Resource Inventory Create... [Error]

Moderator: Forum Moderator

daegon_bria
Novice Crafter

Resource Inventory Create... [Error]

Post by daegon_bria » Sat May 15, 2010 7:29 am

Hello,

I am not sure how you are pulling the resource for the database. But i recently updated the stats for two historical resources on Bria. They were missing a stat. Isleu and Durinetre. Now they display fine on SWGCraft. But the problem is when i go to create an entry in my resource inventory of SWGAide, it still tries to pull in the old stats. One change was done over 24 hours ago. The second today. I verified that the resource stats on the site are still changed.

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Re: Resource Inventory Create... [Error]

Post by Zimoon » Sat May 15, 2010 10:03 am

Just for clarity, I interpret your bug report such as this, and you correct what I have misunderstood and you reply to the questions:
  • This is about two old resources that are no longer in spawn
  • You have created entries in your resource inventory
  • While doing that you clicked "Lookup" but SWGAide failed because they did not exist at SWGCraft.
    • Did you do that with all values as 0?
    • Or did you manually enter some values?
  • After this you added the two old resources to SWGCraft for Bria with their correct values.
  • Now SWGAide does not pull the updated values from SWGCraft.
    • Do you edit the inventory entries and click "Lookup" for this to happen?
    • Or do you believe that SWGAide should pull the values automagically?
Once I understand in detail what is going wrong I can try to reproduce this, right now I am a bit confused as you can see from my questions :)

/Zimoon

daegon_bria
Novice Crafter

Post by daegon_bria » Sat May 15, 2010 11:44 pm

Zimoon wrote:Just for clarity, I interpret your bug report such as this, and you correct what I have misunderstood and you reply to the questions:
  • This is about two old resources that are no longer in spawn
  • You have created entries in your resource inventory
  • While doing that you clicked "Lookup" but SWGAide failed because they did not exist at SWGCraft.
    • Did you do that with all values as 0?
    • Or did you manually enter some values?
  • After this you added the two old resources to SWGCraft for Bria with their correct values.
  • Now SWGAide does not pull the updated values from SWGCraft.
    • Do you edit the inventory entries and click "Lookup" for this to happen?
    • Or do you believe that SWGAide should pull the values automagically?
Once I understand in detail what is going wrong I can try to reproduce this, right now I am a bit confused as you can see from my questions :)
/Zimoon
Hello Zimoon,

Ok this is about two old resources that are no longer in spawn.

I tried to create resource entries in my inventory via using the "Create..." menu item.
In the "Create..." Dialog, i entered the name and selected "Lookup"
This returned to me the resource, but would not let me add it to my inventory as one of the values for each was '0'
I went to SWGCraft.org and Edited the existing resource.
On SWGCraft the resource now displays the correct values.
When i go back to add a resource to my inventory from the "Create..." Dialog, I enter the resource name, Click "lookup", it comes back with the old values with the one statistic, that is '0'. So it would not allow me to Click ok and give me the resource.
The resources i were using are on Bria, Durinetre Polymer.

On a side note, I just tried to add some Mustifarian Aluminum, by using the "Create..." dialogue and and Lookup, the resource info is found. When i click ok to add it it says that the resource statistics are out of range.

I hope that makes it more clear. I have added a few attachments.

I will check back to see if that made more sense.

Thanks,

Bria.Tol'Dur
coawiwaecic_lookup.jpg
coawiwaecic_lookup.jpg (23.89 KiB) Viewed 10448 times
coawiwaecic_stats_outside.JPG
coawiwaecic_stats_outside.JPG (11.71 KiB) Viewed 10448 times
durientre_lookup.JPG
durientre_lookup.JPG (22.67 KiB) Viewed 10448 times

daegon_bria
Novice Crafter

Post by daegon_bria » Sun May 16, 2010 12:05 am

Durientre after edit on SWG
durinetre_after_edit_swgcraft.JPG
durinetre_after_edit_swgcraft.JPG (31.12 KiB) Viewed 10448 times

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Sun May 16, 2010 5:43 am

Great feedback, I have an idea what is going wrong and will investigate later on. Today is "spend-day-with-wife" so... :P

/Zimoon

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Sun May 16, 2010 5:47 am

Regarding that Mustafarian Aluminum, do you mean that the stats really are that much outside caps? Or is it some other kind of resource class or what is correct and what not?

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Sun May 16, 2010 6:55 am

Got a spare 45 minutes and verified my suspicion. The bug is fixed.
It was that clicking Lookup never really updated the local, cached instance when it was once downloaded, trusting that it was OK to begin with, an oversight on my part. Now SWGAide will check with SWGCraft each time the stat values are out-of-bounds.

The bug is included in next release, in a few days I hope.

The question regarding Mustafar remains, see above.

/Zimoon

daegon_bria
Novice Crafter

Post by daegon_bria » Sun May 16, 2010 8:20 am

Zimoon wrote:Regarding that Mustafarian Aluminum, do you mean that the stats really are that much outside caps? Or is it some other kind of resource class or what is correct and what not?
The stats are really that much outside the caps. I have a stack of it so i can verify that the stats are correct. I posted a screenshot of the examine window of the resources actual stats.

I am a Software Developer by profession so i know how useful quality feedback is. If you would like a hand with anything let me know, I wouldn't mind helping out at all.
Coawiwaecic_Examine.JPG
Coawiwaecic_Examine.JPG (35.67 KiB) Viewed 10443 times

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Sun May 16, 2010 7:33 pm

Thanks, the resource is way, way outside the caps. We heard a rumor a long time ago about such resources, but the topic died out without substantial feedback. This is the first time I have ever seen proof of it, and believe me, I update Chimaera for new spawns several times a week --- despawn I let the minions do unless I see it turn 12 days old 8)

Probably, but this is a guess, SOE had some bug in its spawning system, OR of they for a short period used different caps for some reason. Either way I believe this is a very rare resource.

I am indecisive on how to treat this one. However, if you add the resource to SWGCraft's DB it will get properly imported to SWGAide --- once the next version is public. Coding on the schematics-assignee versus favorite-lists is going just fine. Just some minor polishing on the GUI and the action-listeners and it is done. A few days, no more. Actually the next version has a few more fixes, minor new items, polishing, ... yeah :lol:

SWGAide is open source, the team is just me at the moment but the door is open. Search for SWGAide at SourceForge, download the code, read the developer reame-files, send me a PM and ... :D

Cheers
/Zimoon

daegon_bria
Novice Crafter

Post by daegon_bria » Sun May 16, 2010 9:09 pm

daegon_bria wrote:
Zimoon wrote:Regarding that Mustafarian Aluminum, do you mean that the stats really are that much outside caps? Or is it some other kind of resource class or what is correct and what not?
The stats are really that much outside the caps. I have a stack of it so i can verify that the stats are correct. I posted a screenshot of the examine window of the resources actual stats.

I am a Software Developer by profession so i know how useful quality feedback is. If you would like a hand with anything let me know, I wouldn't mind helping out at all.
Coawiwaecic_Examine.JPG
I will definitely check out the source code and readme files.

As far as the resource, it is already in SWGCrafts DB. And when you try to bring it in via the lookup. It will not let you pull it in. Just an FYI.

/cheers Bria.Tol'Dur

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Mon May 17, 2010 7:26 am

Aaah, sorry, I see my thought-failure now.

Hmm, sounds like I must add something that makes SWGAide "trust" SWGCraft.
The problem with that is that also resources that are wrong will be trusted and my original idea was to have people go to SWGCraft and fix the error. Then there was the bug, but when that is fixed my original idea works.

Still there is this one with the over-powered resource. Hmm.

/Zimoon

Akshaag
Novice Crafter

Post by Akshaag » Mon May 17, 2010 7:30 am

Hum...another resource for Mustafarian Aluminum from bria server that is outside the caps :

http://www.swgcraft.org/dev/show_resour ... id=1017179

Bria server will be able to spawn some rare outside caps resource ?

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Mon May 17, 2010 7:32 am

Akshaag wrote:Hum...another resource for Mustafarian Aluminum from bria server that is outside the caps :

http://www.swgcraft.org/dev/show_resour ... id=1017179

Bria server will be able to spawn some rare outside caps resource ?
No, also this one is from 2009, see my post above on the probably cause for this. I believe it was a bug at SOE. Notice that the lower caps for all Musty resources are so high so if it was possible we would see such values every new spawn, not at the same stat but at least at some random stat.

/Zimoon

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Fri May 21, 2010 7:01 pm

I am thinking about the best way around this problem.
However, there is already a workaround:
Import from notes file :P

coawiwaecic, 123456789

... imports just fine for Bria :lol:

Perhaps it did not before the more recent update, I never checked, but it does now.

/Zimoon

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Mon Jun 07, 2010 11:18 pm

Next version is improved to is a resource is known here at SWGCraft, from Mustafar, and with stats outside limits, then a warning dialog is shown but it is possible to use OK to add the resource as is.

In short, a reported-resource from Mustafar may shortcut the strict control of stats.

Was there any report about this kind of rare-and-special resources from any other planet than Mustafar???

Now NN and sleep well :roll:
/Zimoon