Looking at resources

Submit ideas and suggestions on how we display, catalogue and export the resources.

Moderator: Forum Moderator

Butterflykisses
Novice Crafter

Looking at resources

Post by Butterflykisses » Tue Jun 19, 2007 6:35 pm

I'm new :P I went to current resources, took a second and found the Galaxie and choose all planets. I notice I'm getting ALL the resources, even the ones that are unavailable.

Is it me and how I'm filtering or is no one choosing the unavailable button when the resources are gone from the planet?

Sorry if this question is being asked in the wrong place :)

PS forgot to mention I'm from Eclipse

Sobuno
Developer

Post by Sobuno » Tue Jun 19, 2007 8:23 pm

The reason for this will be explained if you try pressing the Unavailable button... The unavailable feature has not been finished yet so atm you will see all resources that spawned within 30 days (Resources get made unavailable automaticly at 30 days)

Oh, and welcome, hope you find your stay nice :)

gelgamesh
Apprentice Crafter

Post by gelgamesh » Wed Oct 31, 2007 9:12 am

I was wondering what the pecentages mean after the stat. Is this the percentage that the "crafting" tool will read when crafting or just a resource cap percentage that gives you some idea of the "quality" of the resource. please excuse my ignorance. Also, can the # of asterisks be put by the resource name like swgcraft.com...this really helped me when browsing. thanks

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Wed Oct 31, 2007 1:06 pm

gelgamesh wrote:I was wondering what the pecentages mean after the stat. Is this the percentage that the "crafting" tool will read when crafting or just a resource cap percentage that gives you some idea of the "quality" of the resource. please excuse my ignorance. Also, can the # of asterisks be put by the resource name like swgcraft.com...this really helped me when browsing. thanks
Blue is correct.

/Z

Savacc
Architect & Shipwright Forum Moderator

Post by Savacc » Wed Oct 31, 2007 10:44 pm

Several of us asked for the percentage thing, because it will be much more useful then the asterisks. I believe the devs here are working on a color coded system for stats over 900 that will be even more useful then the asterisks of the old site.

gelgamesh
Apprentice Crafter

Post by gelgamesh » Thu Nov 01, 2007 1:48 am

I hear that! thanks

Is there a cut and paste method for submitting resources. I'de be more inclined to submit resources if it weren't so time consuming. how bout a macro?

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Thu Nov 01, 2007 8:30 am

gelgamesh wrote:I hear that! thanks

Is there a cut and paste method for submitting resources. I'de be more inclined to submit resources if it weren't so time consuming. how bout a macro?
Two things;
1) Many seasoned Traders use the in-game notepad, which is a file at your harddisk found at <starwars>\profiles\<your>\notes.txt. Since not long ago it is also possible to have any name ending in .TXT as a notepad file. They can only have a file size of about 4k.Since it is a file on your harddisk you can pre-edit this file out of game, save it, go into game and bring it up wityh the command /note. Then you can fill in stats. The file auto-saves when you close the in-game notepad.

Out of game you bring up the file again, in for example M$ Notepad, select all (Ctrl-A) and copies it. If it is formatted as this

Code: Select all

swgcraft_start
name_1,res_class_1,statA,statB,statC,...
name_2,res_class_2,statA,statB,statC,...
swgcraft_end
with the stats ordered as read in game, then you can paste it into the text field bottommost at the "Current Resources" page, one planet at a time.

2) I am pottering with a utility that will automate this process quite far. Still it has no support for ISDroid reports but that is exactly what I am fiddling with as we speak. The plan is that you send out your ISDroids and waits for their reports, issue /mailsave, open the utility and the character you are currently playing, go to the ISDroid mail folder which may be turned into a special feature that compares the report with currently known resources and from that
a) presents a list of resources that are depleted
b) presents a list of known resources without stats
c) presents a list of resources new to the galaxy
d) presents a list of resources new to the planet but that are known in the galaxy
and you are given the option to issue some tasks, whereof some are completely automatized, such as communicating this site a) and d). You are given a few choices, depending on what you like the most, to fill in the stats for the resources which will then be uploaded seamlessly to this site.

I am currently designing and implementing the basic support features for this to come true and can probably release a beta candidate sometimes two weeks ahead, depending on my IRL spare time.

May I again express my gratitude to Sobuno and Slyvamy that put so much effort in this site and that enhance it with SOAP features making utilities such as the one I am pottering with a dream to work with /salute

Feel free to play around with the current version and I am most grateful for bug reports and enhancement requests. Link in my signature.

/Zimoon

gelgamesh
Apprentice Crafter

Post by gelgamesh » Fri Nov 02, 2007 6:27 am

excellent! However, I do better when lead by the nose, so to recap:
1)create file, SWG\profiles\gelgamesh\note.txt,
2)login, cruise planet, stake claim, shoot natives, sacrifice virgin to spawn gods, turn my head and cough...
3)sample new resource, highlight sample, type /note and fill in stats,
4)after logout, open file and copy/paste to swgcraft.com

Is that about the sum of it, or can I throw out some steps? have I forgotten something?

P.S.- I hope i'm not coming across as sarcastic, I truly value your replies!

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Fri Nov 02, 2007 9:08 am

gelgamesh wrote:excellent! However, I do better when lead by the nose, so to recap:
1)create file, SWG\profiles\gelgamesh\note.txt,
2)login, cruise planet, stake claim, shoot natives, sacrifice virgin to spawn gods, turn my head and cough...
3)sample new resource, highlight sample, type /note and fill in stats,
4)after logout, open file and copy/paste to swgcraft.com

Is that about the sum of it, or can I throw out some steps? have I forgotten something?

P.S.- I hope i'm not coming across as sarcastic, I truly value your replies!
Red can be omitted as this is done by the game. Just make a shortcut from it to Desktop and you are done :)

If you rather start the in-game notepad with /note funny_name.TXT you will have that file name. you can have as many file names you want to, the default is notes.txt.

Have fun
/Z

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Fri Nov 02, 2007 9:19 am

Oooh, remember that the script at this site is quite smart. You do not have to fill in the full name of the resource classes but only the initial characters to distinguish it from any other class. For example

Code: Select all

swgcraft_start
watery,dant wat vap,1,2
poodoo,dant bri hid,1,2,3,...
swgcraft_end
That will save you some time typing :)
/Z