Crafting Better tools to craft better products etc.

Discuss any general aspect of crafting in this forum.

Moderators: Crafting Forum Moderators, Forum Moderator

Suge
Novice Crafter

Crafting Better tools to craft better products etc.

Post by Suge » Fri May 27, 2011 8:22 pm

Hello. I'm new to swg, just 3 days old and have a few questions. Any assistance would be most appreciated.

1.) I have grinded to level 90 of structures trader and went the shipwright rout. I really have no idea where to go from here. I figure my first order of business should be to construct better crafting tools. How on earth would I construct a better generic crafting tool, to thus construct better starship/structure crafting tools and so on?

2.) Resource quality is essential in producing a quality product. How come there are a bazillion different kinds of resource classes, but a schematic only specifies ONE resource type. For example; Requires 400 units of METAL <-------What kind of "Metal" ????? Does it matter? How does one find out what kind of Metal or water etc., is best for a given product? I understand the better the stats the better the resource, but my question is directed more towards knowing if xyz copper with an OQ of 1000 vs xyz Aluminum with an OQ of 1000 is better for xyz component.

3.) I read that certain clothing helps with crafting. What suits should I buy with what attachments for each area of structures trading? Where can I find such clothing. SWG's lack of a "classified ad's" interface makes it rather difficult to find people/stores with desirable skills/products.

4.) Cities with resource centers help with crafting in some way. How can I find/identify a city that has a research center?

I'd love to join a crafting guild and would be willing to be someones apprentice and preform tasks in exchange for knowledge. Anyone who would be willing to take me under their wing please send mail to Erizo Nova in Starsider.

Mibeo
Novice Crafter

Re: Crafting Better tools to craft better products etc.

Post by Mibeo » Fri May 27, 2011 9:43 pm

Suge wrote:Hello. I'm new to swg, just 3 days old and have a few questions. Any assistance would be most appreciated.

1.) I have grinded to level 90 of structures trader and went the shipwright rout. I really have no idea where to go from here. I figure my first order of business should be to construct better crafting tools. How on earth would I construct a better generic crafting tool, to thus construct better starship/structure crafting tools and so on?

Getting to level 90 is the easy part,Your gonna need to gather lots of good recources.Your gonna need crafting suits,and do lots of guide reading, plenty on this site and some on the star wars galaxies site.They will answer alot of questions.as far as getting better tools, you need high conductive properties to make them good, or you can use the bazzar and find and buy them.Recommend you become a pilot, this will be a easy way to get re loot ship parts as well as make some extra money for harvesters.

2.) Resource quality is essential in producing a quality product. How come there are a bazillion different kinds of resource classes, but a schematic only specifies ONE resource type. For example; Requires 400 units of METAL <-------What kind of "Metal" ????? Does it matter? How does one find out what kind of Metal or water etc., is best for a given product? I understand the better the stats the better the resource, but my question is directed more towards knowing if xyz copper with an OQ of 1000 vs xyz Aluminum with an OQ of 1000 is better for xyz component.

If the schematic only requires metal any metal will do, steel, copper, aluminum, iron.as for what stats, watch the weighted stats in the schematic, will show 33% unit toughness, 75% over all quality.You very seldomly will find 1000 of a stat, in most cases you will be lucky to get beyond 960.

3.) I read that certain clothing helps with crafting. What suits should I buy with what attachments for each area of structures trading? Where can I find such clothing. SWG's lack of a "classified ad's" interface makes it rather difficult to find people/stores with desirable skills/products.

clothing with Luck, your crafting suits with assembly and experimatation can help, entertainer buffs. all depends on what your doin. Plenty of foods that add luck to.

4.) Cities with resource centers help with crafting in some way. How can I find/identify a city that has a research center?

This will be player found towns only, some can be research, others manufactoring. will say when you enter the town.The main benefit of this is a beetter chance to hit the exceptional roll on the experimentation vs the good roll.

I'd love to join a crafting guild and would be willing to be someones apprentice and preform tasks in exchange for knowledge. Anyone who would be willing to take me under their wing please send mail to Erizo Nova in Starsider.
Last edited by Savacc on Fri May 27, 2011 10:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: I added red to your answers, makes it easier to understand

Savacc
Architect & Shipwright Forum Moderator

Post by Savacc » Fri May 27, 2011 10:57 pm

Welcome to SWG and SWGCraft Suge :D
First order of business is to assign you reading materials :lol:

Zimoon's Beginners Guide to Crafting This one is essential for you. Bookmark it, read it over and over, it was written just for you. Every single question you asked, and many you didnt, are answered in this guide.

Since you chose to be a Structures Trader, Ill toot my own horn and recommend two things I wrote:
Architect's FAQ
Shipwright's FAQ

If you have only been playing for three days and are already cl90, someone helped you. Whomever that was, did you no favor if they just got you to cl90 and then dumped you. However you have come to the right place for help. Read the guides and come back here if you dont understand something in them. Good Luck.

Mibeo
Novice Crafter

Post by Mibeo » Sat May 28, 2011 1:45 am

Thanks for the color edit Savacc. I am fairly good with ship stuff,My html skills lack though.would mentor Suge if he was on my server, being on seperate servers seems to be hard.So much of it seem having the materials, which takes a while.

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Sat May 28, 2011 9:56 am

Next thing I did "just for you" is SWGAide...

Nah, not true:
* it spun off from a project back in 2005 of which I was a member, and it is still open-source though not so many active developers
* it serves some main purposes
- - supports submissions to SWGCraft almost from within game --- without our submissions SWGCraft would not really be what it is today
- - supports my continued comfortness*
- - supports my friends and fellow crafters in a game I likealot

As a beginner you'll find good use of the Schematics >> Today's Alert, and the Current Resources. Start adding to its Inventory right away because that lays the foundation for many other features, at The Laboratory for example.

For help you press F1 when at a panel or dialog you do not understand. Or open the index.html file that is generated at first launch.

/salute Savacc

Cheers
Zimoon

* some say 'laziness' but that ain't true; if I was lazy there would be no SWGAide; however, eventually using any things which support one's comfort may result in a laidback lifestyle 8)

nayem
Novice Crafter

Post by nayem » Sun Jun 12, 2011 3:44 pm

Yes, I agree with you.
I am 24 years old.