So what's your crafting experience been like in SWGemu?

A board for general discussion of the various SWG Emulators

Moderator: Forum Moderator

The1Colossus
Novice Crafter

Re: So what's your crafting experience been like in SWGemu?

Post by The1Colossus » Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:04 pm

I used to have a combat toon and the rest were crafters...all pre-CU....and two accounts. Once things changed and then changed again, I lost interest with SWG. Most of our guild migrated to WOW. Played other games but they had poor crafting. There is something very deflating about crafting something with the exact same stats as others can.
Or having people loot items that far exceed what anyone can craft.
I hate and love the grind of crafting in this game and am glad I found the EMU. Nothing on the market compares in the crafting area IMO. it has the most unique, complex, and in depth crafting ever designed....and I love that.
Even if you start today, despite the current competition, there is always a way to find that niche and/or make a name for yourself.
Plenty of guides online to get people rolling in the right direction, and the people online have been very helpful too.
So, after a long hiatus away, I am glad to get back into this again and have those old feelings of accomplishment return.

Savacc
Architect & Shipwright Forum Moderator

Post by Savacc » Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:47 pm

Welcome, welcome, thanks for posting :mrgreen: Yeah, I hate the grind for crafting in SWG, mostly because it has so little to do with what you need to know about crafting in the game. What does making a couple hundred Gungan Head statues in practice mode teach you about how to craft in SWG? It doesnt. But you are right, the crafting system in SWG can not be beat, its the best.

Greenflap
Novice Crafter

Post by Greenflap » Fri Dec 06, 2013 5:55 pm

I recently discovered the EMU. I played at launch after having moved from DAOC with my guild,left then played again post CU upto the day NGE hit. It's funny because I agree completely with the nostalgia comment but also finding myself enjoying rising to the challenge again. That is something I don't think I have had to do in any MMO for years. I am really enjoying the crafting and hardly seem to remember anything from my first stints.

The biggest difference for me and in my view the reason the economy is bumping around on the bottom is the afk sampling. It makes a huge difference to the availability of base materials.

I am truly amazed by the dedication and resourcefulness that everyone has demonstrated in making the EMU a reality. My personal thanks go out to everyone involved.

Savacc
Architect & Shipwright Forum Moderator

Post by Savacc » Sun Dec 08, 2013 3:01 am

Yeah, the 2 AFK samplers going 24/7 is not what I remember from playing pre-CU. For one thing, I remember the server shutting down every night for at least an hour of planned maintenance. That alone was going to limit sampling.