This thing on?

Discuss anything and everything in this forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderator

Byke
Novice Crafter

This thing on?

Post by Byke » Tue Jan 08, 2008 10:17 pm

Hi.

That is all :mrgreen:
Byke - Just a guy
"Whoever said the pen was mightier than the sword obviously never encountered automatic weapons." -Douglas MacArthur"

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Re: This thing on?

Post by Zimoon » Tue Jan 08, 2008 10:31 pm

Good to see you Byke, what has kept you away for almost a year? :)

/Zimoon

Sobuno
Developer

Post by Sobuno » Tue Jan 08, 2008 10:31 pm

:shock: Quite the lurker, been almost 10 months since your last posts!

Oh well, as long as they are as intelligent as this topic :D

Byke
Novice Crafter

Post by Byke » Tue Jan 08, 2008 11:09 pm

Zimoon wrote:Good to see you Byke, what has kept you away for almost a year? :)

/Zimoon
Eh, stuff. I was kinda saddened to see how slowly the off topic forum moves when I'm not around :(
Byke - Just a guy
"Whoever said the pen was mightier than the sword obviously never encountered automatic weapons." -Douglas MacArthur"

Feralmonkey
Artisan Forum Moderator

Post by Feralmonkey » Wed Jan 09, 2008 12:43 am

Yeah, without you here (Or spare) things just lack a certain amount of ridiculousness... glad to see you here!
Kerrimumykamm Former Master Jedi Ahazi
Feralmonkey Former Master Domestics Ahazi

Feralmonkey play tester of Basilisk on the EMU
Feralmonkey Master Rifles but doing the Hologrind on Exile of the EMU

I helped uncover the Stormtubber plot with Eevaa

Savacc
Architect & Shipwright Forum Moderator

Post by Savacc » Wed Jan 09, 2008 4:16 am

Byke wrote:
Zimoon wrote:Good to see you Byke, what has kept you away for almost a year? :)

/Zimoon
Eh, stuff. I was kinda saddened to see how slowly the off topic forum moves when I'm not around :(
I think he is talking about the old site and the thousands of new posts "Off Topic" gets daily with no one to clean up after the spammers. :shock:
Welcome back. :!:

kelsaka
Intermediate Crafter

Post by kelsaka » Wed Jan 09, 2008 9:28 am

Byke! *insert some squeeking here*
Welcome back! *hugs*
~ Kelsaka Rymi ~
SWG Cover Girl September 2008
TRF ~ Naboo ~ Infinity

TradeMaster
Intermediate Crafter

Post by TradeMaster » Wed Jan 09, 2008 6:55 pm

Last time I looked "over there", there were over 11 pages until I found the first non-spam thread, and it was about all the spam.

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Wed Jan 09, 2008 7:16 pm

Yes, we are a few that tries to keep all boards spam free but the Off Topic and the Doctors board. The latter hurts me a lot as I drop by to watch my "first baby guide" occasionally :cry:

Z

kelsaka
Intermediate Crafter

Post by kelsaka » Thu Jan 10, 2008 9:30 am

TradeMaster wrote:Last time I looked "over there", there were over 11 pages until I found the first non-spam thread, and it was about all the spam.
Yep, I popped over there the other day and, after clicking to see new posts, left again rather quickly :( I'm glad we have here as our crafting refuge, it makes the loss of .com a lot easier.

Now if only there was a working swgcreatures for me to play with, I really miss entering creature spawns and it would be so useful with the kill collections. I'd try to revive it myself but after checking the page source codes its far beyond my skills.
~ Kelsaka Rymi ~
TRF ~ Naboo ~ Infinity

Sobuno
Developer

Post by Sobuno » Thu Jan 10, 2008 9:37 am

kelsaka wrote:Now if only there was a working swgcreatures for me to play with, I really miss entering creature spawns and it would be so useful with the kill collections. I'd try to revive it myself but after checking the page source codes its far beyond my skills.

Creature spawns?

-Sobuno (Who never used any other site than SWGCraft.com while playing)

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Thu Jan 10, 2008 10:49 am

kelsaka wrote:
TradeMaster wrote:Last time I looked "over there", there were over 11 pages until I found the first non-spam thread, and it was about all the spam.
Yep, I popped over there the other day and, after clicking to see new posts, left again rather quickly :( I'm glad we have here as our crafting refuge, it makes the loss of .com a lot easier.

Now if only there was a working swgcreatures for me to play with, I really miss entering creature spawns and it would be so useful with the kill collections. I'd try to revive it myself but after checking the page source codes its far beyond my skills.
Is it the entering of creature resources such as name, class, and stats you are asking for?

Using the common input field
swgcraft_start
name,class,stat,stat,...
name,class,stat,stat,...
swgcraft_end
isn't that somewhat useful to update the database. Or is it something else you mean?

I plan to add a feature to SWGAide that kind of helps with the above chores. I updated Gorath's creature resources for quite some time and know what it takes, including the massive typing. Then the copy&paste, so this will be added to at least take away some pain.

/Zimoon

kelsaka
Intermediate Crafter

Post by kelsaka » Thu Jan 10, 2008 11:26 am

No, something along the lines of what http://www.swgcreatures.com did. We used to be able to enter the waypoints of creatures to get a rough idea of where they spawn on the map. This was great for creature resource gatherers, creature handlers and bio-engineers back then, but with beast mastery and collections it could be useful now too. Annoyingly the updating side of it doesn't work anymore and many of the spawn maps and creature combat levels are out of date :(

I already use the swgcraft_start/end code to enter in the resource spawns, which reminds me I want to get Tei to check over the critter ones again today.
~ Kelsaka Rymi ~
TRF ~ Naboo ~ Infinity

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Thu Jan 10, 2008 12:09 pm

Aaah, OK, I remember now. I never used it much but loved the images of different creatures and I compiled some data from there, the GUIDE - Creature Resources got much of its data from there for example :)

I use to be optimistic in most cases but in this case I am not. I miss the activity of former Rangers/Scouts, as well as CHs, and I doubt you will get the momentum necessary to make the site attractive enough to get even more users. The idea is great but it is all about having the user support. As is the corner stoner for this site as well, without a decent number of submitters the general interest will fade away. Having to browse different sites possibly adds to the stress.

With a good click and submit feature I think it is doable. Click at a map, exact waypoints are not necessary, and select creature type in a drop down, and submit. Autoremove after let's say 20 days, or use fading colors: red, orange, yellow, light gray, gone, over 60 days or less.

/Zimoon

Byke
Novice Crafter

Post by Byke » Thu Jan 10, 2008 10:44 pm

kelsaka wrote:Byke! *insert some squeeking here*
Welcome back! *hugs*
I logged into SWG the other day...apparently my house is near Tyrsis? Weird. And by near, I mean on the edge. Maybe it's actually in it now.
Byke - Just a guy