Architect

A board for general discussion of the various SWG Emulators

Moderator: Forum Moderator

Swedishoyster
Intermediate Crafter

Architect

Post by Swedishoyster » Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:51 am

The crafter's forum is locked so...

Just to be absolutely sure before I run a factory batch of 1000.
Generator Turbine, while able to experiement on them, the quality doesnt matter right?
Sork Inc. Perdition, Dantooine
Hunterella, Architect/Armorsmith - Sorkella, Ranger/Riflewoman
Snufsan, Tailor/Chef/x - Healerella, Doctor
Bimborella, Swordswoman/Medic - Sniperella, Rifle/BE

Savacc
Architect & Shipwright Forum Moderator

Re: Architect

Post by Savacc » Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:24 pm

no, not at all for Generators. The pain is gathering all those resources.

After I run 1000 Generators, I usually make a schematic for Manufacturing Units and Power Cores, then run 100 of each. I rarely have to make more Manufacturing Units or Power Cores before going through 800 Generators in other things.

Swedishoyster
Intermediate Crafter

Post by Swedishoyster » Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:34 am

Yeah I can't see myself ever needing to make another factory batch of generators on this server.

I found a lot of architect guides but you can never be really sure if they applies to pre-cu, cu or nge, the rule seems to be if it can be experimented upon, then quality matters, but Architect was always weird.

And yes, it took A LOT of resources...

Savacc

Post by Savacc » Sat Mar 16, 2013 12:43 am

Im on my second run of 1k generators since I started playing on Basilisk. Im doing decent Archy sales, maybe 3-4 harvesters a day with occasional houses or factories.

In the architect business, quality is limited to making harvesters, and then only the "Mining Units" and final combine. Technically, Crafting Stations need quality, but since the ratings are not used for anything (besides how much they cost) quality doesnt really matter on them.

Swedishoyster
Intermediate Crafter

Post by Swedishoyster » Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:24 am

So far I haven't bought any resources, so all the materials I have is what spawned the last 6 weeks since I started playing.
My mats aren't high enough to get the light ore mining over 4 (getting to 95% with all amazings), it could also be that I don't have +25 exp tapes yet, only +25 assembly. I suspect it's the steel that is keeping me down.
I'm not overly concerned though as I pump out personal harvester at 4.67 and those are "good enough" for personal use.

A silly thing I noticed though, it's more economical to actually destroy personals than redeem them, I think it cost 3k to redeem a deed and a personal sells for like 750-1k.

Savacc

Post by Savacc » Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:46 pm

Yeah it has always been that way with Personal Harvesters, dont redeed them, just buy or make another.

95% is great for a harvester or mining unit. Server best is 96%, so you are right in there. I am just about out of the server best Duralloy steal, so Im using the second best. They both get 96%. That steel is getting low too, so Im watching daily for a new spawn of Duralloy Steel.

Extra Exp Tapes wont get you any better BER on a harvester. The 11th and 12th points get you bigger hoppers on the harvesters.

If you want to contact me ingame, my Architect is Mi'to. Savacc is one of my samplers, eventually I want him to be a DE and SW when those professions are ready.

Swedishoyster
Intermediate Crafter

Post by Swedishoyster » Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:20 am

yay with the new current intrusive ore on corellia I've pushed personals up to 4.68...