Data Export

The purpose of this board is for any announcements by the developers. Only developers can start topics on this board.

Moderator: Forum Moderator

Holden
Apprentice Crafter
Posts: 61
Joined: Fri Oct 19, 2007 4:44 am
Location: Chicago, IL, USA

Re: Data Export

Post by Holden » Sun Dec 30, 2007 1:32 pm

Sobuno wrote:Just below the textfield when you're posting a new message is a field named "Disable BBCode". Did you accidently check that one? (Try going back and edit your previous post for example :))
Ah, but there's not. Just below the text field, my only options are:

Do not automatically parse URLs
Notify me when a reply is posted

See screenshot:
Attachments
Limited options
Limited options
nobbcode.JPG (66.57 KiB) Viewed 15284 times
Last edited by Holden on Sun Dec 30, 2007 2:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sobuno
Developer
Posts: 2589
Joined: Sun Mar 25, 2007 2:17 am
Contact:

Re: Data Export

Post by Sobuno » Sun Dec 30, 2007 2:20 pm

You should be able to use BBCode and smilies now. For some reason, it was disabled for this single forum (News & Announcements).

-Sobuno

Holden
Apprentice Crafter
Posts: 61
Joined: Fri Oct 19, 2007 4:44 am
Location: Chicago, IL, USA

Re: Data Export

Post by Holden » Sun Dec 30, 2007 2:46 pm

Sobuno wrote:You should be able to use BBCode and smilies now. For some reason, it was disabled for this single forum (News & Announcements).
Yep, it's working again. As always, thank you for the prompt fixes. :D

vebra
Novice Crafter
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Mar 17, 2008 12:39 pm

Re: Data Export

Post by vebra » Mon Mar 24, 2008 4:29 pm

A question I'm having with data export is, is there an export of all past resources as well? I'm wanting to make something in Adobe AiR similar to myRes but also contains all old resources that aren't currently in spawn as well.

Zimoon
Forum Moderator
Posts: 4817
Joined: Mon May 14, 2007 6:55 am
Location: Stockholm, SE
Contact:

Re: Data Export

Post by Zimoon » Mon Mar 24, 2008 5:30 pm

vebra wrote:A question I'm having with data export is, is there an export of all past resources as well? I'm wanting to make something in Adobe AiR similar to myRes but also contains all old resources that aren't currently in spawn as well.
No there is not and I doubt there will be since a networking application will be able to download the data on demand. But I am not a Dev ;)

Have you had a look at SWGAide linked to in my signature?

Finally, welcome around. Great to see so many new players showing up here :D

/Zimoon

vebra
Novice Crafter
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Mar 17, 2008 12:39 pm

Re: Data Export

Post by vebra » Tue Mar 25, 2008 12:54 am

Yeah it won't run on my laptop, (Doesn't import anything then won't run after the initial setup) and I haven't seen anything regarding resources in it other then the Interplanetary Survey Droid thing.

Zimoon
Forum Moderator
Posts: 4817
Joined: Mon May 14, 2007 6:55 am
Location: Stockholm, SE
Contact:

Re: Data Export

Post by Zimoon » Tue Mar 25, 2008 2:15 pm

vebra wrote:Yeah it won't run on my laptop, (Doesn't import anything then won't run after the initial setup) and I haven't seen anything regarding resources in it other then the Interplanetary Survey Droid thing.
For "support" issues, rather use the SWGAide thread in the 3rd party forum board. If I only get some bug reports I address them as they come. If I get none I don't know what to address.
/Zimoon

Sobuno
Developer
Posts: 2589
Joined: Sun Mar 25, 2007 2:17 am
Contact:

Re: Data Export

Post by Sobuno » Sat Apr 19, 2008 3:16 pm

Updated some permissions regarding data export files, let me know if you are unable to access any of them through the official links (Mainly blocked direct access of most data files with the exception of the status files)

Oh, and also fixed a security hole that allowed every file on our server to be downloaded (Logs did reveal that nobody had any success in doing it... A few had tried though)

Kexi
Novice Crafter
Posts: 18
Joined: Thu May 22, 2008 6:59 pm

Re: Data Export

Post by Kexi » Sat Jun 07, 2008 4:45 pm

Is there a way to get an export of the Schematics as well? I have a few ideas for some scripts I might like to build, but I'd need a schematics export as well (maybe even just a MySQL dump that somebody could send me?).

KEXI: Master Weaponsmith on Flurry - Need a capped weapon? Mail me in game - SWGcraft contributors get a special discount

Sobuno
Developer
Posts: 2589
Joined: Sun Mar 25, 2007 2:17 am
Contact:

Re: Data Export

Post by Sobuno » Sat Jun 07, 2008 5:08 pm

Kexi wrote:Is there a way to get an export of the Schematics as well? I have a few ideas for some scripts I might like to build, but I'd need a schematics export as well (maybe even just a MySQL dump that somebody could send me?).
We do not have an export of the schematics, but I think Zimoon has a schematic XML file somewhere on his site.

It's something we'll make at some point (In the same format as Zimoon's file)

Zimoon
Forum Moderator
Posts: 4817
Joined: Mon May 14, 2007 6:55 am
Location: Stockholm, SE
Contact:

Re: Data Export

Post by Zimoon » Sat Jun 07, 2008 9:03 pm

The file I have at my site is old and possibly some schematics are outdated.

I have not looked into it yet but in due time SWGAide will use one ;)

I was pottering with some slightly edited style of the XML layout at this forum somewhere, will look it up whenever.

It would be good to settle on some layout that is generically useful for all, not just for SWGAide or for any other particular tool.

/Z

User avatar
panino76
Intermediate Crafter
Posts: 184
Joined: Mon May 19, 2008 1:26 pm
Location: Italy

Re: Data Export

Post by panino76 » Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:04 am

Sobuno wrote:
Kexi wrote:Is there a way to get an export of the Schematics as well? I have a few ideas for some scripts I might like to build, but I'd need a schematics export as well (maybe even just a MySQL dump that somebody could send me?).
We do not have an export of the schematics, but I think Zimoon has a schematic XML file somewhere on his site.

It's something we'll make at some point (In the same format as Zimoon's file)
Inside the JnF tool I use an updated list of schematics for each profession. If it's required I could make a procedure to export it in xml format.

I just need to know what ahould be the format and what information it should contain.

Artax Wavingwalker
__________________________________________
The NEW Jenner and Fooman Tool

Zimoon
Forum Moderator
Posts: 4817
Joined: Mon May 14, 2007 6:55 am
Location: Stockholm, SE
Contact:

Re: Data Export

Post by Zimoon » Tue Jun 10, 2008 6:50 am

I will be "out of office" for almost 3 weeks but when I am back I will look into this, it will eventually be a necessity in SWGAide as well, but primarily it is a great feature in any 3rd party tool.

/Z

Sobuno
Developer
Posts: 2589
Joined: Sun Mar 25, 2007 2:17 am
Contact:

Re: Data Export

Post by Sobuno » Mon Apr 20, 2009 9:21 pm

The current resources files are now generated twice an hour

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests