4 Resources with no stats submitted

Moderator: Forum Moderator

Exsilium
Novice Crafter

4 Resources with no stats submitted

Post by Exsilium » Sun Aug 29, 2010 1:25 am

4 resources were posted by Cherisse with no stats about 19 minutes ago, Triwawiiam, Quadneorapihafine, Deusoinn and Erouhista. I know 2 of them i would like to know the stats as they are food related, and while I can get the stats myself, SWGAide functions I use wont be able to function correctly with 0 stats.

Savacc
Architect & Shipwright Forum Moderator

Re: 4 Resources with no stats submitted

Post by Savacc » Sun Aug 29, 2010 6:48 am

This site and SWGAide are completely dependent on users such as yourself and Cherrise to keep our databases up to date. SOE does not "feed" us any data. Actually, they have no contact with this site at all. If you find any deficiency on your server, such as resources with no stats, please take the time to update them here.

Edit- You may notice in another thread that Cherrise has asked how to use a 30k resource deed to find stats, so we need to cut him/her some slack while they learn how to update the site. :wink:

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Sun Aug 29, 2010 10:31 am

Exsilium wrote:4 resources were posted by Cherisse with no stats about 19 minutes ago, Triwawiiam, Quadneorapihafine, Deusoinn and Erouhista. I know 2 of them i would like to know the stats as they are food related, and while I can get the stats myself, SWGAide functions I use wont be able to function correctly with 0 stats.
Just want to fill in a bit, but Savacc is completely right.

You mention a thing that I have not thought of in SWGAide, it won't alert you even for a plain guard made such as "any of class X" because it has the filter set to OQ > 0. I will think of a solution for statless resources.

In this thread it seems SWGAide is the main topic, not that resources are reported without stats, hence I moved this topic to the SWGAide forum board. It was good that you did not complain about posting resources without stats because that is an accepted action which should not be bashed at, see No stats vs. with stats.

Regards
Zimoon

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Sun Aug 29, 2010 1:31 pm

Let me piggy-back on this topic and ask all SWGAide users this:

It is easy to change the behavior of SWGAide so guards alert for resources without values for the stats. However, this will make all guards to trigger, all those which match the resource class of the stat-less resource. Depending on how many guards a player has this can be anything from one to a dozen or so. These guards will of course silence themselves when the stats are submitted and they no longer match the values --- and because you of course submit the stats promptly I do not see this as a huge issue.

The other way around, if a resource is reported without values for the stats no guard will trigger whatsoever, not even plain guards that watch out for any spawn of that resource class. None!

Either way, this can be fixed in two ways:
  1. Make guards trigger for a stat-less resource that matches its resource class.
  2. Make just plain guards trigger for a stat-less resource that matches its resource class.
I suggest 1) because 2) depends on the existence of such a plain guard. Assume you are watching out for Dylinium Intrusive Ore used for Advanced Armor Layer Tertius, how likely is it that you have a plain guard for that one? :roll:

On the other hand, I am adding the line of code in SWGAide right now to make stat-less resources render at a colored background at the table of current resources so they are quickly spotted that way too. So another choice would be to not change guards at all.

I hope to hear some feedback soonish because I am about to wrap up what I have now, some bug fixes and more of the same options to select/filter/view at the schematics and resource panels to tie together the two a lot more.

Zimoon

Exsilium
Novice Crafter

Post by Exsilium » Wed Sep 01, 2010 11:29 pm

I am trying to wrap my head around what you are saying... unfortunately I am still learning how to best use SWGAide as it is, so I cant really provide constructive feedback.

Guards seem like a redundant feature to me, and im sure thats because I am uneducated when it comes to the various features still. Right now I use SWGAide to submit bunches of resources and to tell me what resources I have or are available that are best for a particular Schematic. For instance, i want to make Bespin Port.. but right now I have zero resources that are suitable, and if I look at the schematic in the Laboratory i can also see that there are no suitable resources that are currently spawned. - Also when I do make something, I can quickly see what is best for that schematic if I am trying to maximize Nutrition for instance, whereas trying to do the math in my head, or use the colored bar in the game is something of a pain.

I do have a couple guards up, none of which have triggered yet, 3 for the various resources required for Bespin Port, all PE/HQ 800+ as well as one other test one as i try to figure out how best to use them. However, again it seems redundant as it will show up automatically the main resource page with a high rate score and if you click on it, it will show what schems it applies to.

So, for now, Ill have to trust that you, and the community at large know what is needed when it comes to resources with no stats.

Larua or SX-OLL on Bria

Savacc
Architect & Shipwright Forum Moderator

Post by Savacc » Thu Sep 02, 2010 4:54 am

I sort of understood what Z was saying, and saw why he thought it was a "bug" in SWGAide. I was skeptical that the issue he was bringing up was the issue you were concerned about, but I have been wrong about that kind of thing before so ...

There is a very steep learning curve to crafting in this game (that is why we love it :D ). My observation, Exsilium, is that you have a good grasp of the basics of the game, and that you will be one of those who does "get it" :wink: .

Any way we can help, just let us know.

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Thu Sep 02, 2010 5:37 pm

I completely agree with Savacc, you seem to get it, and quickly too.

Just some comments and one tips:

Guards have existed in SWGAide for many years but support for schematics is very new, hence that section is yet quite bare-bones but more bells and whistles are coming, next update have more of integration between the resources & schematics sections.

That is why you feel guards are redundant. However, now you actively look at resources and schematics to see what is great, guards does that for you automatically. That assumes that you have created a particular guard though ;)

In the end of the day, we all play SWG somewhat different, we craft and harvest differently, and we use SWGAide differently. Hence, exactly how you do and not is completel up to you, including which features you use and which you ignore.

Now, IMHO the best with guards are their support for weights and stat-versus-cap and hence you must create one guard per unique combination of weights+resource-class (as understood at the Today's Alert). A guard that just filters for minimum values does just that, period; happen to set a value above a cap and it will never alert.

Don't worry though, I have added the changes I mentioned and next update contains them. Fill up your inventory with whatever that cons good to you, a Chef needs anything with great PE/OQ and any meat with great stats for her tissues :)

/Zimoon

Belisama
Intermediate Crafter

Post by Belisama » Fri Sep 10, 2010 4:37 pm

Zimoon wrote:Either way, this can be fixed in two ways:
Make guards trigger for a stat-less resource that matches its resource class.
That's the one i would choose for :)
If i think that i possible need the reource class i can go out and get the stats (and update them). That's much better then missing a maybe great resource.

BTW if i set my guards for "30h" and the stats are entered 2 days later - i guess SWGAide will never warn me about that resource even if its perfect stuff... That's a No Go ! ;)
Your domestic trader at Starsider TOG Mall: Tat WP -5101 -3308
You have resource for sale ? Check the TOG Holonet Channel for my offer
In Memoriam for all BE

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Fri Sep 10, 2010 6:32 pm

Thanks, it is already added and working in my local copy that is soon to be uploaded, this weekend I hope.

I run into an unexpected situation which screw up SWGAide badly, I won't mention it now so nobody tries it out 8) and it took some time to track down and fix :(

Zimoon

Belisama
Intermediate Crafter

Post by Belisama » Sat Sep 11, 2010 6:33 am

Zimoon wrote:I run into an unexpected situation which screw up SWGAide badly, I won't mention it now so nobody tries it out 8) and it took some time to track down and fix :(
We will wait for a safe version i guess.... :roll:
Your domestic trader at Starsider TOG Mall: Tat WP -5101 -3308
You have resource for sale ? Check the TOG Holonet Channel for my offer
In Memoriam for all BE