Experimental weights in schematic viewer

Moderator: Forum Moderator

Post Reply
henninkn
Novice Crafter
Posts: 16
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:26 am

Experimental weights in schematic viewer

Post by henninkn » Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:41 am

When you right click a resource you can choose the schematic viewer to get a rating for the various items that resource can be used to make, and you can compare what would happen to those ratings should you pick another resource instead.

These ratings are based on a given formula of experimental weights however, which I think is given in the upper right hand corner (?). Is there a way to change the formula for calculating the item rating, some times I prefer a different weighting of experimental stats. I could, for instance very much like to see the ratings based on the same formula as I used in the guard identifying the resource in the first place, if that made any sense.

User avatar
Savacc
Architect & Shipwright Forum Moderator
Posts: 1211
Joined: Mon Mar 26, 2007 9:45 pm
Location: Central Oregon

Re: Experimental weights in schematic viewer

Post by Savacc » Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:40 am

I am not a user of SWGAide. I learned to play SWG before it existed and got kind of set in my ways. However, as one of the few people left trying to keep this site afloat, let me say a couple things.

SWGAide was Zimoon's baby. He developed it, wrote it and kept it maintained. Z is gone now. He has told us he has no interest in coming back and no further interest in SWGAide.
SWGAide was designed to work with the NGE and SOE's version of the game. There are issues getting it to work with the EMUs and many differences between pre-CU crafting and the NGE.

So, if you are asking if the developers of SWGAide can work on a new feature for you, I am sorry to say that there are no developers of SWGAide and nothing new is being worked on.
If you are using SWGAide on Basilisk, be aware it was not designed for an EMU or pre-CU. The feature you are using will work most of the time for you, but will also give you readings that are not true in pre-CU. The biggest one I can think of is "Resource Caps". In the NGE, and SWGAide, resource caps were taken into account if a "named" resource is called for. In pre-CU resource caps are not adjusted for in any way during the crafting process. This will result in SWGAide telling you that many schematics can be experimented much higher then you will be able to on Basilisk.

henninkn
Novice Crafter
Posts: 16
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:26 am

Re: Experimental weights in schematic viewer

Post by henninkn » Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:18 am

I see, well most of my use for Aide is in identifying resources, which can be done with custom rules in the guard part of the program. Will just have to stick to GH for evaluating how well you can craft an item then!

Sobuno
Developer
Posts: 2589
Joined: Sun Mar 25, 2007 2:17 am
Contact:

Re: Experimental weights in schematic viewer

Post by Sobuno » Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:03 pm

Savacc wrote:So, if you are asking if the developers of SWGAide can work on a new feature for you, I am sorry to say that there are no developers of SWGAide and nothing new is being worked on.
If you are using SWGAide on Basilisk, be aware it was not designed for an EMU or pre-CU. The feature you are using will work most of the time for you, but will also give you readings that are not true in pre-CU. The biggest one I can think of is "Resource Caps". In the NGE, and SWGAide, resource caps were taken into account if a "named" resource is called for. In pre-CU resource caps are not adjusted for in any way during the crafting process. This will result in SWGAide telling you that many schematics can be experimented much higher then you will be able to on Basilisk.

Wait, so cap is always considered to be 1000 in pre-CU? If so, I can dig around in SWGAide and hardcode that value

User avatar
Savacc
Architect & Shipwright Forum Moderator
Posts: 1211
Joined: Mon Mar 26, 2007 9:45 pm
Location: Central Oregon

Re: Experimental weights in schematic viewer

Post by Savacc » Wed Feb 27, 2013 3:19 am

Sobuno wrote:
Savacc wrote:So, if you are asking if the developers of SWGAide can work on a new feature for you, I am sorry to say that there are no developers of SWGAide and nothing new is being worked on.
If you are using SWGAide on Basilisk, be aware it was not designed for an EMU or pre-CU. The feature you are using will work most of the time for you, but will also give you readings that are not true in pre-CU. The biggest one I can think of is "Resource Caps". In the NGE, and SWGAide, resource caps were taken into account if a "named" resource is called for. In pre-CU resource caps are not adjusted for in any way during the crafting process. This will result in SWGAide telling you that many schematics can be experimented much higher then you will be able to on Basilisk.

Wait, so cap is always considered to be 1000 in pre-CU? If so, I can dig around in SWGAide and hardcode that value
In pre-CU yes. Keep the original, NGE version of SWGAide around. There is a group working on an NGE EMU.

Sobuno
Developer
Posts: 2589
Joined: Sun Mar 25, 2007 2:17 am
Contact:

Re: Experimental weights in schematic viewer

Post by Sobuno » Wed Feb 27, 2013 4:23 am

Savacc wrote:
Sobuno wrote:
Savacc wrote:So, if you are asking if the developers of SWGAide can work on a new feature for you, I am sorry to say that there are no developers of SWGAide and nothing new is being worked on.
If you are using SWGAide on Basilisk, be aware it was not designed for an EMU or pre-CU. The feature you are using will work most of the time for you, but will also give you readings that are not true in pre-CU. The biggest one I can think of is "Resource Caps". In the NGE, and SWGAide, resource caps were taken into account if a "named" resource is called for. In pre-CU resource caps are not adjusted for in any way during the crafting process. This will result in SWGAide telling you that many schematics can be experimented much higher then you will be able to on Basilisk.

Wait, so cap is always considered to be 1000 in pre-CU? If so, I can dig around in SWGAide and hardcode that value
In pre-CU yes. Keep the original, NGE version of SWGAide around. There is a group working on an NGE EMU.
Hm, okay, I'll have to dig deep inside SWGAide and see how caps are handled internally.

henninkn
Novice Crafter
Posts: 16
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:26 am

Re: Experimental weights in schematic viewer

Post by henninkn » Wed Feb 27, 2013 5:26 am

Now that I would like, if you could fix this issue as well! Aide is simply too good to be forgotten or left to the NGE realm... :-P

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests