Resource sampling macro

Discuss any general aspect of crafting in this forum.

Moderators: Crafting Forum Moderators, Forum Moderator

fridge33sam
Intermediate Crafter

Re: Resource sampling macro

Post by fridge33sam » Wed Jul 15, 2009 4:32 pm

Zimoon wrote:
...I don't recall if this works with a droid...
It does :)

/Zimoon

see, the Padawan is strong with the Force... Soon, I will be a Master... :roll:
Iron Chef Slakkarr CEO, Fishboi Industries

Guild Joker Nagurra CFO, Wookhunter Enterprises

All Vendors located in Ft Revolt, 800 Meters from the Rebel Outpost on Rori, Flurry Server.

Memnoc
Intermediate Crafter

Post by Memnoc » Thu Jul 16, 2009 6:55 pm

fridge33sam wrote:
Memnoc wrote:I spend alot of time there afk sampling on musty. I'm trying to figure out a problem with my charcter he will bounce away from the resource spawn and end up 200m away after a few hours. I've changed the stand too kneel but i get a text spam 'you are already samping' I've tried prone but the charcter ends 100m - 200m away from spawn. I have the extra sample skill and cut the timer too burn the action too sample fast or as fast as the timer and action will allow. But I don't want to end up 200m after a few hours.

/sample;
/pause 10;
/stand;
/ui action defaultButton;
/pause 5;
The easiest fix is mentioned earlier in this thread: Get a pet, tell them to stay, and do a /follow on your pet. I don't recall if this works with a droid, and i'm too lazy to re-read it all my self. :mrgreen:

You can also butt yourself up against an impassable object, rock, structure, etc.
Yeah I'll have to give it a go and try sample macro with either a pet/droid. Because I was bouncing away from spawn after three hours like a pogo stick I tried running the macro beside a rock figuring it would stop my character from springing away...it didn't. maybe I'll just run the normal sampling macro ..will see what happens.

fridge33sam
Intermediate Crafter

Post by fridge33sam » Thu Jul 16, 2009 7:06 pm

it will work with the pet/droid. Just remember to tell the pet/droid to 'stay' or he will follow you as you move around. :roll:

All Vendors located in Ft Revolt, 800 Meters from the Rebel Outpost on Rori, Flurry Server.

Memnoc
Intermediate Crafter

Post by Memnoc » Mon Jul 27, 2009 10:49 pm

fridge33sam wrote:it will work with the pet/droid. Just remember to tell the pet/droid to 'stay' or he will follow you as you move around. :roll:

What kind of droid can you use. I've been grinding a pet its level 16 atm. How do you train the pet too sample resources or the droid or are they two different things .

fridge33sam
Intermediate Crafter

Post by fridge33sam » Tue Jul 28, 2009 11:32 am

Memnoc wrote:
fridge33sam wrote:it will work with the pet/droid. Just remember to tell the pet/droid to 'stay' or he will follow you as you move around. :roll:

What kind of droid can you use. I've been grinding a pet its level 16 atm. How do you train the pet too sample resources or the droid or are they two different things .
Any pet will do for this collection, at any level, I think mine is currently level 13. Don't confuse the TrufflePig and the sampling buff ability that any pet can use. (I'm refering to the latter) It can take some time, make sure that you have your luck up when going to to do this one, I found that this helped. Essentially, have your pet out with you while you are sampling, every now and again you will get a message with an option to have your pet attempt to gather the resource. He/she has to do that 20 times, then you will get the ability to teach him the harvesting buff. This buff increases your sampling pull by 50%. I put this on a looping macro to keep it active.

As for the droid, I use a battle droid. This helps with a little protection while I'm afk. I have a droideka that I haven't tried using, but I'm sure it would work as well. One night I was atk grinding so I pulled out my crafting droid and was able to grind out some food while I was sampling as well, lol.

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Tue Jul 28, 2009 7:25 pm

Short comments, the pet or droid is, in my original example, called out to stay tight at one location from which you will not wander away from too far. In other words, it is an anchor.

The pet does not sample, it buffs you for 15 minutes to gather 50% more while sampling. Thus the line in the macro to hit the buff button on the pet's toolbar.

/Zimoon

JediScout
Novice Crafter

Post by JediScout » Wed Aug 05, 2009 4:41 am

I am trying to do this with a droid but it only seems to actually follow when the cursor is over the droid (it has both the blue and green brackets). My command, "/follow Axel;" will basicaly follow anything target, not just the droid named Axel.

Any ideas?

/pause 1;
/sample;
/pause 15;
/stand;
/pause 2;
/ui action defaultButton;
/pause 8;
/follow Axel;
/pause 4;
/stopfollow;
/m Sample

Tech Twin
Intermediate Crafter

Post by Tech Twin » Wed Aug 05, 2009 3:48 pm

aren't droid names in parenthesis or brackets (can't rememeber which). The name on the follow command has to be identical to the name as it appears on the droid, including the parenthesis.

That should fix it right up for you.

/follow (Axel);

The Namasoon Zoo as featured on Garva's "Home Show"; Nostalgia from SWG of Old!

JediScout
Novice Crafter

Post by JediScout » Wed Aug 05, 2009 9:29 pm

Tech Twin wrote:aren't droid names in parenthesis or brackets (can't rememeber which). The name on the follow command has to be identical to the name as it appears on the droid, including the parenthesis.

That should fix it right up for you.

/follow (Axel);
Thanks, I'll try that and yes, they are in ()s.

thegreywolfe
Advanced Crafter

Post by thegreywolfe » Sat Aug 08, 2009 5:39 pm

You can also add a target Axel and a 1 second pause after it before you do the follow command.

Tech Twin
Intermediate Crafter

Post by Tech Twin » Sat Aug 08, 2009 6:49 pm

thegreywolfe wrote:You can also add a target Axel and a 1 second pause after it before you do the follow command.

you can... but it doesn't serve any purpose. /follow is enough.

The Namasoon Zoo as featured on Garva's "Home Show"; Nostalgia from SWG of Old!

JediScout
Novice Crafter

Post by JediScout » Sat Aug 08, 2009 10:58 pm

Using ( and )s has solved the problem. Thanks. :mrgreen:

thegreywolfe
Advanced Crafter

Post by thegreywolfe » Sun Aug 09, 2009 5:42 am

Tech Twin wrote:
thegreywolfe wrote:You can also add a target Axel and a 1 second pause after it before you do the follow command.

you can... but it doesn't serve any purpose. /follow is enough.
excellent, i'll have to put it to use myself, just got back from 6 months away

passionfly1
Apprentice Crafter

Post by passionfly1 » Thu Aug 13, 2009 1:17 pm

could you tell me if the OP's macro would apply to the new mining droids?

I just made my first droid since update 12 and its a mining droid to help me hand sample musty stuff but it only came out 53 hand sample power since the musty copper is so horrendous on Flurry atm. All 6 of my hand sample modules for this droid came out 8's at 87% =(

I don't think when you sample with mining droids you need to follow them since they just give u bonus to your sampling buff so I'm not sure how that goes. Do you need to follow mining droids? I'm not sure.

Anywho, once the servers are up I'm gonna try this sampling macro as I was dying to find one on the SOE forums and couldn't but my fav swgcraft forums never fail me! *hug*

fridge33sam
Intermediate Crafter

Post by fridge33sam » Thu Aug 13, 2009 1:23 pm

passionfly1 wrote:could you tell me if the OP's macro would apply to the new mining droids?

I just made my first droid since update 12 and its a mining droid to help me hand sample musty stuff but it only came out 53 hand sample power since the musty copper is so horrendous on Flurry atm. All 6 of my hand sample modules for this droid came out 8's at 87% =(

I don't think when you sample with mining droids you need to follow them since they just give u bonus to your sampling buff so I'm not sure how that goes. Do you need to follow mining droids? I'm not sure.

Anywho, once the servers are up I'm gonna try this sampling macro as I was dying to find one on the SOE forums and couldn't but my fav swgcraft forums never fail me! *hug*
I haven't used a droid yet, but if it's as you suggest and the ability is triggered just by being out then you wouldn't need to follow him. the follow feature is meant only to keep your trader from drifting. So, if I'm reading you right, there are two separate things going on and they are independant of each other.