About Shipwright suits

Ask & answer questions, submit ideas or post guides on the Shipwright Expertise.

Moderators: Savacc, Crafting Forum Moderators, Forum Moderator

Ship-Wreck
Novice Crafter

About Shipwright suits

Post by Ship-Wreck » Mon Dec 14, 2009 3:03 pm

Hello, Its been awhile since i played. And i was wandering how many suites i needed for shipwright i know its alot like 5 to 8 of em. And what kind of stats i need to put on em. ty in advance for the help.

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Re: About Shipwright suits

Post by Zimoon » Mon Dec 14, 2009 3:07 pm

I don't know anything about SW per se but wanted to say welcome back to game and welcome around here :D

/Zimoon

Ship-Wreck
Novice Crafter

Post by Ship-Wreck » Mon Dec 14, 2009 3:09 pm

Well i found the sticky for it on this site lol. And thx man i was thinkin about goin to ur server for a bit now lol.

everything u make can be at 100% now right. Not like the craftin station bein at 44.999992. Its now 45. :D

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Mon Dec 14, 2009 3:38 pm

I wish everything could be 100%, but at least quite a lot :P

GymQuirk
Novice Crafter

Post by GymQuirk » Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:43 pm

Ship-Wreck wrote:Hello, Its been awhile since i played. And i was wandering how many suites i needed for shipwright i know its alot like 5 to 8 of em. And what kind of stats i need to put on em. ty in advance for the help.
There are 7 applicable SW mods:
  • Advanced (component) Assembly: (Cargo Holds, Droid Interfaces, Weapon Capacitors)
    Boosters: (Guess)
    Chassis: (Also includes armor)
    Engines: (Guess)
    Power Systems: (Reactors)
    Shields: (Guess)
    Weapon Systems: (Projectile Weapons, Missile Weapons, Countermeasures)
So in theory, 7 suits ([foo] assembly / [foo] experimentation / Luck) would be in order.

However, some people say that Assembly isn't particularly useful, so consolidation down to 3 suits is another option: 3 + 3 + 1, or 3 + 3 + 2 if you want to toss in Structure Experimentation on one of the suits to help with harvesters and/or BM gear.

To get the 2 additional experimentation points, the values need to total at least 20, so 7 + 7 + 6 is the bare minimum. Since the power ratio on experimentation mod bits is 4, that means 2 +28s and a +24. Most just max out with 8 + 8 + 8 (using +32s) in the hope that an extra +6 experimentation will materialize somewhere like it did for structures/food.

Savacc
Architect & Shipwright Forum Moderator

Post by Savacc » Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:14 pm

I agree with everything GymQuirk just said. Just to reinforce a couple points, Im one of the people who say Assembly Skill is not needed for Shipwright Suits and I'd recommend you get +24 to Experimentation Skills. It's true +20 is all you can use right now, but who knows if a structure like the "Diner" will be added to the game one day. If you add Structure Experimentation for Architect Skills, absolutely get +24, since they do have the "Diner".

I talk about how to max your experimentation here

Ship-Wreck
Novice Crafter

Post by Ship-Wreck » Wed Dec 16, 2009 1:09 pm

Ok i was goin through the bazaar and foiund some mods with power conversion ratio with 3 & 4. I know 4 is prob the max and best. But was wanderin does 3 still give me the same result. Cause most mods bits only have 3 on bria server, very to find 4, so thinking about makin my own. :D

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Wed Dec 16, 2009 2:46 pm

Ship-Wreck wrote:Ok i was goin through the bazaar and foiund some mods with power conversion ratio with 3 & 4. I know 4 is prob the max and best. But was wanderin does 3 still give me the same result. Cause most mods bits only have 3 on bria server, very to find 4, so thinking about makin my own. :D
Just a clarification:
Conversion Ratio is a fixed value for a particular modifier type, it does not change. So if you did see 3 and 4 you did see different kinds of modifiers, for example "Booster Assembly" which has 3, versus "Booster Experimentation" which has 4. In other words, you will never find modifier bits for "Booster Experimentation" with any other value than 4. More on ground RE is read in Reverse Engineering 101 and since you rather is a customer there is a customers' guide in that forum too :)

What you want is Experimentation modifiers, most seasoned Shipwrights leave Assembly behind, I guess since a Master SW never face sever failures anyway --- waiting for Savacc to correct me /me-take-shelter

Having read the customers guide you'll see that you need modifier bits and power bits of the proper strength. From them you .... Now, remember that as a Structure Trader you cannot make any SEAs whatsoever, you must befriend nice and kind Tailor, Droid Engineer, and Armorsmith. Structure Traders, SW in particular, do space RE but not ground RE.

/Zimoon

Ship-Wreck
Novice Crafter

Post by Ship-Wreck » Wed Dec 16, 2009 3:07 pm

Thank very much for your reply Zimoon. Never knew about the conversion ratio, ive read that RE 101 before & must have over looked that part along time ago. Printed that out this morning at work along with the Ultimate 1. Before i took abreak about 6 months ago i was a armorsmith just making power bits for cash. So i never went back to SW, still Armoresmith. Also have 41 +35 bits in a bag when i was checking my stuff, I was very happy about that lol. Now when i get all my mods thinking about goin Tailor to make some new suits & the whatever u call em. :( .

Would it be a good idea to put luck on em along with em also, since assembly isnt.

Ship-Wreck. :wink:

Olgoat
Novice Crafter

Post by Olgoat » Wed Dec 16, 2009 3:08 pm

I would like to say something on suit builds. Now this is my personal preference and I'm in no way saying my way is the only way. I like building specific suits for specific tasks. For example, a Engine suit would have Engine Experimentation, Engine Assembly, and Luck. So my typical suit has:

Helm/Legs/Belt/Boots/Gloves/Bracers/Biceps each have +35 Luck
Chestplate and Weapon: +14 Luck in the core, +8 Experimentation, +11 Assembly, +35 Luck
Shirt: +8 Experimentation, +11 Assembly, +35 Luck

This totals to: Luck: 378
Assembly: 33
Experimentation: 24 (This is the most important factor for traders)

*Keep in mind that there are bandoliers, packs, and jewelry that can be added on to this as well.

The argument on adding in adding assembly being a little excessive is valid however, SOE has flipped the rules around in the past and it would not surprise me to find that in the future, assembly end up playing a bigger role than it currently does. For SW I know it is a pain as there are so many suits to create but I like not having to do re-work. But again, I definatly understand why people take assembly out of their line up, especially in SW.

Btw, welcome back to the game and good luck :D

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Wed Dec 16, 2009 6:10 pm

OK, I see, you are Munition, Sh. Then you just need some help from a DE and a Tailor to get one exotic from each of them. I think you can make the entire suit on your own then, armor bits all over, am I right?

Luck for the non-exotics, or not? It's a heated topic in some forums, I am one of those that think it helps. But I know that it is not statistically proven :P

Now remember not to waste your precious 35-ers on conversion ratios that is not an even multiple of 35, that is anything other than 5 and 7, and 1 of course :mrgreen:

And very welcome back, crafting in SWG, isn't it addictive? :D

/Zimoon

Dregs
Novice Crafter

Post by Dregs » Sun Jan 24, 2010 1:44 pm

I've recently started building my shipwright suit. Only missing the weapon ones (because I discovered SW is actually fun and decided against respeccing back to DE).

I included the assembly mods, because I'm well versed in the art of redundancy. Or preparation anyway. Maybe gambling is a more accurate term...

Anywhos, if you've played swg for any amount of time.... you know anything can happen. One day a particular skill can change nature. One day luck may no longer affect RE. One day all trader professions may be consolidated into one class. One day assembly mods for SW may work. I just like to be prepared, and when you can make your own bits and mods, why not?

(besides... I find it aesthetically displeasing when one of my traders don't have the full assembly/experiment mods on their erotics)

Savacc

Post by Savacc » Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:38 pm

Is the last word in your post a typo or pun? :roll:

I cant argue with your reasoning, since I ascribe to it as well. I advise people to get +24 on their suits, just in case. :wink: To me, the probability of them adding a building like the "Diner" is higher then suddenly making Assembly mean something in ship making. I could be wrong though (and frequently am :shock: )

I dont put Assembly on my suits. You may find it aesthetically and erotically pleasing to be constantly changing clothing to craft, but it irritates me, even though I only do it twice. :lol: :roll: :mrgreen:

Definitely get a Weapons Systems suit. I would rate that the most important one of the seven. I sell more missiles then anything else and it is because I can cap both the min and max damage on them.

StarCarfter
Novice Crafter

Post by StarCarfter » Thu Mar 04, 2010 5:43 pm

Hi Guys, I have just started crafting myself again after about 3 years out. I thought that I would pipe in and tell you what I have come up against. I have a Pre NGE part Ship Wright suit. With the belt, Gloves and boots giving me engine experimentation and with my expertise I have a total of 181 engine experimentation. That gives me a Total of 18 experimentation points for engines, However with the new SEAs I got myself a gun, chest peace and shirt done with more engine Experimentation in it. My new total is 205 but I still only have 18 experimentation points to spend. I thought that with every ten points I would get another experimentation point in the build process but it uprears this is not the case. I now wish I had spent my money on a shield suit as I will need this one.

PS, Did you know u cap out at 18 points? I didn't

Savacc

Post by Savacc » Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:32 pm

Yes I knew, and yes Engine Experimentation caps at 18 Experimentation Points.

I explain it all here

Engines, Weapons and Boosters cap at 18 points, everything else caps at 13 (in Shipwright).

Yes you would have been better advised to purchase a suit for a different skill. There are some shipies who claim that the extra Experimentation Skill (over 180) does help them get more "amazing successes" while experimenting. I am not convinced, and side with those who say no to that, but I have no real proof either way.

Welcome to our forums StarCrafter (Im surprised "StarCrafter" would be available as a username :shock: ), I hate to say it, but you should have started posting sooner. :wink: