TraderSWG.com

Ideas and discussions on third party tools and utilities

Moderator: Forum Moderator

Imperial Outpost
Apprentice Crafter

TraderSWG.com

Post by Imperial Outpost » Thu Sep 11, 2008 9:45 pm

Hi

I've been working on a tool to work out the best resources available and the top experimental value available from using those resources (and some other stuff like factory run time) - amongst some other bits n bobs!

I think I've got it about working, but I could use a few people to have a look over it and see if they can find any faults / suggest any improvements.

The actual code should be working fine, but apologies for the crappy layout - haven't gotten around to the design site of things...

http://traderswg.com

Don't have a name for this tool yet either :( Any suggestions on that front would be cool too! lol!

Thanks
Last edited by Imperial Outpost on Thu Aug 27, 2009 9:13 am, edited 3 times in total.

agida
Apprentice Crafter

Re: Experimentation Tool - Testers needed please!

Post by agida » Thu Sep 11, 2008 11:15 pm

Hi,

It looks like a nice start but if you look at Third Party tools for JNF 2.00 it does a lot of that and has the Schematics already in the sheet as drop downs, with the required resources. Panio is working on the code to find the best resources that are available for a schematic. JnF 1.7 did that for the old schematics and such but not the new ones.

The other thing I worry about is that it is web based. Not a bad idea if you have a access to the web all the time. Here in the tools area is a third party tool that is java based which could lend itself well to the web.

So, I guess my suggestions would be:

1. the ability to take in the backup copy from the JnF spreadsheets
Resource;Name;filter on/off;ER;CR;CD;DR;FL;HR;MB;PE;OQ;SR;UT;Quantity;Generic yes/no;CPU;min units
Agrinium Aluminum;Carbomig;1;0;169;389;116;0;381;479;0;875;521;526;184744;1;7.88472622478386;100000
2. somehow use schematic in drop-downs and pre-populate the resources and quantities
3. Import from swg-craft the current resources (which it looks like you do).

Never give up - it's always a learning experience and fun usually.

good first cut, for me it's to much work to fill in all the fields. I'm VERY Lazy....

Luv
Agida
Agida - Rebel Ace - Master Shipwright - Flurry
Shop near Nashal /wp 4636 4459
http://www.swg-piloten.com/html/agida_s ... _shop.html

Monty Burns
Master Crafter

Post by Monty Burns » Thu Sep 11, 2008 11:32 pm

Imperial Outpost wrote:Hi

I've been working on a tool to work out the best resources available and the top experimental value available from using those resources (and some other stuff like factory run time) - amongst some other bits n bobs!

I think I've got it about working, but I could use a few people to have a look over it and see if they can find any faults / suggest any improvements.

The actual code should be working fine, but apologies for the crappy layout - haven't gotten around to the design site of things...

http://talus.imperialoutpost.co.uk

Don't have a name for this tool yet either :( Any suggestions on that front would be cool too! lol!

Thanks
I only had a short run with it and I didn't register but it worked well and even solved a problem I was having with incubators (the solution was one I had completely over looked), most of all I loved the simplicity, right now I am speced for BM to level a pet but I hope to try the utility out some more in once I am back crafting in a few days.

I assume that had I registered I would have been able to set my server etc. instead of getting results for Bria?

At this stage I would be inclined to tidy it up, maybe add some more dialogue in terms of text help data and see where it goes from there.

Is it only going to be web based or will you release it as a downloaded stand alone product?

However if there is one thing I would like to see in all of the 3rd Party Utilities being produced and discussed on this site is some level of interoperability as it seems that we have 4-5 people doing some nice work but all acting independently of each other.

Imperial Outpost
Apprentice Crafter

Post by Imperial Outpost » Fri Sep 12, 2008 9:34 pm

agida wrote:The other thing I worry about is that it is web based. Not a bad idea if you have a access to the web all the time. Here in the tools area is a third party tool that is java based which could lend itself well to the web.

So, I guess my suggestions would be:

1. the ability to take in the backup copy from the JnF spreadsheets
Resource;Name;filter on/off;ER;CR;CD;DR;FL;HR;MB;PE;OQ;SR;UT;Quantity;Generic yes/no;CPU;min units
Agrinium Aluminum;Carbomig;1;0;169;389;116;0;381;479;0;875;521;526;184744;1;7.88472622478386;100000
2. somehow use schematic in drop-downs and pre-populate the resources and quantities
3. Import from swg-craft the current resources (which it looks like you do).
Thanks for the feedback. Yeah - plan is to keep it web based cos then it doesn't matter where I am I can use it - home, laptop, work, internet cafe... It also means I can use it in-game if I need to.

1. I'll definately look into this - can't imagine it'll be too tricky and if it makes life easier for people then it's a thumbs up!

2. I've added a tick box to save a schematic and I'll be populating the schematic database as I go, so you'll have the options of using either. I've just finished that part so there's a good chance of the elastic band snapping and it all going pear shaped cos I haven't tested it properly yet.

3. Yeah, it does! :)
Monty Burns wrote:I only had a short run with it and I didn't register but it worked well and even solved a problem I was having with incubators (the solution was one I had completely over looked), most of all I loved the simplicity, right now I am speced for BM to level a pet but I hope to try the utility out some more in once I am back crafting in a few days.

I assume that had I registered I would have been able to set my server etc. instead of getting results for Bria?

At this stage I would be inclined to tidy it up, maybe add some more dialogue in terms of text help data and see where it goes from there.

Is it only going to be web based or will you release it as a downloaded stand alone product?

However if there is one thing I would like to see in all of the 3rd Party Utilities being produced and discussed on this site is some level of interoperability as it seems that we have 4-5 people doing some nice work but all acting independently of each other.
I'm pleased it helped! :) Yeah, once you register it'll use the resources from your own galaxy - dunno why I set the default as Bria cos I'm on Tarq, but there you go! lol!

It definately needs tidying up which will be my next step once I get it functioning the way I want it.

And as far as the interoperability you brought up that Zimoon also picked up on, I have sent a PM to the SWGC admins about incorporating the tool into swg craft instead of being stand alone, so we'll see what happens down that road... Fingers crossed I might be able to help out on here a bit! :)

Sobuno
Developer

Post by Sobuno » Fri Sep 12, 2008 9:38 pm

Imperial Outpost wrote: And as far as the interoperability you brought up that Zimoon also picked up on, I have sent a PM to the SWGC admins about incorporating the tool into swg craft instead of being stand alone, so we'll see what happens down that road... Fingers crossed I might be able to help out on here a bit! :)

Hmm, who did you send that PM to? I haven't seen anything at least

Imperial Outpost
Apprentice Crafter

Post by Imperial Outpost » Fri Sep 12, 2008 10:01 pm

I think it was to slyvampy - did it kinda quick cos I was at work! :)

Basically, it was just to offer my services! If you are interested, please let me know!

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Fri Sep 12, 2008 10:07 pm

Imperial Outpost wrote:...
I have sent a PM to the SWGC admins about incorporating the tool into swg craft instead of being stand alone, so we'll see what happens down that road... Fingers crossed I might be able to help out on here a bit! :)
That was a great move, my warmest pat on your back, dude :D

/Zimoon

Imperial Outpost
Apprentice Crafter

Re: Trader SWG

Post by Imperial Outpost » Fri Dec 12, 2008 3:27 pm

I've made a few changes to this now - I'd appreciate it if anyone has 5 minutes to take another look.

Currently working on import/export scripts for the inventory to use with SWGAide and JNF. If there's any others I should be looking at, please let me know.

Monty Burns
Master Crafter

Post by Monty Burns » Fri Dec 12, 2008 7:10 pm

Imperial Outpost wrote:I've made a few changes to this now - I'd appreciate it if anyone has 5 minutes to take another look.

Currently working on import/export scripts for the inventory to use with SWGAide and JNF. If there's any others I should be looking at, please let me know.

I really do like it but there has to be an easier way to sort the schematics as one long list makes my eyes water, perhaps add a profession filter as well?

Another thing I would like to see (and I have no idea how hard it would be) is the ability to search for the best resources to make the item rather than just what is up right now, I realise a lot of this will be solved with the addition of inventories but I think it would help in setting guards in SWGAide for example.

Imperial Outpost
Apprentice Crafter

Post by Imperial Outpost » Sat Dec 13, 2008 1:49 pm

Monty Burns wrote:I really do like it but there has to be an easier way to sort the schematics as one long list makes my eyes water, perhaps add a profession filter as well?
Yeah - I know what you mean. If you are logged in, under your preferences you can tick which professions you want to see along with some other stuff like whether you want to use the +40 expertise bonus or take in account Mustafar resources.

Monty Burns wrote:Another thing I would like to see (and I have no idea how hard it would be) is the ability to search for the best resources to make the item rather than just what is up right now, I realise a lot of this will be solved with the addition of inventories but I think it would help in setting guards in SWGAide for example.
When you have your inventory set up you have the choice of using resources from the planet, your own inventory or both (default setting), but do you mean having a function to check all the server resources (for use with the 30k deed for example)?

Thank you very much for your input - so far I've just been building it for myself, to do things I do and when I've hit something that didn't work/do what I wanted I've changed or added to it. Import/export features are about ready to go and I need to have an option to add planet resources to your own inventory, but any other ideas are appreciated as well.

One thing I would appreciate ideas on is some way to reward a user for adding stats to swgcraft.co.uk, but that one has me stumped atm.

Imperial Outpost
Apprentice Crafter

Post by Imperial Outpost » Sun Feb 22, 2009 6:38 pm

I've added a tutorial video to the website:

Trader SWG - Tutorial 1: Running A Schematic
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hB_uqsavlPg

Monty Burns
Master Crafter

Post by Monty Burns » Sun Feb 22, 2009 11:35 pm

Imperial Outpost wrote:Yeah - I know what you mean. If you are logged in, under your preferences you can tick which professions you want to see along with some other stuff like whether you want to use the +40 expertise bonus or take in account Mustafar resources.
Yeah my problem is that I have access to all of the trader types so I need them all checked, I use the site mainly for manufacturing BM materials so it would be nice to be able to pull up schematics by trader type or even have a BM specific option.

One thing I would appreciate ideas on is some way to reward a user for adding stats to swgcraft.co.uk, but that one has me stumped atm.
The question I would have to ask is why?
To do this wouldn't you have link user lists in some way and that seems like a lot of work for no real gain, people will use what ever site suits them and in offering rewards to those that do contribute here does by default penalises those that don't which in turn penalises your own site.

Imperial Outpost
Apprentice Crafter

Post by Imperial Outpost » Tue Feb 24, 2009 9:25 pm

Yeah, I see what you mean about penalising the site. It's a good point.

With the profession choices, do you mean on the actual page for running schematics to have the choice there and then of just listing items from a specific trader?

I like the idea of the BM schematics as a selectable entity, so I've added it to the profession choices under Preferences > Change User Preferences.

If you select, for example, structures, droid engineer and beast master it'll show all BM schematics whether they are in the chosen professions or not (and handily doesn't double up on them). You could even just select BM if that's what you mainly build - like so:

I have it as 72 schematics that would fall under BM, but if I'm missing any, please LMK - and thanks for the feedback. Much appreciated! :)

Monty Burns
Master Crafter

Post by Monty Burns » Fri Feb 27, 2009 7:55 am

I personally prefer the idea of selecting the profession at the schematics screen as that seems to be the easiest to follow.

Imperial Outpost
Apprentice Crafter

Post by Imperial Outpost » Fri Feb 27, 2009 8:47 pm

Monty Burns wrote:I personally prefer the idea of selecting the profession at the schematics screen as that seems to be the easiest to follow.
I've added that to the schematic screen - I agree that it makes things a lot less complicated. There is now a drop down box next to the schematic lookup box that shows all the professions that you want for that account.

I'm about ready to push the website now, so if you do spot any other things, please let me know.