Ideas and discussions on third party tools and utilities

Moderator: Forum Moderator

khammicazze
Novice Crafter

Problems with ISDReports after todays patch

Post by khammicazze » Sun Jan 24, 2016 10:20 pm

Hi,

this is the error i get when opening the ISDroid pane

[Sun Jan 24 23:15:07 CET 2016 | version 0.9.8-Sobuno-0.0.10 == EXCEPTION == SWGISDroidPanel:handleISDroidReport: Invalid name
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Invalid name
at swg.model.SWGCGalaxy.fromName(SWGCGalaxy.java:224)
at swg.model.mail.SWGISDroidReport.newInstance(SWGISDroidReport.java:298)
at swg.model.mail.SWGMailMessage.isdroidData(SWGMailMessage.java:483)
at swg.gui.mail.SWGMailISDroidPanel.handleReportAdding(SWGMailISDroidPanel.java:789)
at swg.gui.mail.SWGMailISDroidPanel.handleReportMerging(SWGMailISDroidPanel.java:829)
at swg.gui.mail.SWGMailISDroidPanel.handleISDroidReport(SWGMailISDroidPanel.java:673)
at swg.gui.mail.SWGMailISDroidPanel.access$3(SWGMailISDroidPanel.java:668)
at swg.gui.mail.SWGMailISDroidPanel$1.run(SWGMailISDroidPanel.java:361)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

With this as report:
..SWG.Europa.interplanetary survey droid
Interplanetary Survey: Tatooine - Chemical
TIMESTAMP: 1453673542
Incoming planetary survey report...

\#pcontrast3 Planet: \#pcontrast1 Tatooine
\#pcontrast3 Resource Class: \#pcontrast1 Chemical

\#pcontrast3 Resources located...\#.

Inert Petrochemical
Lubricating Oil
\#pcontrast1 Aocy\#.
\#pcontrast1 Huge\#.
Polymer
\#pcontrast1 Cive\#.
\#pcontrast1 Ica\#.
Fiberplast
Tatooinian Fiberplast
\#pcontrast1 Dipla\#.

Sobuno
Developer

Re: Problems with ISDReports after todays patch

Post by Sobuno » Wed Jan 27, 2016 3:36 pm

Oh dear, seems they misunderstood me at SWGEmu.

Try changing the line "..SWG.Europa.interplanetary survey droid" to "SWG.Europa.interplanetary survey droid" and see if that helps.

Savacc
Architect & Shipwright Forum Moderator

Post by Savacc » Wed Jan 27, 2016 9:26 pm

You are on a server that merges Unstable code from TC Nova every week? :shock:

I am on a one man crusade to say what a bad idea that is. It will cause servers untold headaches, like this one. The pinheads at the Emu will change anything, for any reason, without any discussion or warning before they do it. Servers that just merge it without reviewing or questioning are headed for chaos. You can not, should not, be doing that. Server admins have to look at every line of the update and determine if it is something they want for their server. It is unconscionable to just merge everything.

khammicazze
Novice Crafter

Post by khammicazze » Thu Jan 28, 2016 3:28 pm

Savacc wrote:You are on a server that merges Unstable code from TC Nova every week? :shock:

I am on a one man crusade to say what a bad idea that is. It will cause servers untold headaches, like this one. The pinheads at the Emu will change anything, for any reason, without any discussion or warning before they do it. Servers that just merge it without reviewing or questioning are headed for chaos. You can not, should not, be doing that. Server admins have to look at every line of the update and determine if it is something they want for their server. It is unconscionable to just merge everything.
I understand what you're saying, but i don't see a difference with the problem here. I could be playing on nova and have the same problem which will make me create the same post here.

In long terms, the more people that test the dev code, the better the releases will be. And again, this is not a server problem. Maybe 2 people on the server use SWGAide so the rest of the people doesn't even notice it. And again, it was my choice to play on a server that follows Nova.

But i think this is not the right place to discuss about this. Maybe open a dedicate post for it.

Sobuno
Developer

Post by Sobuno » Thu Jan 28, 2016 4:42 pm

Did my proposed fix work? If so, I need to know so I can re-open the bug report.

khammicazze
Novice Crafter

Post by khammicazze » Thu Jan 28, 2016 6:29 pm

Sobuno wrote:Did my proposed fix work? If so, I need to know so I can re-open the bug report.
As always, right on :-)

It works.

Savacc
Architect & Shipwright Forum Moderator

Post by Savacc » Thu Jan 28, 2016 11:47 pm

khammicazze wrote:I understand what you're saying, but i don't see a difference with the problem here. I could be playing on nova and have the same problem which will make me create the same post here.

In long terms, the more people that test the dev code, the better the releases will be. And again, this is not a server problem. Maybe 2 people on the server use SWGAide so the rest of the people doesn't even notice it. And again, it was my choice to play on a server that follows Nova.

But i think this is not the right place to discuss about this. Maybe open a dedicate post for it.
Hey I'm the moderator here. I get to decide whether this is off topic and needs to be moved to a different thread. :roll: :wink: :mrgreen:

If a server wants to be another Test Center, then hey, go to it, absolutely, the pinheads at the Emu need more people testing, that's for sure. However, if the players on your server think they are on a "play server" merging unstable code is going to frustrate them, because you are throwing, sometimes very drastic, changes in the game at them every week.

Sobuno
Developer

Post by Sobuno » Wed Feb 03, 2016 1:11 am

I have opened a new bug report now, as my note on the original bug report seems to be going unnoticed.

Sobuno
Developer

Post by Sobuno » Mon Feb 08, 2016 9:07 pm

Their new patch to fix this issue should be on Test Center now.