TraderSWG.com

Ideas and discussions on third party tools and utilities

Moderator: Forum Moderator

Monty Burns
Master Crafter

Re: Trader SWG

Post by Monty Burns » Sun Mar 01, 2009 7:48 am

I like the site, I do find the lay out a little confusing (or not as intuitive as I like) but that was looking at it without logging in (I cant remember my login) for example not having a server select option on the main screen.

But on the whole I really like the layout and speed of the site.

Imperial Outpost
Apprentice Crafter

Post by Imperial Outpost » Wed Mar 04, 2009 8:18 pm

Thanks!

I am looking at the site navigation atm.

I've put the galaxy selector back on the schematics page for the test user and I've added a link for the password reminder on the login page.

Monty Burns
Master Crafter

Post by Monty Burns » Wed Mar 04, 2009 8:24 pm

Yep I like that lay out the best so far.

Edra
Novice Crafter

Post by Edra » Sun Mar 08, 2009 5:28 am

I like the tool. Good work so far.

Does this only look up current planet resources and inventory resources? If so, could you change it to look up best possible from past resources?

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Sun Mar 08, 2009 8:53 am

Edra wrote:I like the tool. Good work so far.

Does this only look up current planet resources and inventory resources? If so, could you change it to look up best possible from past resources?
Unless that tool downloads the database from SWGCraft, which I believe is against the data export policy, it cannot do that.

However, without too much effort you can do that yourself using the feature "Find Resources" at this site´s front page.

/Zimoon

Imperial Outpost
Apprentice Crafter

Post by Imperial Outpost » Sun Mar 08, 2009 11:30 am

Edra wrote:I like the tool. Good work so far.

There are only the current planet resources in the database for the use of checking schematics.

The way the software works is to find every resources available that could be used in a slot, check the stats of each and give you the one it considers best depending on how you set your preferences. Even if the information was there, the amount of time it would take to search through and compare 1000's of resources would be impractically long and probably cause timeout errors/crashes - especially if a schematic called for something that takes something very generic - Metal or Chemical for example.

The site does connect to SWGcraft via SOAP to be able to add resources using just the name (and optionally the amount you have), so at the moment the only way to go (and it is a long way unfortunately) is to use the Find Resources tool here to find what you believe are maybe the top 5 or top 10, and then add them to your inventory at Trader SWG as test resources and run the schematic again to find out which one is the best.

Sorry I couldn't give you a better solution, but I will look into this to see if there's any better way of doing it.

And thanks for trying out the site! :D

*EDIT*: Belisama has posted a very easy way to find server best resources using the Find Resources Tool - http://www.swgcraft.co.uk/forums/viewto ... 473#p10473

Imperial Outpost
Apprentice Crafter

Re: TraderSWG.com

Post by Imperial Outpost » Wed Apr 08, 2009 6:02 pm

UPDATE: With some help from Sobuno, I've added a tool to import your `My Resources` direct from swgcraft.co.uk into your TraderSWG.com inventory.

fridge33sam
Intermediate Crafter

Post by fridge33sam » Sun Jun 07, 2009 4:43 pm

I just found this! I love it so far! I'm not at home to try this, but can it be run through the in-game browser that we now have?
Iron Chef Slakkarr CEO, Fishboi Industries

Guild Joker Nagurra CFO, Wookhunter Enterprises

All Vendors located in Ft Revolt, 800 Meters from the Rebel Outpost on Rori, Flurry Server.

Imperial Outpost
Apprentice Crafter

Post by Imperial Outpost » Mon Jun 08, 2009 4:55 pm

It should do. I'm on a break from SWG at the moment so I can't test it, but it's just a normal website.

If there's any problem please let me know - I was planning to do a 'basic' layout version that you can swop between (for using during work time! :wink: )

I'm pleased it's coming in useful...

Imperial Outpost
Apprentice Crafter

Post by Imperial Outpost » Thu Aug 27, 2009 9:13 am

I'm still on a break from SWG, but I've had a bit of time to add a couple of new features to my site/software and fix a couple of back-end problems.

First one, if you want to know the best resources for a schematic you can now easily check for each of the different experimental values. For example, I've gone to check resources for a Mark V Armor Reinforcement Panel, experimenting on mass:

At the top, I have the options of the other experimental values - Armor & Hit Points. I can now click on them to see quickly what the best resources would be for those as well:

Second one is the ability to click through onto the parts needed for a schematic to run the software on those and build up from there. So for this crafting station I'm going to make I have the control unit, micro sensor suite and droid storage compartment I can add (optionally).

I can now click on any of the additional schematics at the bottom to run that one through the system in the quantity needed to make the main schematic. So for example, I click on Droid Storage I get the resources needed to make the 5 I want for the crafting station (and again I can swop between the experiemental options of quality or decay rate):

Hope this comes in handy for someone. With not being in SWG at the moment there's bits I can't test fully, so if anyone comes across any errors or randomness, please drop me a note.

Cheers! :D

Imperial Outpost
Apprentice Crafter

Re: TraderSWG.com (Updated)

Post by Imperial Outpost » Fri Nov 06, 2009 2:04 pm

Savaac has kindly pointed out a glaring mistake in my maths on the site - I was adding the +40 resource bonus to the resources and then doing the sums, where it should have been added to the final total... :oops:

I've updated the site to fix this, but I've also added the actual calculations at the bottom of a schematic recipe page now so you can check any maths yourself if you feel the urge:

I've laid them out as plain text without any styling to the layout, so you can easily copy and paste them - I thought this might be handy if you need to post any queries in a forum, ie...

Code: Select all

HR:                                                                          
(996*1800) + (1000*1200) + (996*1200) + (996*900) + (996*600)                
------------------------------------------------------------- * 0.25 = 249.21
   1800    +    1200     +    1200    +    900    +    600                   

SR:                                                                           
(1000*1800) + (1000*1200) + (1000*1200) + (1000*900) + (1000*600)             
----------------------------------------------------------------- * 0.25 = 250
   1800     +    1200     +    1200     +    900     +    600                 

UT:                                                                         
(994*1800) + (1000*1200) + (994*1200) + (994*900) + (994*600)               
------------------------------------------------------------- * 0.5 = 497.63
   1800    +    1200     +    1200    +    900    +    600                  

HR + SR + UT = 996.84 + 40 = 1036.84