JnF's SWGCTool v2.0.2 - Official Thread

Ideas and discussions on third party tools and utilities

Moderator: Forum Moderator

agida
Apprentice Crafter

Re: JnF's SWGCTool v2.0.2 - Official Thread (UPDATED)

Post by agida » Sun Jan 10, 2010 7:20 pm

valeru wrote:thanks a lot agida.
I would give it a try for sure
:)
I've got this working on xp32 and office 2007. There are three buttons on the control page.
1. Create - where you can create a new schematic
2. Update - where you can update a schematic
3. Reset - In case things go haywire and you need to start again.

This version also has the Ignore Kashyyk and Mustafar resources too. These have to be checked before you run get the resources.

Don't guarantee anything with this - but I have gotten worked like I said only on xp 32 and office 2007. Haven't tried it on any other platforms. If you get the error for the withgensummary or something like that go to the wthsummary tab select a7 thru r200 and remove the borders and then run generate summary button on the page and things should work.

I had to put a version on my web site here is the URL http://www.swg-piloten.com/resource_management.zip

BTW I did not see the Starshine Surprise recipe. Of course I've not maintained any of the schematics except for those that I need.
Good Luck
Agida - Rebel Ace - Master Shipwright - Flurry
Shop near Nashal /wp 4636 4459
http://www.swg-piloten.com/html/agida_s ... _shop.html

Seldom_Bored
Novice Crafter

Post by Seldom_Bored » Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:56 am

I was wondering if anyone could in plain english (not programming lingo or advanced computer tech language) help me.

I'm running Windows XP and have Excel 2007. I have downloaded the file and placed the .dll into my Win32 folder. When I open the spreadsheet and click browse, I get the error that says, "Compile Error: Can't Find Project or Library".

I have read the first two pages of this several times, so don't tell me to go read it again. Any help is greatly appreciated as to how I can fix the error.

agida
Apprentice Crafter

Post by agida » Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:21 am

Seldom_Bored wrote:I was wondering if anyone could in plain english (not programming lingo or advanced computer tech language) help me.

I'm running Windows XP and have Excel 2007. I have downloaded the file and placed the .dll into my Win32 folder. When I open the spreadsheet and click browse, I get the error that says, "Compile Error: Can't Find Project or Library".

I have read the first two pages of this several times, so don't tell me to go read it again. Any help is greatly appreciated as to how I can fix the error.
What happens is that each computer has a set of objects (mini programs) that are used by the Excel VBA(Visual Basic for Applications). The person that wrote the VBA used a set of these programs. Well, you may not have any of the programs on your computer. Some of the routines(Macros or computer code) use these mini programs to execute certain functions and are not present on your computer.

I've put together a pdf to show you how to get to the tools->reference area of VBA where you can see what objects might be missing. In the last window you will see the object with (missing) next to it to show you what objects are missing.

Good luck

http://swg-piloten.com/DeveloperRibbon.pdf

Seldom_Bored
Novice Crafter

Post by Seldom_Bored » Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:30 am

agida wrote:
Seldom_Bored wrote:I was wondering if anyone could in plain english (not programming lingo or advanced computer tech language) help me.

What happens is that each computer has a set of objects (mini programs) that are used by the Excel VBA(Visual Basic for Applications). The person that wrote the VBA used a set of these programs. Well, you may not have any of the programs on your computer. Some of the routines(Macros or computer code) use these mini programs to execute certain functions and are not present on your computer.

I've put together a pdf to show you how to get to the tools->reference area of VBA where you can see what objects might be missing. In the last window you will see the object with (missing) next to it to show you what objects are missing.

Good luck

Thanks. I am at that page now that has the list of all of the libraries. You are saying that one of these should have a "(Missing)" tag somewhere in the name or at the end of it? I just looked through all of them and none of them have this tag.

agida
Apprentice Crafter

Post by agida » Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:01 pm

Seldom_Bored wrote:
agida wrote:

Good luck

Thanks. I am at that page now that has the list of all of the libraries. You are saying that one of these should have a "(Missing)" tag somewhere in the name or at the end of it? I just looked through all of them and none of them have this tag.

If you could do a screen shot of the reference table all the way to the bottom - may need several and send them to me I'll take a look also send your excel spreadsheet and I'll take a look at it tonight around 8:00est. to agida@swg-piloten.com

Seldom_Bored
Novice Crafter

Post by Seldom_Bored » Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:06 am

agida wrote:
If you could do a screen shot of the reference table all the way to the bottom - may need several and send them to me I'll take a look also send your excel spreadsheet and I'll take a look at it tonight around 8:00est. to agida@swg-piloten.com
I will try to do this when I get home at 5:00 pst. I hope that I can just copy/paste the screen shots into the mail, as I don't have a photobucket or anything like that.

Seldom_Bored
Novice Crafter

Re: JnF's SWGCTool v2.0.2 - Official Thread

Post by Seldom_Bored » Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:36 am

Just sent them to you. I wasn't able to change the size of the reference list, so I had to make a ton of screenshots.

Edit: For some reason I couldn't send both files in the same mail. Sent the one for the tool, but the one for the reference list is having trouble sending.

Edit-2: Both of them have been sent. I had to crop some of the references down though so that it could be sent.

agida
Apprentice Crafter

Post by agida » Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:49 am

Seldom_Bored wrote:Just sent them to you. I wasn't able to change the size of the reference list, so I had to make a ton of screenshots.

Edit: For some reason I couldn't send both files in the same mail. Sent the one for the tool, but the one for the reference list is having trouble sending.

Edit-2: Both of them have been sent. I had to crop some of the references down though so that it could be sent.
I opened your spreadsheet and the browse worked fine for me. So, there must be a missing library somewhere. Probably you do not have the VBA components installed for Excel or the VB6 runtime routines that are required. I'll send you my references and see whether all the ones i have are the ones you have.

HydroTek
Intermediate Crafter

Post by HydroTek » Wed Jan 13, 2010 3:14 pm

Hello, after reading this post, I thought I would throw in my 2 cents worth :)

I redownloaded the program and installed it, when I run it there is the error Warning:File Error: Data may have been lost.

The sheet seems to open fine after I dismiss the error box, but when I try to use the browse button on the setup sheet, I get the error: Compile Error: Cant find project or library.

Checking the VB references, I find that Ref Edit Control is labeled Missing, if I uncheck it the sheet seems to work fine :)
BTW: Active references are usually sorted to the top of the reference list, so you only need to look there ..no need to look at the whole list.

Vista 32
MS Office 2000
If it's stuck :x ...force it ...if it breaks, :shock: you needed a new one anyway :)
Characters(Legends): HydroTek, Ditty, and Talo ..give a shout if you see me in game

agida
Apprentice Crafter

Post by agida » Wed Jan 13, 2010 4:18 pm

HydroTek wrote:Hello, after reading this post, I thought I would throw in my 2 cents worth :)

I redownloaded the program and installed it, when I run it there is the error Warning:File Error: Data may have been lost.

The sheet seems to open fine after I dismiss the error box, but when I try to use the browse button on the setup sheet, I get the error: Compile Error: Cant find project or library.

Checking the VB references, I find that Ref Edit Control is labeled Missing, if I uncheck it the sheet seems to work fine :)
BTW: Active references are usually sorted to the top of the reference list, so you only need to look there ..no need to look at the whole list.

Vista 32
MS Office 2000
True on all accounts. The reason I was thinking about getting all references is to see if there were another object that might fulfill the same functionality. Just did a Google search and got this back:

In the VB editor, select Tools, References, and unclick the refedit control

In the VB editor, select Tools, References, and unclick the refedit control
reference. It is not needed. It is a bug in VBA that appeared about six
months ago with one of Microsoft's hot fixes as far as I can tell. It gets
introduced when one adds a refedit to a userform. Some installations can
handle it, some can not.

http://www.eggheadcafe.com/software/asp ... ntrol.aspx

Seldom_Bored
Novice Crafter

Post by Seldom_Bored » Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:46 am

Okay. Now I feel retarded. I went to open the tool tonight and when it gave me the error it pops up the Visual Basic software with the list of references. I had always just closed that out and then gone into the Tools->References tab on VB. Well when I got to looking at the box that pops up, I saw that one of the references had the "MISSING:" tag on one of them. So I unclicked it and now it is working.

New problem however. For some reason, I can't get the program to let me pick a profession for schematics. It just shows a blank drop down box with no selections. Any ideas?

Edit: Again, I feel retarded. I clicked the Configure Tool button and it allowed me to pick.

Zedd
Novice Crafter

Post by Zedd » Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:02 am

Is there any way to hide Mustafar Resources in the latest release?
-Zedd- Jedi
-ObblivioN- Munitions Trader
-Macabre- Domestics Trader

agida
Apprentice Crafter

Post by agida » Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:39 am

Zedd wrote:Is there any way to hide Mustafar Resources in the latest release?
see post below

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Thu Mar 04, 2010 12:35 pm

agida wrote:
see post below
Or above, depending on your default order for the forum 8)

agida
Apprentice Crafter

Post by agida » Thu Mar 04, 2010 2:33 pm

Zimoon wrote:
agida wrote:
see post below
Or above, depending on your default order for the forum 8)
LOL