Trying to create csv for import

Moderator: Forum Moderator

LtBarclay
Novice Crafter

Trying to create csv for import

Post by LtBarclay » Fri Dec 15, 2017 5:36 pm

Hi. It's sweet to be back. I've had a few different logins, but I've never been very good at user recovery, so now it's LtBarclay. SWGCraft is now reporting for my server, Legends, so I've been setting up SWGAide for reporting and tracking. I did quite a bit back in the day.

I've been recording my resource in excel and now I'm trying to organize that into a proper csv for import. I was hoping for an abbreviated format but nothing I've tried seems to be recognized. I don't think I understand the order of inputs. I pulled these suggested headers off the help file and provided an example:

assignee galaxy resourceName ID resourceClass classToken amount [stats in any order] notes
(toon name) SWG Legends quadobie ? axidite iron? 500000 (necessary for known resource?)

I was hoping that if it's a known resource, i could shorten the csv (is x a null value?). Some of the headers are obvious, but I'm not sure what a class token or ID is. If ID is a datatable unique ID, thats not something I can pull from the game. Any suggestions or help sorting out the order and headers would be appreciated! An example entry would be awesome.

Cheers!

solarisjedi
Novice Crafter

Re: Trying to create csv for import

Post by solarisjedi » Sat Dec 16, 2017 5:58 pm

The full format is as follows:

# SWGAide :: Inventory for All @ SWG Legends, file format "CSV" (Comma Separated Values)
# Galaxy name is always written to make transfers possible
# Comma signs are IMPORTANT. Stats and notes are optional.
# assignee,galaxy,resourceName,ID,resourceClass,classToken,amount,ER,CR,CD,DR,FL,HR,MA,PE,OQ,SR,UT,notes
Mr-Miagi,SWG Legends,Opir,1676365,Talusian Wooly Hide,tuwhd,2995,0,0,0,552,0,0,210,0,907,913,414,
Mr-Miagi,SWG Legends,Cotobym,1692658,Duranium Steel,dustl,100000,0,478,382,762,0,819,228,0,963,764,772,

The csv import/export is better used for swgaide/swgaide moving to another computer etc....

I think what would work better for you is the notes import/update (or even export).

From your inventory panel, right click and look for the notes import/update, the format of the notes file is very simple:

resourceName, amount, optional notes

Acafu, 82000, notes stuff

If you already have some things in your inventory maybe do a notes export on it to see the format. You can add to this file as it will ignore existing entries unless you have a + or - in front of the amount to adjust how much you have.

If in doubt hit F1 while in the inventory panel to see the help on it.

LtBarclay
Novice Crafter

Post by LtBarclay » Sun Dec 17, 2017 3:13 am

Thank you. That's most of the info I needed, by example, except resource ID. Since SWGCraft only recently started covering SWG Legends, I was recording my ingame res on an excel sheet. Resource ID isn't available to me in any way I'm aware of, so I don't have it recorded.

I have been inputting entries to SWGAide one res at a time by name and amount only, but was looking for a bulk way to import, similarly abbreviated. Doing it longhand, as per your example would be fine, but if I have to find the resource ID one at a time in order to compile the csv properly, it's not much of a labor saver and I might as well continue single entry inputs.

There's no known way to use shorthand on a csv import?

LtBarclay
Novice Crafter

Post by LtBarclay » Sun Dec 17, 2017 3:23 am

I re-read your post. I took a look at the "notes import". It seems to suggest that I can copy resource name and amounts from excel into a .txt file, then drop that into the right spot in the game file. If I can populate my resource inventory that way (minus unknown spawns), that will work just fine.

It's been years since I used SWGAide! There's a lot to forget!

Cheers.

solarisjedi
Novice Crafter

Post by solarisjedi » Sun Dec 17, 2017 7:26 am

LtBarclay wrote:
Sun Dec 17, 2017 3:23 am
I re-read your post. I took a look at the "notes import". It seems to suggest that I can copy resource name and amounts from excel into a .txt file, then drop that into the right spot in the game file. If I can populate my resource inventory that way (minus unknown spawns), that will work just fine.

It's been years since I used SWGAide! There's a lot to forget!

Cheers.
Indeed there's much to forget in it and SWG itself LOL

Yep that's what I was trying to convey with the notes file, sorry if it wasn't clear. That notes importing/exporting allows you to manage it in-game also so to speak, then come back out to swgaide and import/export etc. back and forth to the notes file of your choosing.

The only issue you might run into (if you have not already) is, not all of the resources are in swgcraft since the beginning of the legends server.... some of us have been adding all of the old/historical resources in certain classes, but there are still quite a bit missing yet prior to this Fall.