Sunrunner 2 Additional Planets?

Discussion and suggestions regarding the site and/or forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderator

USFPutty
Novice Crafter

Sunrunner 2 Additional Planets?

Post by USFPutty » Thu May 07, 2020 10:33 pm

Hi, longtime member / first time poster.

I just jumped on Sunrunner 2, and was transitioning to Endor but had to go through Hoth, and decided to take samples. However, when I went to check/post them, there is no entry for Hoth or probably for any of their 'additional planets' they worked into the game. Is it possible to add these to auto-survey, or at least add them to the planets field for manual indexing? Thanks!

Savacc
Architect & Shipwright Forum Moderator

Re: Sunrunner 2 Additional Planets?

Post by Savacc » Fri May 08, 2020 1:41 am

Sunrunner is not the only server to add new planets, so yes I am very much aware that this is something that needs to be done.
However, I don't code. The longtime developer for this site left about a year ago citing real life issues. Another person offered to take over, but then a few months ago told me he is having health and family issues and doesn't have the time he felt he might to put into this site.

So, I'm pretty much it as far as keeping this site going. Mostly I just delete spam. If anyone wants to help, I'll take any offers.

Slyvampy
Lead Developer

Re: Sunrunner 2 Additional Planets?

Post by Slyvampy » Thu Jun 11, 2020 10:04 pm

There is only a small problem creating a new planet -> it would create the new planet for all servers. Currently planets are not server specific.

This would also be out of the spirit of the orginal game really, so Im reluctant to do modification to a very old code base either. (Maybe in time if the need arises to rewrite some of the code this can be a thing - community supporting ofc).
Slyvampy
Founder, SWGCraft.org
http://www.swgcraft.org