Exp Points --- what ... ?

Discuss any general aspect of crafting in this forum.

Moderators: Crafting Forum Moderators, Forum Moderator

Locked
Ce'Nedra
Novice Crafter
Posts: 32
Joined: Sat Mar 07, 2009 5:08 pm

Exp Points --- what ... ?

Post by Ce'Nedra » Sat Mar 06, 2010 5:20 pm

Here's what I've got going on atm:
Image
Structure Experimentation is a 141, but I only get 13 points to use.
My mods consist of a blend of pre-NGE and exotic mods as follows:
pre-NGE shirt +7
pre-NGE pants +4
pre-NGE shoes +2
chest armor +8
knife +8
I do have the +10 modifier expertise
100 base + 31 tapes + 10 expertise = 141
I'm wondering if the expertise and pre-NGE tapes do not stack? What I'm really hoping is that I didn't somehow already miss this answer while reading the explanations. Ok, I see the SEA part, but is that for all tapes combined (new exotics + pre-NGE?) Must be then, so I'm only getting +25 from tapes and +10 from expertise. So if I go to a diner, I'll get that extra +6 to get that 14th point.
Last edited by Zimoon on Sat Mar 06, 2010 6:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Split this into its own topic

Zimoon
Forum Moderator
Posts: 4817
Joined: Mon May 14, 2007 6:55 am
Location: Stockholm, SE
Contact:

Re: Exp Points --- what ... ?

Post by Zimoon » Sat Mar 06, 2010 6:16 pm

I split away your post from the original thread to keep it clean and tidy :)

Remember that regarding experimentation boxes SEAs are capped at +25, that has always been the case.
Savacc wrote:If you have more then 25 Experimentation Skill (from pre NGE SEAs) they will appear on your char sheet, but only the first 25 count towards determining Experimentation Skill.
I am one of those that believe that the extra points counts towards the dice roll though.

For the experimentation boxes, basically you just have
100 + 10 + 25 = 135

You need a Diner, which is what Savacc wrote in his post http://www.swgcraft.org/forums/viewtopi ... 551#p13551

/Zimoon

Ce'Nedra
Novice Crafter
Posts: 32
Joined: Sat Mar 07, 2009 5:08 pm

Re: Exp Points --- what ... ?

Post by Ce'Nedra » Sat Mar 06, 2010 6:24 pm

Zimoon wrote:Remember that regarding experimentation boxes SEAs are capped at +25.
Savacc wrote:If you have more then 25 Experimentation Skill (from pre NGE SEAs) they will appear on your char sheet, but only the first 25 count towards determining Experimentation Skill.
/Zimoon
You know what I think threw me, the (from pre NGE SEAs) part. To me, that says only the first 25 points of pre NGE tapes count, but that other exotics could take you above that. Perhaps I was the only one confused by this.
It did finally click after I wrote it all out though, and maybe that's just what I needed to do.

Zimoon
Forum Moderator
Posts: 4817
Joined: Mon May 14, 2007 6:55 am
Location: Stockholm, SE
Contact:

Re: Exp Points --- what ... ?

Post by Zimoon » Sat Mar 06, 2010 6:59 pm

It often works the same way for me, as soon as question leaves my lips the coin drops and ... :D

User avatar
Savacc
Architect & Shipwright Forum Moderator
Posts: 1211
Joined: Mon Mar 26, 2007 9:45 pm
Location: Central Oregon

Re: Exp Points --- what ... ?

Post by Savacc » Sat Mar 06, 2010 7:41 pm

Hmmm, what I meant to convey, was that if you had more then +25 Experimentation Skill from SEAs (and the only way you could do that would be by using Pre NGE Skill Tapes, either alone or in combination with the current system for making SEAs) only the first +25 count towards determining Experimentation points.

I can see how you got the impression, CeNedra, that it might be possible to combine them to exceed the +25 cap. Ill edit the original so there will be no more confusion. I hope you didnt spend a huge amount of credits :(.

It now reads:
Experimentation Skill, for the purposes of determining Experimentation Points, in a Crafting Suit are capped at +25. The only way to get over +24 is with pre NGE SEAs. If you have more then 25 Experimentation Skill (from all SEAs) they will appear on your char sheet, but only the first 25 count towards determining Experimentation Points.

AtiInc
Apprentice Crafter
Posts: 67
Joined: Fri Sep 25, 2009 1:49 pm
Location: England

Re: Exp Points --- what ... ?

Post by AtiInc » Sun Mar 07, 2010 12:24 am

Savacc wrote:Hmmm, what I meant to convey, was that if you had more then +25 Experimentation Skill from SEAs (and the only way you could do that would be by using Pre NGE Skill Tapes, either alone or in combination with the current system for making SEAs) only the first +25 count towards determining Experimentation points.

I can see how you got the impression, CeNedra, that it might be possible to combine them to exceed the +25 cap. Ill edit the original so there will be no more confusion. I hope you didnt spend a huge amount of credits :(.

It now reads:
Experimentation Skill, for the purposes of determining Experimentation Points, in a Crafting Suit are capped at +25. The only way to get over +24 is with pre NGE SEAs. If you have more then 25 Experimentation Skill (from all SEAs) they will appear on your char sheet, but only the first 25 count towards determining Experimentation Points.
This, the only way to get the max if 14 experimentation on structures crafting is +25 from suit and the extra from the diner.
Image

User avatar
Savacc
Architect & Shipwright Forum Moderator
Posts: 1211
Joined: Mon Mar 26, 2007 9:45 pm
Location: Central Oregon

Re: Exp Points --- what ... ?

Post by Savacc » Sun Mar 07, 2010 3:48 am

AtiInc wrote:
This, the only way to get the max if 14 experimentation on structures crafting is +25 from suit and the extra from the diner.
Well the Diner is +6, so +24 would be enough (along with the 100 from skill and +10 from expertise). Just want people to know they dont NEED Pre NGE SEAs. You can get the 14 points using only SEAs made today.

Swedishoyster
Intermediate Crafter
Posts: 169
Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2009 8:06 am
Location: Stockholm, Sweden

Re: Exp Points --- what ... ?

Post by Swedishoyster » Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:56 am

Speaking of diners, do you still have to have a crafting station inside one or is that "built-in"?
The few diners I've seen on my server without entrance fee seems to lack structure crafting stations. Maybe they are just cleverly hidden...?
Sork Inc. Perdition, Dantooine
Hunterella, Architect/Armorsmith - Sorkella, Ranger/Riflewoman
Snufsan, Tailor/Chef/x - Healerella, Doctor
Bimborella, Swordswoman/Medic - Sniperella, Rifle/BE

Zimoon
Forum Moderator
Posts: 4817
Joined: Mon May 14, 2007 6:55 am
Location: Stockholm, SE
Contact:

Re: Exp Points --- what ... ?

Post by Zimoon » Wed Mar 10, 2010 1:17 pm

Swedishoyster wrote:Speaking of diners, do you still have to have a crafting station inside one or is that "built-in"?
The few diners I've seen on my server without entrance fee seems to lack structure crafting stations. Maybe they are just cleverly hidden...?
They are built in, check the buff icons under your name label the next visit.

AtiInc
Apprentice Crafter
Posts: 67
Joined: Fri Sep 25, 2009 1:49 pm
Location: England

Re: Exp Points --- what ... ?

Post by AtiInc » Wed Mar 10, 2010 7:00 pm

Zimoon wrote:
Swedishoyster wrote:Speaking of diners, do you still have to have a crafting station inside one or is that "built-in"?
The few diners I've seen on my server without entrance fee seems to lack structure crafting stations. Maybe they are just cleverly hidden...?
They are built in, check the buff icons under your name label the next visit.
This is true, I believe it is a built in 45.0 station too.
Image

Locked

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests