Exported Resource Files questions,

Ideas and discussions on third party tools and utilities

Moderator: Forum Moderator

Mutt-Li
Novice Crafter

Exported Resource Files questions,

Post by Mutt-Li » Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:03 am

1)
I will assume there is a reason why there is a lag between when i upload data and when it appears in the files
Is there a Maximum time for this delay?, if so what is it

2)
is there a reason the ServerId's in the ResourceFiles Dont Match the ServerId's used by Soap?
and is there a downloadable file containing the Server ID's used by Soap
if not , could Soap's serverID's be added to the Existing Server Files

3)
Some of the Soap Functions Use an integer for the Resource Class, What is the Relevance to the Classes,
and is there a conversion File available.
If not can they be added to the Resource Tree Files?

4)
Can we please have some Soap Commands to Retrieve the File Dates of the Resource files, Server Files,Planet Files, and resourceClassTree Files, even one command to retrieve all file dates would be good

If there is anything I could do to help, just ask

Sobuno
Developer

Re: Exported Resource Files questions,

Post by Sobuno » Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:53 am

Mutt-Li wrote:1)
I will assume there is a reason why there is a lag between when i upload data and when it appears in the files
Is there a Maximum time for this delay?, if so what is it
The current resource files are generated twice an hour, so the maximum time before a resource is included should be 29 minutes and 59 seconds ~ 30 minutes.
Mutt-Li wrote: 2)
is there a reason the ServerId's in the ResourceFiles Dont Match the ServerId's used by Soap?
and is there a downloadable file containing the Server ID's used by Soap
if not , could Soap's serverID's be added to the Existing Server Files
The reason is backwards-compatibility with programs developed for the old SWGCraft site. If you look in the CSV-files for example, you'll see that the last four fields in every row are "false","0","","0" as these were used for verification information, a system we never implemented here.

I am actually not sure whether there is a file mapping the old swgcraft_id's to our internal ones (The ones used by SOAP), will have to check what Zimoon uses in SWGAide.
Mutt-Li wrote: 3)
Some of the Soap Functions Use an integer for the Resource Class, What is the Relevance to the Classes,
and is there a conversion File available.
If not can they be added to the Resource Tree Files?
This one I can help with: http://www.swgcraft.org/dev/data_export.php, the bottom-most link that says Resource Class Mapping :)
Mutt-Li wrote: 4)
Can we please have some Soap Commands to Retrieve the File Dates of the Resource files, Server Files,Planet Files, and resourceClassTree Files, even one command to retrieve all file dates would be good
Hmm, the http://www.swgcraft.org/dev/public/status.txt or http://www.swgcraft.org/dev/public/status.xml files contain a UNIX timestamp for when the current resource files were generated, isn't that what you wan't?

The other files are generated on the first day of the month, though they almost never change as no new servers or planets have been added while this site has been up (And only Geothermal when it comes to resources)

Mutt-Li
Novice Crafter

Post by Mutt-Li » Wed Jan 26, 2011 3:20 am

1) Thankyou , exactly what i needed to know
2) SWGAide has them Hardcoded into it, as do my Programs, (thats where i found out what they are)
3) Hmm, i had already downloaded the Resource Class Mapping csv file, but must have missed looking at it, thanks
4) Thanks, for the info, now that i know when they are generated, i can work with it

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Sat Feb 05, 2011 1:14 pm

Mutt-Li wrote:...
2) SWGAide has them Hardcoded into it, as do my Programs, (thats where i found out what they are)
But I obtained them from the files Sobuno referred to, they are linked to at SWGCraft's home page >>> Developer-something. Possibly something was exrracted from the SOAP server's home page.
3) Hmm, i had already downloaded the Resource Class Mapping csv file, but must have missed looking at it, thanks
These ID's are part of resource data in the resourcetree.XML file --- I do believe you should make use of that file a little more. Also, if anything changes that file will be updated and your program can update itself automagically.
4) Thanks, for the info, now that i know when they are generated, i can work with it