum Moderator

Post by Savacc » Sun Mar 14, 2010 10:11 pm

AtiInc wrote:I use structure suit for barricades.
Are you getting 13 points crafting, or 14 in a Diner? (if you can put down a diner to craft in)

DeathTrooper
Novice Crafter

Post by DeathTrooper » Mon Mar 15, 2010 4:18 am

I was told today that Architects and Chefs can get 13 points making their respective kits, though I've been unable to test it. My 11 point tailor makes junk kits, but when I added my last 4 Expertise points to basic Chef my assembly in the kits did go up. So as of now it looks like:

Munitions/Weaponsmith: Turret Kit
Engineer/Droids: Tower Kit
Structures/Architect: Barricade Kit
Domestics/Food: Patrol Kit

This is confirmed for Defensive Building Kits only. Offensive Kits may be different, as I got the same results crafting a Vehicle Kit as I did a Patrol Kit.

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Mon Mar 15, 2010 8:18 am

DeathTrooper wrote:I was told today that Architects and Chefs can get 13 points making their respective kits, though I've been unable to test it. My 11 point tailor makes junk kits, but when I added my last 4 Expertise points to basic Chef my assembly in the kits did go up. So as of now it looks like:

This is confirmed for Defensive Building Kits only. Offensive Kits may be different, as I got the same results crafting a Vehicle Kit as I did a Patrol Kit.
Great input and good research. I would assume Vehicles is DE. As you prolly understand I have not yet done more than seconds in GCW crafting, but my time will come :)

Once you have compiled the info, post a new clean thread with the result and and we will add it to the stickied collection of links.

Greetings
/Zimoon

Tamoch
Novice Crafter

Post by Tamoch » Mon Mar 15, 2010 9:25 pm

I have tested and continue to use the suits that I have available to that particular toon.
The DE suit will give an additional 2 pts experiment on Towers. A structures suit will give +2 pts on Barricades. The food crafting suit is for +2 pts on Patrols. Use the weapons suit for +2 pts on the Turrets. Now for offensive building, you will need the generic artisan crafting suit which also gives +2 pts to experimentation on offensive patrols and vehicle building. That is in the middle column of any traders' expertise. Of course to get 100% experiment you will need your trader as the appropriate profession to build the specific pylon. For example you want 100% barricade tools you will use your architect with the structures suit & with your expertise set too you'll get 13 experimentation points.

DeathTrooper
Novice Crafter

Post by DeathTrooper » Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:38 pm

Tamoch wrote: for offensive building, you will need the generic artisan crafting suit
Thank you very much. Artisan was my guess since I was getting same medium results on both kits. Last night I switched a toon to Chef and got the appropriate bonuses on Patrols. Thanks for the input everyone.

We're now up to:

Defensive:

Offensive:
Generic Artisan: Vehicle Kit, Patrol Kit

Next up is quality ratings. I can test max charges in my next battle, but I haven't seen many smugglers slicing terminals to allow enhanced materials. Can anyone help fill in the following info...

Defensive Max Power(regular/enhanced): 15/?
Defensive Max Charges(regular/enhanced): 30/?

Offensive Max Power(regular/enhanced): 8/?
Offensive Max Charges(regular/enhanced): 30/?

DeathTrooper
Novice Crafter

Post by DeathTrooper » Wed Mar 17, 2010 9:07 am

NEWS FOR GCW CRAFTERS

Thanks to all the help figuring out the suits, I'm now crafting 100% Max Power Offense Kits. I've now gotten a good feel for the offensive side of the battles. In the process I made a new discovery I think should be shared, along with a discovery from my first battle which may or may not be widely known...

*You can construct battle pylons while mounted. I felt it necessary to point this out because before I tried it tonight I had no idea it could be done. In the several battles I've been in now, nobody ever constructed pylons on a mount.

*You can repair and fight at the same time. Combat does not cancel repairs, and you can begin repairs while in combat. My method is to hit the ALT key as soon as the repair countdown begins, which simply hides the progress bar without canceling the action, allowing me to turn freely and pick my targets. Any directional movement will still interrupt construction, including a small sidestep motion in combat which I'd guess is a "dodge" animation. This was the only unavoidable repair interruption I've noticed.

While this information is certainly a matter of gameplay tactics and not directly related to crafting, I do feel it helps to maximize the trader's contribution to the battle. Zimoon, thank you for the hospitality. I'm still trying to find the stats for enhanced kits, which is the only real data I think is missing. Hopefully by the end of the weekend those stats will be known. I'll also leave a post in this thread about experimenting for best kit efficiencies based on your crafting skill, which others can debate or confirm before I wrap it all up for the sticky.

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:26 am

Highly useful info, DT, awesome :D

/Zimoon

AtiInc
Apprentice Crafter

Post by AtiInc » Wed Mar 17, 2010 1:47 pm

Savacc wrote:
AtiInc wrote:I use structure suit for barricades.
Are you getting 13 points crafting, or 14 in a Diner? (if you can put down a diner to craft in)
13 with my full suit.

Havent tried it with my diner.

DeathTrooper
Novice Crafter

Post by DeathTrooper » Thu Mar 18, 2010 10:08 am

AtiInc, thank you for the follow up. I spread the word about using mounts when building pylons. One player told me I was wrong, but others were surprised and happy to hear the news. I also discovered you can build pylons while fighting in the 1st phase the same as repairing them while fighting in the 2nd phase, which is useful if building defenses in a recently captured city still occupied by enemy NPCs.

Now comes a discussion about tool kit crafting...

*Kits:

-Standard (non-enhanced): If you have 12-13 points to experiment with, you can get the max power of 15 and have 1-2 points left over for charges. If you cannot get the full 15 Power, only experiment to Power 13 (note: You get Power 13 at 80%) and then put the rest to charges. The reasoning is that while a 15 Power kit takes only 7 charges to build a pylon to 100%, a 14 Power Kit takes 8 charges the same as a 13 Power Kit. Going from Power 13 to only 14 seems to me to be a waste of charges if you're building from 0% to 100%. The same rule applies to Offensive Kits if you cannot get the full Power 8, only experiment to Power 7 (note: You get Power 7 at **% ?) and then put the rest to charges.

-Enhanced: I was told by one player that Max Power in Enhanced Kits is 30, though I've been unable to test or confirm from any other source. If this is accurate, then a 30 Power Kit would build a pylon to 100% in 4 charges the same as a 25 Power Kit, but the 25 Power Kit could have more charges than the 30 Power. If the Enhanced Defensive Kits are 30 Power, then I'd assume the Enhanced Offensive Kits are 15 Power and would follow the same guidelines as standard Defense Kits.

-Exceptions: For structure pylons (Barricade, Turret, Tower) every % does matter, as SOE states "HP is increased by 5000HP per resource added". I assume this means a 100% structure will have 500k HP, but I can't actually see the HP of structures I build when they do spawn, so maybe somebody can confirm or clarify this detail. For structures pylons, if you are going for 100% then follow the above kit crafting guidelines, but if you do not expect 100% then use the best possible power for these. A 14% Patrol may not be better than a 13%, but a 14% Barricade or Turret is more durable than a 13%. Only Defensive "non-spawning" pylons follow this guideline. All Offensive pylons follow the same guidelines as Defensive Patrols, 1% is as good as 49% and 50% is as good as 99%. Towers are an oddity as they gain the 5k HP for each resource added, but they also have "levels" the same as Patrols. Towers give buffs to NPCs, so maybe the Tower's "level" determines the bonus it gives. SOE did not elaborate on this in their release notes, and I'm not sure how to test the theory. Perhaps the NPCs receive a buff icon I haven't noticed which would indicate the bonus they receive.

*POWER vs CHARGES:

-General: Power helps build 100% pylons more quickly, bringing less fatigue upon the builder. This is obviously good, and in this case Power is far more important than Charges. However, one strategy that seems to be working is to have a builder with all 4 kits put a single charge on as many pylons as possible, while others build up the vital pylons as needed. For this "roaming" builder putting 1 charge to each pylon, Charges are more important than Power. (note: A Patrol pylon with 5% resources will spawn a CL60 Soldier the same as a pylon with 49% resources, and while a 5% Barricade may not last long it helps more than no Barricade at all)-this strategy may not sound pretty, but it certainly does work.

-Offensive Vehicle Kits: When repairing "Damaged Vehicles" in the battle phase of an assault, each vehicle takes 4 Charges to repair, regardless of Power. If you're crafting a Vehicle Kit for this purpose, go for Charges and ignore Power.

Please feel free to debate or dispute any of this, or suggest any other appropriate tips or info I seem to be missing.

*Removed 74% needed for Power 7 on Offensive Kits. Could have sworn I got Power 7 at 74% on 1, but made another 74% tonight and it was only Power 6. 74% seems to be a rare hit for me, as I did not notice any others. 75% seems to be more typical for that point in experimenting. Is there any skill or success related reason one 74% would produce a Power 6 when another produces a Power 7? Could it calculate a 74.5% and call it a 75%? 75% has always gotten me Power 7, but as I said, I seem to rarely land precisely on 74%.
Last edited by DeathTrooper on Sun Mar 21, 2010 4:22 am, edited 2 times in total.

DeathTrooper
Novice Crafter

Post by DeathTrooper » Thu Mar 18, 2010 10:14 pm

Learned today that the Enhancing material bonuses vary, depending on skill and success of Smuggler slicing the terminal. I was able to get some bonuses, but not the maximum.

Also learned you CAN WATCH ENT WHILE MOUNTED! You CANNOT access materials terminal while mounted.

*Thought I'd add this info since I was asked by a trader in-game...

You do not need any resources to build the tool kits.

There is a terminal near each Offensive and Defensive General which asks which tool you wish to build. Once you confirm that you do wish to craft that tool kit you will receive 2 component stacks, 100 charges each. The Defensive terminal will tell you the general trader best suited for that specific tool (will say Domestics profession, not the more precise Food/Chef skill), but any trader can choose to build any tool. The Offensive terminal gives no indication which trader is best suited, because there is no "best" profession as it uses the Artisan skill and all traders have it. When crafting the kits the entire stacks will be added to the schematic slot, unlike factory crates which just subtract from the crate quantity, but once you "Create" the item the stacks (-1 charge each) are returned to your inventory to use in the next crafting session. Material Enhancers, when available, will give a message on the terminal along the lines of "Give me material boosters" and are received 1 at a time instead of in stacks. There are WDG crafting stations at each Offensive Camp, though not at the Defensive Generals, but I highly suggest using a crafting droid regardless as the Offensive pylons are typically a good distance from the Offensive camps and you don't want to be running back and forth each time your tools run out.

Lastly (and I'll emphasize this with the crafting suit info in the final sticky version) ALL tool kits are made with the WDG tool and crafting station, regardless of the specific skills suited for the kit.

DeathTrooper
Novice Crafter

Post by DeathTrooper » Sun Mar 21, 2010 5:51 am

Compiled the schematics info today. *Had a question about CL requirements for kit crafting, but it finally dawned on me to look at my Professions screen. You must be CL46 (Expertise I) to build kits.

In the meantime, here's the schematics info for reference purposes. Considering the nature of these kits (comparable to the Empire Day crafting quest schematics), I don't see a need to list these with the regular schematics. Resource needs and qualities are not an issue, only the skills of the trader. (Note: all components and kits are temporary and will disappear 1 hour after receiving or creating, believe components are no-trade but I will confirm that in next battle and edit accordingly) I'll combine this with the previously found info for final version. I can't think of much more info to add, other than the effects of Material Enhancers and Boosters which still eludes me, or maybe info on good places to build for collections (such as South Keren Camp for Vehicle collections). Did get some info on Tower and Barricade buffs to NPCs. They do receive buff icons, 1 from barricade and 2 from tower, though I don't know what level the tower was so my analysis is not yet complete... wow, that really makes me sound like a neomaxizoomdweebie... look it up if you don't know the phrase :wink:

All Tool Kits:
Type: Misc, Generic Item
Complexity: 5
Schematic Data Size: 1

Offensive Tool Kits:

Vehicle Reinforcement points (terminal dialogue option)
*Combat Vehicle Construction Tool
-Requires 1 Engine Booster.
-Requires 1 Weapon Stabilizers.
-Requires 1 Manufacturing Boosters. (Optional)
(Note: in addition to constructing and repairing per resource added like all other kits, this also repairs "Damaged Vehicle" spawns at a rate of 25% per charge added regardless of Power)

Patrol Reinforcement points (terminal dialogue option)
*Offensive Patrol Construction Tool
-Requires 1 High Frequency Landing Beacon.
-Requires 1 Signal Amplifier.
-Requires 1 Manufacturing Boosters. (Optional)

Defensive Tool Kits:

Reinforcement Point Construction (terminal dialogue option)
*Patrol Point Construction Tool
-Requires 1 Adrenalin Stimulant.
-Requires 1 Bacta Injectors.
-Requires 1 Material Enhancers. (Optional)

Barricade Construction (terminal dialogue option)
*Barricade Construction Tool
-Requires 1 High Density Plating.
-Requires 1 Energy Absorbant Coating.

Tower Construction (terminal dialogue option)
*Tower Construction Tool
-Requires 1 Heat resistant wiring.
-Requires 1 High Performance Circuit Board.

Turret Construction (terminal dialogue option)
*Turret Construction Tool
-Requires 1 Rapid Firing Mechanism.
-Requires 1 Heat Absorbant Casing.

Zimoon, or anyone else, please feel free to call out if you have opinions on what should or should not be included in all of this. I don't want to overload the subject with useless info, but I am a nerd and I can usually see value in any information. My goal is still to wrap this up over the weekend as best I can.