SWG Reckoning update

Discuss galaxy specific issues.

Moderator: Forum Moderator

ngetal
Novice Crafter

SWG Reckoning update

Post by ngetal » Sat Dec 23, 2017 9:19 pm

Reckoning server has added Tanaab to their galaxy - what needs to be done to add it here too?

Savacc
Architect & Shipwright Forum Moderator

Re: SWG Reckoning update

Post by Savacc » Tue Dec 26, 2017 5:27 am

I knew that Tanaab was being worked on months,maybe a year ago and and warned Sobuno that new planets were coming. He indicated it would be a lot of work to add a new planet and he did not have the time. There is probably no reason to expect that Sobuno's life is any less complicated today then back then.

So the answer to your question would be, someone with knowledge of how to do it and time to do it.

solarisjedi
Novice Crafter

Re: SWG Reckoning update

Post by solarisjedi » Wed Jan 03, 2018 7:21 am

Not only what Savacc said, but swgaide would need to be reworked some to allow a new non core planet also (in either pre-cu or nge versions). Lots of work and I could see it as potentially being messy.

For example Legends recently allowed ISDroid reports to be sent to Mustafar and Kashyyyk, while both craft and aide already support those planets as they are core planets, some work had to be done to swgaide to support them in the ISD reporting panel since that never happened on Live.

Not saying it cannot be done, but non-core planets could potentially get messy IMO due to the nature this site and the tools that use it. Especially if the new non core planet had it's own planet-named resource classes. I can only speak for my work on swgaide-nge of course, I cannot speak for the devs of this site. But generally speaking if new features/planets/etc. are added to the site, swgaide will likely follow suit, albeit slowly lol

Just my 2 cents