SWG Legends Support ... Pls

Discuss galaxy specific issues.

Moderator: Forum Moderator

It's A Trap
Novice Crafter

SWG Legends Support ... Pls

Post by It's A Trap » Thu Aug 10, 2017 6:56 am

After the recent crash ... and impending wipe of Basilisk, it would seem appropriate to include Legends in your list of servers. Many players I know have moved there to continue to enjoy SWG including myself. It's a bit of a change going from pre-cu to post NGE but I personally love the game enough to be giving it a serious try. Don't be exclusive, embrace the the diversity that we have in SWG ... and embrace the Force : )

Sincerely ... A 10+ year player

Sobuno
Developer

Re: SWG Legends Support ... Pls

Post by Sobuno » Thu Aug 10, 2017 2:42 pm

Let's try it out and see what happens.

Savacc
Architect & Shipwright Forum Moderator

Post by Savacc » Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:56 pm

Sobuno didn't ask me, but I agree, it is time for us to add SWG Legends to our server lists. I always felt we should be cautious, but in the end, if Disney doesn't care, why should we?

Just a FYI to NGE users of our site. When we switched to being a pre-CU site, we updated our schematics section to pre-CU schematics. However we kept the original NGE schematics too. If you go to any page of the schematics section, at the very bottom should be a toggle. One line should say either: "Pre-CU mode" or "NGE mode". The line below it should read, "Switch to [the opposite] mode".

Our forums, from Live, are locked. But NGE users will get more use from them than pre-CU users have. If you have questions or comments, this forum, is the place to ask, just preface it with SWG Legends or NGE as pre-CU servers will also be using this forum.

HydroTek
Intermediate Crafter

Post by HydroTek » Tue Aug 22, 2017 3:44 am

Been quite a while since i have posted here, glad to see some of the old names still active (Savacc, Sobuno, SlyVampy). I re-discovered SWG thru the Legends server, and am spending way too much time there ..OK there is no such thing as too much SWG.

I am glad to see support here for the Legends server, will SwgAide also have support for Legends? Also should I try to update resources here? I see information is being pulled from GH ... really always liked the format better here :)

Question about login here, it keeps requiring me to login each time a page changes (remember me dont stick) maybe my old brain is a little slow. Currently using FireFox.
If it's stuck :x ...force it ...if it breaks, :shock: you needed a new one anyway :)
Characters: HydroTek, Ditty, and Talo ..give a shout if you see me in game

Sobuno
Developer

Post by Sobuno » Tue Aug 22, 2017 6:33 pm

HydroTek wrote:
Tue Aug 22, 2017 3:44 am
will SwgAide also have support for Legends?
SWGAide should get support whenever the file that it pulls data from is updated (Happens automatically once a month if I recall correctly)
Question about login here, it keeps requiring me to login each time a page changes (remember me dont stick) maybe my old brain is a little slow. Currently using FireFox.
What domain are you using? I recommend SWGCraft.org

HydroTek
Intermediate Crafter

Post by HydroTek » Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:02 pm

www.swgcraft.co.uk is where my old book marks point to, didn't know about the .org - will use that one from now onward
If it's stuck :x ...force it ...if it breaks, :shock: you needed a new one anyway :)
Characters: HydroTek, Ditty, and Talo ..give a shout if you see me in game

Right
Novice Crafter

Post by Right » Thu Sep 28, 2017 12:18 am

Thank you for trying to bring Legends on board! I speak for several people when I express my gratitude.

gelgamesh
Apprentice Crafter

Post by gelgamesh » Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:54 pm

Greetings wise and ancient craft masters. I have returned. I admit I missed you guys, specceally savacv. I got pulled back in by a friend who showed me how easy it was to launch. I like that you can launch 2 toons simultaneously , but I’m scared to launch the same toon twice. Will that screw with the space/time continuum?

Savacc

Post by Savacc » Fri Mar 16, 2018 4:08 am

Great to see you too. Does this mean you are playing Legends? I must admit to a certain Emu bias against Legends, but I'm over that now. The only reason I am not playinging Legends was difficulty downloading. I have an ancient system that runs Win XP and Legends did not like that. I have some problems with the Emu server running XP as well, but the server owner helps me out to keep me online.

solarisjedi
Novice Crafter

Post by solarisjedi » Fri Mar 16, 2018 4:20 pm

gelgamesh wrote:
Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:54 pm
Greetings wise and ancient craft masters. I have returned. I admit I missed you guys, specceally savacv. I got pulled back in by a friend who showed me how easy it was to launch. I like that you can launch 2 toons simultaneously , but I’m scared to launch the same toon twice. Will that screw with the space/time continuum?
Greetings!

You can't log the same toon twice, the other will auto log out just like on live. What they mean is you can have 3 of your toons on at once from one account. And you get 5 toon slots.

Hope that helps and welcome back!

gelgamesh
Apprentice Crafter

Post by gelgamesh » Sun Mar 18, 2018 7:22 pm

Hey Savacc, so where do you ply your crafting? I've seen the many emulators and figured on staying in Legends just because i'm here already. Which EMUs do you recommend and how difficult are they to get in?

Solarisjedi,I was wondering what the limitations were. Thanks for your updates on resources; I've found them very helpful. Also, what is your in-game name. I can't add you to my friends list as it says the name is invalid. I've tried to updated the resources, but it seems I don't have permissions. Also, is there a guide on how to turn the 30k free resource crate data into usable SWGCraft updates? I would love to contribute, If I could figure out how.

Savacc

Post by Savacc » Mon Mar 19, 2018 4:05 am

I am playing on Empire in Flames. It is an Emu based server, so that means it is pre-CU. However it is the most un pre-CU of the Emu based servers. The owner took a lot of CU and NGE ideas and added them to the Emu architecture. Basically it is his idea of what the CU and NGE should have been. I do not agree with everything he is doing, but I like a lot of it.

If you are not aware, the Emu (SWGEmu) is a project to emulate or recreate the server side code of pre-CU. It started soon after the NGE. They recently added Jedi and are starting work on JTL. They make their code available to private server owners to run "Emu based servers". I long ago discovered I did not fit in the "official SWGEmu servers" and prefer what individual servers are doing.

Legends is an NGE server using code "discovered" on a hard drive owned by a former SOE dev. There was a group trying to emulate the NGE code. They fell apart when this "discovered code" surfaced. There is no way they could have a finished game like Legends this soon without the discovered code and no reason at all for anyone to try to emulate the NGE now.

For a while we here at SWGCraft did not want to touch Legends because we were not sure about the legality of it. However Disney has to know about it and has done nothing so if Disney doesn't care, why should we? So we are a supporter of Legends and any other NGE server now.

You shouldn't have any trouble updating here. If you mean GH, then yeah you need to to jump through some hoops over there before they will let you update (I never bothered).

gelgamesh
Apprentice Crafter

Post by gelgamesh » Mon Mar 19, 2018 3:23 pm

SWG without JTL is like half the game...without the better half. :cry:
I don't think Disney is going to care until;
1) the population increases by another 2 magnitudes
2) Legends tries to start charging to play, and/or
3) Disney finally realizes what an awesome game they bought by extension and develops it properly.

P.S. Is there a FAQ on space mining?

Savacc

Post by Savacc » Tue Mar 20, 2018 5:02 am

There was a guide on SOE's forum that we linked to, but that link is gone. Maybe someone at Legends has a link to somewhere it might have been preserved.

This is the only discussion I found and it gets off-topic (imagine that :roll: ) http://www.swgcraft.org/forums/viewtopi ... =16&t=1229

What I recall working best for me (I hated asteroid mining by the way) was after breaking of the "chunk" I would target it and "follow", that put me right up next to it. I would turn on my Tractor Beam and start hitting it with the laser. 9 times out of 10 the tractor would scoop up the "bits" as the "chunk" broke up. If it didn't then the decision was, do I chase down the bits or go for another chunk and let the bits drift off?

solarisjedi
Novice Crafter

Post by solarisjedi » Wed Mar 21, 2018 5:25 am

There's a decent guide on the swg wiki too if you haven't seen it already: http://swg.wikia.com/wiki/Space_mining