I Need Help Using Resource Guards

Ideas and discussions on third party tools and utilities

Moderator: Forum Moderator

Actocross
Novice Crafter

I Need Help Using Resource Guards

Post by Actocross » Tue Sep 01, 2009 1:16 am

Can anyone post or send me a link with instructions on how to fill out the "Resource Guards" on the SWGCraft website?

Thanks!

-Actocross

NaeBliss
Apprentice Crafter

Re: I Need Help Using Resource Guards

Post by NaeBliss » Tue Sep 01, 2009 2:23 pm

hi m8 . i tried it yesterday at work:

i added a guard via the add guard button, and picked agranium aluminium ( or something like that) :-)
When i was at home and logged in after the nightshift i noticed a little red bar on top of web page that said guard has found etc etc.

so i guess that is how it works.

greetz

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Wed Sep 02, 2009 6:16 am

Can just fill in that in the left-most column at the main page, under "My Pages", you find the button "My Guards (Beta)", and in you must go, darkness there is.

The same features are found in SWGAide 8)

/Zimoon

Actocross
Novice Crafter

Post by Actocross » Wed Sep 02, 2009 8:12 am

What I meant to ask is "what does each box mean?". I understand how to get to the Guards, I just dunno waht everything means.

Specifically,

NAME: - this is a no brainer, i get it.

RESOURCE - again, easy to understand.

SERVER - yep, i hear ya, no confusion.

TRESHOLD - here is where i get fuzzy. Should this be "THRESHOLD"? And what does it mean if enter a value here? How I 'THINK" it works is... let's say i enter 800 in this cel, and I enter 100 in OQ, does that mean i will get a message when my selected resource is entered with an OQ of at least 800? How about if I put 50 in OQ, and 50 in SH? Will that mean i'll get results for resources with an average quality of 800 between the 2 stats?

CALC NO-STAT - this is just a checkbox, but i have no clue what it effects.

The rest of the form is as you know, stat boxes.(except for the last) Am I right in assuming that percentages are meant to be entered in them?

Thanks for your help!
-Actocross

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Wed Sep 02, 2009 2:25 pm

Threshold is misspelled and I believe it is fixed as soon as our awesome Devs here reads this thread.

The rest is actually better explained when you read the Beginners Guide for Traders in the General Crafting forum. That also explains the calc-no-stat question and is something you must learn anyway to become a good crafter.

Basically though:
Threshold is explained in the text next to the check-box, so I guess you do not understand the term "weighed", which is not the opposite to basic filters but certainly not the same. And it is explained in detailed in the guide.

Weighed: Assume a schematic that calls for Copper with CD=50 and OQ=50. For each spawning copper, take the values for CD and OQ such as this: 789*0.5 + 987*0.5 = 394.5 + 493.5 = 888.0 which is the weight for that resource. If you had the threshold at 900 it will not pass the filter. I believe this site also compensates for possible caps for the selected resource class.

Had you rather left the threshold at 0 and set 750 for CD and OQ the assumed resource would have triggered. I do not know if you can use values so that their sum is not 100% if you use threshold. I known how SWGAide works but this is about the site and I am not coding here :D

Calc-no-stat, see the guide. It is just silly of me to repeat what it says 8)

/Zimoon

PS: Welcome around, sorry I didn't welcome you in my first reply :oops: