Absolute cap on primus?

Ask & answer questions, submit ideas or post guides on the Armorsmith Expertise.

Moderators: Crafting Forum Moderators, Forum Moderator

Swedishoyster
Intermediate Crafter

Absolute cap on primus?

Post by Swedishoyster » Tue Apr 21, 2009 7:43 am

If I got this right, the absolute cap on primus is 50, and the negative number is 1 more. Does that mean the best possible is 50/-51 or 49/-50.

I've just managed to make a 49/-50 but if better is possible I do have a resource kit to spend. http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/5702/scr ... 002ypi.jpg Experimentation reached 99%. (9 amazing)

I've made a schematic of it but will wait for an answer here before I start it up. Want to make the best possible armor there is.

(If anyone on chimarea, I'll be interested in some Gravitonic Fiberplast "Wiomipim", if it do turns out it can be upped to 50/-51)
Sork Inc. Perdition, Dantooine
Hunterella, Architect/Armorsmith - Sorkella, Ranger/Riflewoman
Snufsan, Tailor/Chef/x - Healerella, Doctor
Bimborella, Swordswoman/Medic - Sniperella, Rifle/BE

Swedishoyster
Intermediate Crafter

Re: Absolute cap on primus?

Post by Swedishoyster » Wed Apr 22, 2009 9:29 am

So I got server best Gravitonic fiberplast from my last resource kit (went up from 92% avg to 95% avg) but I still got 49/-50, from these I get 6596 armor so I guess that means 50/-51 is the cap...

Is it even possible to reach that on Chimaera, my resources I use are top of the line, 3 of them from resource kits as servers best ever.

http://forums.station.sony.com/swg/post ... 8&#9869623

So it' is possible to make, but has anyone done it on chimarea, yes I used +armorsmith suits, inside a town, pylonian cake, all experimentation points was amazing etc. Oh and of course I cap unlayered.

Evanion
Novice Crafter

Post by Evanion » Sat Nov 14, 2009 1:32 pm

Yes. I'm based on Chim as well and I have managed to make fully capped layers.
have you applied powerups to your suit?

Savacc
Architect & Shipwright Forum Moderator

Post by Savacc » Sat Nov 14, 2009 6:14 pm

Evanion wrote:Yes. I'm based on Chim as well and I have managed to make fully capped layers.
have you applied powerups to your suit?
Im not an AS, so Im wondering how PuPs will help in crafting layers? For the final combine, where the all important socket will be added to the armor piece, I can understand, but not layers. It is my understanding that there is only one line to experiment in layers, so a Luck PuP isnt even useful.

I am only commenting because my general advise to crafters is that they dont need to use PuPs. Except for REing +35 Power Bits, where PuPs are essential.

Evanion
Novice Crafter

Post by Evanion » Sat Nov 14, 2009 11:37 pm

AS Assembly pups can be used in assembly before experimentation. Unless I have misunderstood the assembly process the +assembly bonus should also improve your assembly %, right?

Beginners Guide for Traders here on swg craft have the following to say on assembly:
Assembly skill points give a higher probability for a Great or Amazing Success during the assembly phase, which gives the better initial result of your product.
On another note, here is the server best resources for primus on chim:
--Primus Layers
25 neutronium steel
habiobian
14 polymer
icedoh
14 gravitonic fiberplast
wiomipim
16 vintrium extrusive ore
adialif
12 perovskitic aluminum
divecaogiian

Savacc
Architect & Shipwright Forum Moderator

Post by Savacc » Sat Nov 14, 2009 11:54 pm

Once you are a Master Crafter (cl 90), your Assembly results are going to come out the same every time. A big part of the reason why is that "great" and "amazing" results in Assembly are the same. It was once possible to "critically fail" an Assembly attempt, but that was removed from the game years ago. Now, the only variable in Assembly is "socket" or "no socket" for the items that can have a socket. So the only reason to raise your Assembly skill is to improve or even guarantee the chance that you will get a socket.

I just noticed these are your first posts Evanion, welcome :D Now i feel bad, like Im being too hard on a new poster :roll:

redwhitenblue
Apprentice Crafter

Post by redwhitenblue » Mon Nov 16, 2009 5:40 pm

This sounds very similar to the post I just made, and we're still waiting for the final results but from the last reply I got I'm thinking cap is at 49/-50 as long as you get 100%. It appears that the screenie of the capped layers has been removed from that post already, which is a shame cuz I would have liked to see it. It's true that assembly pups would not make a difference on the assembly percentage, but a lot of resources and factory runs go into making each piece of armor so I think it would be worth using those pups to guarantee that you get a socket, just not when crafting the layers themselves.
Akhor Slaga, Architect; Akihawa Aceric, Chef
Catalina Market, Rori, Flurry
1548, 75, -5884

Evanion
Novice Crafter

Post by Evanion » Mon Nov 16, 2009 8:23 pm

Na if you use server capped you are able to max it .. at waypoint 200 -3700 on lok i have a R.I.S suit standing with capped layers (6,6k and 5,4k) so it is possible to get "50, -51".
Now i have just returned to the game from 9+ months of absense so i don't remember clearly .. but I think there was a bug with layers.
as long as you get the experimentation to 100% in final assembly you will have capped the layer ... but the layer will still say 49, -50.

And thanks for the welcome.
I work as a CSR for a telecom company .. I can take it. :D

Swedishoyster
Intermediate Crafter

Post by Swedishoyster » Thu Feb 04, 2010 2:45 pm

Yes, after using Server best resources (had to use A crate of Free resources on ALL stuff) I was finally able to make primus capped RIS-armour, heck I've even seen my armour re-sold on the bazaar for 4 times what i charged...