Please fix resource on Ahazi

Submit ideas and suggestions on how we display, catalogue and export the resources.

Moderator: Forum Moderator

Larena
Novice Crafter

Please fix resource on Ahazi

Post by Larena » Fri May 08, 2009 9:40 pm

The current Corellian Reptilian meat is Tovev. But it's listed as 537 day old Neutronium steel in Swgcraft. But it's not - I used the resource deed and I don't see it listed at all. I tried editing it, but that didn't work, unfortunately. (I hope I didn't make it worse) Can it just be deleted, and then I'll enter it properly?

Sobuno
Developer

Re: Please fix resource on Ahazi

Post by Sobuno » Fri May 08, 2009 9:47 pm

What you should do in such a situation is to rename the wrongly-named resource to something else (Like rename Tovev to Tovevwrongname), add your current resource and post about the wrongly-named resource here on the forums.

I've deleted Tovev, the 537 days old one, you can add the current one now

Larena
Novice Crafter

Post by Larena » Fri May 08, 2009 9:55 pm

Sobuno wrote:What you should do in such a situation is to rename the wrongly-named resource to something else (Like rename Tovev to Tovevwrongname), add your current resource and post about the wrongly-named resource here on the forums.

I've deleted Tovev, the 537 days old one, you can add the current one now
Thank you! I'll remember your advice for the future. :)

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Fri May 08, 2009 10:38 pm

Sobuno's reply is correct, but there is more to it. What you actually should do is described in the second section from the bottom in the stickied "guide" named How to update SWGCraft.

Remember that the advices in that section just apply if you are able to do these steps, in short they are:
  • Find out what the real name of the resource is (usually the resource class is correct and the name is almost correct)
  • Rename to correct name
  • Add the new resource
This requires that you or anybody else that owns a 30k veteran resource crate as a help to figure out the proper name for the old resource.

Cheers
/Zimoon