Redesign of 'Current Resources' page

Discussion and suggestions regarding the site and/or forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderator

Milla
Apprentice Crafter

Post by Milla » Mon Oct 08, 2007 4:21 pm

Overall, I find the look of the development page almost perfect. However, instead of green, I would use red and a heavy bold typeface as the highlight of near-cap resource stats.

On a sidenote: I've already noticed that certain stats exceed the theoretic stat cap, resulting in stat values above 100 percent. When implemented verification should also adjust the recognized stat cap to the verified new maximum value.

Zimoon suggested the following coloring scheme:
Amazing = RED = 90%+
Good = ORANGE = 75 - 89% (actually RGB=ff7700)
I support this color scheme, but I'd like to see a heavy bold font - if it is possible to implement it - for the better-than-average values that will get colored this way.

kelsaka
Intermediate Crafter

Post by kelsaka » Mon Oct 08, 2007 7:44 pm

Oooh, I'm liking it :D
~ Kelsaka Rymi ~
SWG Cover Girl September 2008
TRF ~ Naboo ~ Infinity

Sobuno
Developer

Post by Sobuno » Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:13 pm

Milla wrote: Zimoon suggested the following coloring scheme:
Amazing = RED = 90%+
Good = ORANGE = 75 - 89% (actually RGB=ff7700)
I support this color scheme, but I'd like to see a heavy bold font - if it is possible to implement it - for the better-than-average values that will get colored this way.
As in, bold this way or?

The above boldness is already implemented (As in, the colored number gets bolded too)

Darev
Novice Crafter

Post by Darev » Mon Oct 22, 2007 4:41 pm

I love the (potential?) redesign. I think it's much easier to look at this way.

I do have a question however. Would it be possible to alter how we enter in resources that spawn on multiple planets? Currently we have to add each resource multiple times, once for each planet.

Is there a way we could enter in a resource name, and have check boxes for each planet we want to mark that resource as available?

Personally speaking, it would save me a TON of time with how I grab data from the game (having not tested/used the ISD - saved game mail method yet).

Quinner
Novice Crafter

Post by Quinner » Sun Nov 11, 2007 6:25 pm

Please implement the change! The current page design makes my eyes bleed.

Slyvampy
Lead Developer

Post by Slyvampy » Mon Nov 12, 2007 10:09 am

Quinner wrote:Please implement the change! The current page design makes my eyes bleed.
Just to let you know, this is still not a high priority however, we do have an overhaul of some of the pages to fit the grey box style design but we currently do not have a graphic designer on board; however we will contiune to do our best with your support and input.
Slyvampy
Founder, SWGCraft.org
http://www.swgcraft.org

Quinner
Novice Crafter

Post by Quinner » Tue Nov 13, 2007 2:24 am

Slyvampy wrote:
Quinner wrote:Please implement the change! The current page design makes my eyes bleed.
Just to let you know, this is still not a high priority however, we do have an overhaul of some of the pages to fit the grey box style design but we currently do not have a graphic designer on board; however we will contiune to do our best with your support and input.
The problem is finding the 900's amongst the clutter. Would it be possible to mark them with the * symbol used on SWGCraft at either the beginning or end of the entry?

Trick
Novice Crafter

Post by Trick » Tue Nov 13, 2007 2:31 am

From personal experience, the problem isn't that you want to find the 900s, but that you want to find resources within 10% of their cap. There are several named resources where the key stats cap well below 900.

Jhaerel
Novice Crafter

Post by Jhaerel » Tue Nov 13, 2007 2:55 am

http://www.swgcraft.co.uk/dev/current_resources2.php

(It's still in the works, but the %'s and colours are based on their position within the caps)

Jh

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Tue Nov 13, 2007 6:58 am

Even though Slyvampy and Sobuno are working really hard for free, they have proved to be humans, with feelings, humor, and no super-heroes (though I sometimes feel they are).

There are still features not implemented that is more important than design. I have followed the discussions since this summer and realize they must have a heavy backlog of design thingies to pick from when that time comes.

Please bear with them, they are doing a great work--for free--and deserve support and praise rather than "I want this! Now!". OK?

If anybody is skilled in whatever can be useful to develop the site: making images, coding skins, coding small features, why nt PM Slyvampy and volunteer?

/Zimoon

Motamba
Novice Crafter

Post by Motamba » Tue Nov 13, 2007 5:11 pm

How about stats below 900 be orange (red for below 100) and bold green for above 900.
Chilastra's -=Theed Outlet Mall=-
-6611 3979
{Wookiee Made}

Quinner
Novice Crafter

Post by Quinner » Thu Nov 15, 2007 4:29 pm

New look is awesome!!!!! Great Job Sly and company!

Sobuno
Developer

Post by Sobuno » Fri Nov 16, 2007 2:21 pm

I think I forgot to post this so here goes: The redesign has been placed as the live page now (current_resources.php) and the old design has been placed as current_resources3.php (With a link from the new design). Current_resources2 will not be updated anymore, but is kept because some people have made links to it. It will probably be changed to redirect to the live page

Milla
Apprentice Crafter

Post by Milla » Mon Nov 19, 2007 8:29 am

Motamba wrote:How about stats below 900 be orange (red for below 100) and bold green for above 900.
Pointless, you want to know how close the resource is to the stat cap, not to 1000. While it is true that in many cases the resource cap is at 1000, in other cases it is much lower.

Tekro
Apprentice Crafter

Post by Tekro » Mon Nov 19, 2007 8:26 pm

I wouldn't say his suggestion was pointless.

At least not for structure, domestics & engineer - who often are looking for non-named resources.
Wepo Gage