Resource sampling macro

Discuss any general aspect of crafting in this forum.

Moderators: Crafting Forum Moderators, Forum Moderator

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Re: Resource sampling macro

Post by Zimoon » Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:17 pm

Nautillus wrote:I myself do not use /stand, /kneel/, /sit, etc. I used to just autotarget my droid and follow, but my toon had a tendency to get just at the edge of the follow range and would kneel to sample then stand up and try to follow.

So I learned the if you "ctrl shift s" your char will spin and there for not drift.
Have not noticed the issue from the first paragraph, but my MK-harvesting droid does not stand still even if I ask it to, a silly, lava-cooked brain in that one :? But targeting my pet works, but at a 10% loss, just 5+% bonus and not 60%. So I try to find something to "run into" and the ... rub my nose against that, while using a droid.

Forgive an old veteran that have remade the keyboard layout several times now, what is Ctrl-Shift-S do?

/Z

Tungsten
Novice Crafter

Post by Tungsten » Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:21 am

Zimoon wrote:I believe players' tested what gave most yield for different kinds of macros back in the days and found that the one with "ui action default-button" gave better yield per day, but the drift was to be managed somehow. I might be wrong though.

/Z
I'm sure this macro is very efficient, though I do not have exact data. I might do a precise measurement later on, but for now I just parked my toon on Mustafar to hand-sample Aewha for about a week now. I currently have 400k+ of the ore, and have not died a single time.
Zimoon wrote:PS: My compliments for your resource updating at Chim; if you use ISDroids or if you do all creature resources at a time you might be interested in an in-game mail we send each other before doing another volley, we have used it for quite some time now. Send an in-game mail to So'ma and I will send you an example.

/Z
Oh, thank you! I will send the mail, though there are some delays at the moment, I don't do the updates as often as I used to. I am working on a helper tool to make data gathering more efficient, but I am too busy these days to make significant progress -- on most evenings I barely have about an hour to work on it, and there is still so much left to be done...! Once it is finished, however, I will be able to update SWGCraft more often again, since the tool will automate some tedious parts of the process.

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:24 pm

Tungsten wrote:...I am working on a helper tool to make data gathering more efficient, but I am too busy these days to make significant progress -- on most evenings I barely have about an hour to work on it, and there is still so much left to be done...! Once it is finished, however, I will be able to update SWGCraft more often again, since the tool will automate some tedious parts of the process.
Hey mate, have you tried SWGAide to help you in this. It comes with as well support for ISDroids as manual data gathering, thae latter at the Resources panel >> Submit-Resources. Using a 30k resource crate is of course outstanding but not required.

Developers are welcomed, there is no need to implement the wheel again :P

SWGAide is an open source project at SourceForge, see my signature for a link to download ;)

Z

Tungsten
Novice Crafter

Post by Tungsten » Wed Mar 23, 2011 10:19 pm

:D I know! I've been using SWGAide for quite some time now, and I think it's great. I even wrote you an email about it not long ago (or was it long ago? I have no sense of time...)

I'm working on something on top of that. It's a.... ... well, you will probably be the first to know, once it's finished. :)

Nautillus
Novice Crafter

Post by Nautillus » Thu Mar 24, 2011 2:24 am

Forgive an old veteran that have remade the keyboard layout several times now, what is Ctrl-Shift-S do?

It will start your toon spinning in a clockwise motion. For some reason though if your mouse pointer goes off the screen then it will stop. works great to stop wandering.
Icthys Max, Shipwright - Starsider
Nautillus, Weaponsmith - Starsider
Mannaray, Droids - Bloodfin
Willum Hammersmith, Structures - Chimaera
U'ss, Droids - Chimaera

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Sun Mar 27, 2011 11:45 am

Nautillus wrote:Forgive an old veteran that have remade the keyboard layout several times now, what is Ctrl-Shift-S do?

It will start your toon spinning in a clockwise motion. For some reason though if your mouse pointer goes off the screen then it will stop. works great to stop wandering.
OK, thanks ;)

Drewbee
Novice Crafter

Post by Drewbee » Mon Jun 06, 2011 3:54 am

I have completed the scavenger collection but still need more than half of the high quality collections.

Can a macro be made to always hit the 3rd option in the popup to hopefully complete this ridiculous collection. I seem to get 5-10 of the pet option popups per one of the 2000 action high purity sample popups I need.

Any help is appreciated.

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Mon Jun 06, 2011 1:19 pm

I do not think so. When I did these collections on all my characters I was semi-ATK doing chores and was passing by the computer regularly ... clicking whatever option. That is, I used not macro at all. If that would be these days I'd use my sloppy laptop while watching TV 8)

HydroTek
Intermediate Crafter

Post by HydroTek » Mon Jun 06, 2011 4:35 pm

My experience was some different, I suppose it's all about play styles. I finished the collection on 4 traders in only a few hand sampling sessions, while crafting, doing RE, or generally taking care of guild chat ..it really didn't seem to take all that long. Seems as tho some just want an "easy button" :roll:

Maybe SOE should give an option to get to level 90 all at once ..>> "easy button" ..wait, that's the blue frogs on TC. The only caveat, would be that you forgo all the rewards, titles, badges, that others get for putting in the effort to work their way up.

Yup, I would go for that.
If it's stuck :x ...force it ...if it breaks, :shock: you needed a new one anyway :)
Characters(Legends): HydroTek, Ditty, and Talo ..give a shout if you see me in game

Drewbee
Novice Crafter

Post by Drewbee » Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:34 pm

HydroTek wrote:My experience was some different, I suppose it's all about play styles. I finished the collection on 4 traders in only a few hand sampling sessions, while crafting, doing RE, or generally taking care of guild chat ..it really didn't seem to take all that long. Seems as tho some just want an "easy button" :roll:

Maybe SOE should give an option to get to level 90 all at once ..>> "easy button" ..wait, that's the blue frogs on TC. The only caveat, would be that you forgo all the rewards, titles, badges, that others get for putting in the effort to work their way up.

Yup, I would go for that.
Putting in the effort eh? All the effort required for sampling.

I wish you hadn't put forth the effort in making this reply.

As an elder jedi I'm sure I've put in my share of effort in earning what I've achieved in this game. Given a rant like yours I'd imagine that you were one of the "I need the easy button" jedi whiners that led to the NGE.

Thanks Z for the real answer.

HydroTek
Intermediate Crafter

Post by HydroTek » Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:18 am

I can appreciate the effort required to unlock Jedi ..back in the day. Your statement: "the popup to hopefully complete this ridiculous collection", led me to believe you were after the "easy button"

NGE launched in November, 2005 ..I started playing in Jan 2007 ..soo, nope I wasn't one of the causes. I have played the game on a nearly daily basis since I started in 2007.

I wasn't specifically attacking you, but any, that make comments like: to hopefully complete this ridiculous collection, there are way too many that want the "easy button"

LOL, surely one that has put forth the effort to unlock Jedi ..back in the day ..can put up with only 5 popup's to get the RE and luck arm?
If it's stuck :x ...force it ...if it breaks, :shock: you needed a new one anyway :)
Characters(Legends): HydroTek, Ditty, and Talo ..give a shout if you see me in game

Drewbee
Novice Crafter

Post by Drewbee » Tue Jun 07, 2011 3:32 am

I've been sampling with my main who's Medic/BM currently. There-in lies a large portion of my problem in this case.

So I have 30 secs between samples and since the last pop-up I had it was 93 samples before I got another ... and it was for my pet to recover more resources and not the high purity. So imagine if you were to get 10 pet pop-ups per purity pop-up.

And it's not just 5 needed. It's 5 of 6 different resources. So 30 total. I don't even want to break out my calculator so let's just say it's a really long time.

Currently waiting after 79 samples while writing this.

HydroTek
Intermediate Crafter

Post by HydroTek » Tue Jun 07, 2011 4:02 am

Really, with a non-trader profession ..it will likely take you a long time. Since you cant use the arm for RE, with your current profession, then either for the luck or to sell? You could re-spec to trader and complete the collection, then change back to medic ..would likely be a lot faster, even if you level the trader first.

Drewbee
Novice Crafter

Post by Drewbee » Tue Jun 07, 2011 4:22 am

At this point it's just my OCD. I can't quit something once I've started with my main and I started it thinking it would be rather quick and painless since my main has a lot of BM and several pets whereas I'd have to respec my trader just for a single BM point.

Many times I've considered just making the main into a trader for a day to finish it but I always plan on swapping professions after I've built up a decent list of things I want to accomplish with that profession.

And it's not to sell or even use the arm, it's just mostly for the satisfaction of completing something ... but that thing has turned out to not be anything like I expected. At least I know now when I do it with my trader what the worst possible way to do it was.

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Tue Jun 07, 2011 5:33 pm

Drewbee wrote:At this point it's just my OCD. I can't quit something once I've started with my main and I started it thinking it would be rather quick and painless since my main has a lot of BM and several pets whereas I'd have to respec my trader just for a single BM point.

Many times I've considered just making the main into a trader for a day to finish it but I always plan on swapping professions after I've built up a decent list of things I want to accomplish with that profession.

And it's not to sell or even use the arm, it's just mostly for the satisfaction of completing something ... but that thing has turned out to not be anything like I expected. At least I know now when I do it with my trader what the worst possible way to do it was.
Not sure what you mean the worst possible way was ... ?
I did it on many f my toons not long after the collection was added and I noticed no explainable difference between high and low-level traders or combatants, nor between combatants and traders. In fact, my strongest trader was one of the slower and a tiny combatant was quickest. Zimoon, an elder Jedi was in the middle somewhere. I believe most players have similar mileage, that it is completely random. Does this address any of your concerns?