ISD DROID HELP

Submit ideas and suggestions on how we display, catalogue and export the resources.

Moderator: Forum Moderator

RebelDawg
Apprentice Crafter

ISD DROID HELP

Post by RebelDawg » Mon Feb 23, 2009 10:56 pm

So.....I have decided that SWCraft and SWGAide are wonderful and I couldn't live without them.

So I have decided to become a regular contributor. I have Bought a ton of ISD's several crates of mineral and floral survey surveyors.

My question is to the others that use the ISD's to update resources.......What resources do you update(mineral,gas, floral etc) and how often? By how often I mean frequency and if if you do it on a particular date or day of the week?

My questions are so that I can perhaps find gaps in the reporting and fill them. Lets say several of you ISD every friday....then I would do mine on tues/wed. If most of you do mineral then I'll focus on another resource as well.

Also, Is there an ISD for creatures, such as bone,hide,milk,meat,eggs etc?

Monty Burns
Master Crafter

Re: ISD DROID HELP

Post by Monty Burns » Mon Feb 23, 2009 11:09 pm

RebelDawg wrote:So.....I have decided that SWCraft and SWGAide are wonderful and I couldn't live without them.

So I have decided to become a regular contributor. I have Bought a ton of ISD's several crates of mineral and floral survey surveyors.

My question is to the others that use the ISD's to update resources.......What resources do you update(mineral,gas, floral etc) and how often? By how often I mean frequency and if if you do it on a particular date or day of the week?

My questions are so that I can perhaps find gaps in the reporting and fill them. Lets say several of you ISD every friday....then I would do mine on tues/wed. If most of you do mineral then I'll focus on another resource as well.

Also, Is there an ISD for creatures, such as bone,hide,milk,meat,eggs etc?
I split my droid usage.
Day 1 and 5 I do all 6 types (mineral, flora, chemical, water, gas and geothermal)
Day 3 and 7 I do 3 types (mineral, chemical and flora)

The only variation on this is when someone else does it before me and then I skip a rotation.

There is no droid for creature resources the only way to do them is manually, I use the 30k Crate and SWGAide resource option.

RebelDawg
Apprentice Crafter

Post by RebelDawg » Mon Feb 23, 2009 11:42 pm

I also had a another question......I am unable to Alt-Tab between SWG and SWG AIde. Anybody else have issues

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:18 pm

RebelDawg wrote:I also had a another question......I am unable to Alt-Tab between SWG and SWG AIde. Anybody else have issues
Starting with this one, no I don't have that issue, never have. What mode do you run SWG in? Borderless windowed? Windowed? Normal?

I guess everybody's mileage vary a lot. I play at Chimaera and here we have 3 players that update at a daily basis, all of the resources that can be covered by ISDroids, plus myself do the Creature resources. Mustafar and Kashyyyk are done when somebody seems fit, or not. I know other players that do it on a weekly basis.

Given that resources spawn and despawn irregularly and the expected lifetime is just 6 up to 11/14/22 days (plain Inorganic is on the shortest span) I would say that a weekly basis is too little. But if your galaxy is fortunate to have more submitters, contact the most frequent and work out some agreement.

It seems as a slow galaxy also picks up speed when somebody starts updating it, and then the burden on you becomes the less. So, I would suggest you do exactly what you feel is right for you, and what you need for your own crafting. If you just need Mineral and Chemical, do only these, etc.

Cheers
/Zimoon

RebelDawg
Apprentice Crafter

Post by RebelDawg » Tue Feb 24, 2009 6:37 pm

Zimoon wrote:
RebelDawg wrote:I also had a another question......I am unable to Alt-Tab between SWG and SWG AIde. Anybody else have issues
Starting with this one, no I don't have that issue, never have. What mode do you run SWG in? Borderless windowed? Windowed? Normal?
/Zimoon
I play normal mode as far as I know

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Tue Feb 24, 2009 7:15 pm

Cannot think of anything really. When you say you cannot Alt-Tab to SWGAide I guess you cannot Alt-Tab to anything else either, right?

Just a long-shot, have you bound anything to Alt-Tab in Options >> Keymap?

/Zimoon

Savacc
Architect & Shipwright Forum Moderator

Post by Savacc » Tue Feb 24, 2009 8:06 pm

Dont you have to play in "windowed mode" to be able to Alt-Tab out of the game?

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Tue Feb 24, 2009 8:14 pm

Savacc wrote:Dont you have to play in "windowed mode" to be able to Alt-Tab out of the game?
I never pay in windowed mode and Alt-Tab all the time, sometime several times a minute.
/Z

Tinsel
I came here on the bandwagon

Post by Tinsel » Wed Feb 25, 2009 12:26 am

OP, have you messed around with the windows key options inside the game yet?
Options/Interface/Enable Windows Key in Fullscreen Mode
Options/Interface/Enable Windows Key in Windowed Mode

I personally play in windowed most of the time so I am not suffering the problem you have, but I wondered whether that would help.

As to the original question, I'm a west coast player on an east coast server... when I get online, if no one's updated SWGcraft yet for that day, I do it. Every day if I have to, though since the transfers, I usually only have to do it a few times a week. :)
Haunna Tanotalos, Elder Chef et al.
-4050 +870, Dantooine, Starsider
http://www.jademoon.org

RebelDawg
Apprentice Crafter

Post by RebelDawg » Fri Feb 27, 2009 5:37 pm

I can Alt tab to any other applictaion but can't to SWG Aide. I will check the window key options

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Fri Feb 27, 2009 7:20 pm

RebelDawg wrote:I can Alt tab to any other applictaion but can't to SWG Aide. I will check the window key options
That sounds very, very odd since SWGAide should not be treated any different by Windows than any other application. This sounds as a Windows issue, not SWG nor SWGAide.

However, if anybody has the slightest clue it is welcomed.

BTW, do you run Windows Vista or XP? If that should matter?

/Zimoon

RebelDawg
Apprentice Crafter

Post by RebelDawg » Sun Mar 01, 2009 3:33 pm

I run XP

let me clarify a bit......I did some testing and it only has a problem if SWG is running. If I open SWGAide and any other program and can Alt-Tab between them.

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Sun Mar 01, 2009 6:57 pm

OK, I just tested:

In game, when I hit Alt nothing happens, but hiding any open in-game windows such as email or whatever, as expected.

If you hold down Alt and hit Tab I am instantly taken to desktop, the little window with running applications is up and I can continue to tab for as long as I please and stop at SWGAide or any other application whenever.

If I have two SWG clients running in parallel: one Alt-Tab takes me to the other SWG, but if I continue to tab I continue to any other application without problem.

I have no enhancer that affects Alt-Tab so I have not been able to test if such enhancers could make a difference. However, I know there are plenty of these ehnacers out there, do you know if you have one? Perhaps unknowing of it?

I really cannot help you further with this. It is definitely not a problem with SWGAide (SWGAide has no control of how Alt-Tab works, not the slightest control) but it is a problem with Windows and/or any add-on. I believe the workaround for you, unless you gigure out the cause for this, is to first Alt-Tab to any other program you have running, an open folder is enough, and then another time to SWGAide. Yes, silly is it not? But what can I say?

/Zimoon

RebelDawg
Apprentice Crafter

Post by RebelDawg » Sun Mar 01, 2009 11:32 pm

Thanx for all ur help Zimoon. I figured it out. I finally tested it with borderless windowed mode and it works