DPS problems

Ask & answer questions, submit ideas or post guides on the Weaponsmith Expertise.

Moderators: Crafting Forum Moderators, Forum Moderator

lopside
Novice Crafter
Posts: 1
Joined: Sun Jun 07, 2009 3:31 pm

DPS problems

Post by lopside » Sun Jun 07, 2009 3:43 pm

Hello i'm very new to crafting and to this forum but my question is why when i make say a rifle the end outcome is dps under 1100 infact the highest i have got is 1098, but the damage is high like 1300+?
i thought it was the resources so i got the best i can find,i get amazings a lot of the time my luck is 1000+ and i use weapon assembly suit, can somebody help me understand at what point i may be getting it wrong or maybe point me in the right direction in how to make weapons tyvm in advance :)

MoonDragn
Apprentice Crafter
Posts: 71
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 1:07 am

Re: DPS problems

Post by MoonDragn » Fri Jun 12, 2009 2:21 pm

What % does it come out after experimentation?

User avatar
Monty Burns
Master Crafter
Posts: 549
Joined: Sat Mar 08, 2008 9:26 am
Location: New Zealand

Re: DPS problems

Post by Monty Burns » Sat Jun 13, 2009 9:45 am

Actually my WS has very similar problems, I have looked at the server best results but no matter what I try I always finish about 30-50dps off it.

The problem appears to be in the max damage stat but I cant figure out why as I am getting 29% initial combines.

MoonDragn
Apprentice Crafter
Posts: 71
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 1:07 am

Re: DPS problems

Post by MoonDragn » Tue Jun 16, 2009 3:01 pm

How many points of experimentation are you guys putting into Min and Max dmg?

stravos
Novice Crafter
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Apr 13, 2009 4:50 pm
Location: Ontario, Canada
Contact:

Re: DPS problems

Post by stravos » Sat Jun 20, 2009 12:36 pm

if you have the proper gear etc. then then it has to come down to the resources. i have the same problem as well.

It taken me months to collect resources, and it only takes one crappy resource to ruin the soup

redwhitenblue
Apprentice Crafter
Posts: 88
Joined: Fri Nov 21, 2008 1:57 am

Re: DPS problems

Post by redwhitenblue » Mon Jun 22, 2009 6:31 am

If they're getting 29% after assembly then the resources they're using are capped correct?

Could the number of amazing successes versus great successes make a difference? A strange thing I've noticed when making crafting stations is if I get too many amazings it doesn't 'reset' an experimentation box and I run out of boxes without capping it and having two experiment points left over instead of my normal one point when I cap it.
Akhor Slaga, Architect; Akihawa Aceric, Chef
Catalina Market, Rori, Flurry
1548, 75, -5884

Zimoon
Forum Moderator
Posts: 4817
Joined: Mon May 14, 2007 6:55 am
Location: Stockholm, SE
Contact:

Re: DPS problems

Post by Zimoon » Mon Jun 22, 2009 6:48 am

It may very well be the order you get the amazings/greats, I am not certain but speculating.

First you get an initial result, with some fractions. Per experimentation roll and per each box used: amazing adds 8.05 while each great adds 7.0 to the interim result. Then, it is possible that the fractions make it vs. almost make it for another DPS while the line cannot be further experimented on.

Assuming this is the case we could discuss whether it should be possible for another roll on that line if it is not capped but miss out with some tiny fraction. In any way it looks like an anomaly to me, does it not? Still assuming though 8)

/Zimoon

MoonDragn
Apprentice Crafter
Posts: 71
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 1:07 am

Re: DPS problems

Post by MoonDragn » Mon Jun 22, 2009 3:25 pm

Well with DPS on weapons, both the Min AND Max lines contribute to the DPS. Since you only have at most 13 experimentation points, theres no way you can max out both lines. If you're not getting 100% max/ 77% min, your weapon was not capped. These only happen on weapons with a lot of amazings and capped resources.

MoonDragn
Apprentice Crafter
Posts: 71
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 1:07 am

Re: DPS problems

Post by MoonDragn » Tue Jul 07, 2009 6:32 pm

redwhitenblue wrote:If they're getting 29% after assembly then the resources they're using are capped correct?

Could the number of amazing successes versus great successes make a difference? A strange thing I've noticed when making crafting stations is if I get too many amazings it doesn't 'reset' an experimentation box and I run out of boxes without capping it and having two experiment points left over instead of my normal one point when I cap it.
No, with weapons, the quality of the core and the other subcomponents matter. So if they were not capped, then it would not matter if you were at 29% you still won't cap the weapon.

User avatar
Monty Burns
Master Crafter
Posts: 549
Joined: Sat Mar 08, 2008 9:26 am
Location: New Zealand

Re: DPS problems

Post by Monty Burns » Thu Jul 09, 2009 6:38 am

MoonDragn wrote:Well with DPS on weapons, both the Min AND Max lines contribute to the DPS. Since you only have at most 13 experimentation points, theres no way you can max out both lines. If you're not getting 100% max/ 77% min, your weapon was not capped. These only happen on weapons with a lot of amazings and capped resources.
This is the problem I am getting 100% max but only 60% min with 13 exp points.

MoonDragn
Apprentice Crafter
Posts: 71
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 1:07 am

Re: DPS problems

Post by MoonDragn » Fri Jul 10, 2009 7:25 pm

Monty Burns wrote:
MoonDragn wrote:Well with DPS on weapons, both the Min AND Max lines contribute to the DPS. Since you only have at most 13 experimentation points, theres no way you can max out both lines. If you're not getting 100% max/ 77% min, your weapon was not capped. These only happen on weapons with a lot of amazings and capped resources.
This is the problem I am getting 100% max but only 60% min with 13 exp points.
Well the only way you can achieve higher than your results is to spend ALL of your experimentation on Max all at once on the first click. You have to get an Amazing there, then you can spend 1 point on putting it to 100. Next you have to spend the rest of those points (I believe 4 left) on min and hope for an Amazing there as well. Only then will you get 100/77 that everyone talks about.

User avatar
Monty Burns
Master Crafter
Posts: 549
Joined: Sat Mar 08, 2008 9:26 am
Location: New Zealand

Re: DPS problems

Post by Monty Burns » Sat Jul 11, 2009 12:24 am

MoonDragn wrote:
Monty Burns wrote:
MoonDragn wrote:Well with DPS on weapons, both the Min AND Max lines contribute to the DPS. Since you only have at most 13 experimentation points, theres no way you can max out both lines. If you're not getting 100% max/ 77% min, your weapon was not capped. These only happen on weapons with a lot of amazings and capped resources.
This is the problem I am getting 100% max but only 60% min with 13 exp points.
Well the only way you can achieve higher than your results is to spend ALL of your experimentation on Max all at once on the first click. You have to get an Amazing there, then you can spend 1 point on putting it to 100. Next you have to spend the rest of those points (I believe 4 left) on min and hope for an Amazing there as well. Only then will you get 100/77 that everyone talks about.
I have had 4 points in Minimum but it makes no difference, I have put my WS on hold for the time being while I try and find some better quality Green Diamond Gemstone as I think that is causing part of my problem but that is the only resource I have that does not give me 96.2% or greater.

The other thing is that in testing I am not hitting 100% Max either I am getting 99% every time so my assumption is that the Gemstone is pulling me down just enough to be a problem over all while still giving me 29% in its component.

However the Bazaar is completely devoid of decent Gemstones currently so I am getting no where fast.

MoonDragn
Apprentice Crafter
Posts: 71
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 1:07 am

Re: DPS problems

Post by MoonDragn » Mon Jul 13, 2009 1:03 pm

I bet thats exactly what it is. At least you are a lot closer than I am. I have the same problem with the green diamond, the best I could get isn't anywhere close to 900+ much less 960+

Right now I'm coming up 28% on the final stage and my weapon is about 62 pts away from the cap when I get triple amazing. Do you know if the elemental chamber contributes to the main DPS or does it only affect the elemental dmg?

fridge33sam
Intermediate Crafter
Posts: 185
Joined: Sat Apr 18, 2009 1:39 am
Location: Texas, USA

Re: DPS problems

Post by fridge33sam » Mon Jul 13, 2009 1:18 pm

I needed a tiny amount of Green diamond a while back when I transferred to Flurry for a NS Beret, the only vendor that had any on the server was selling it for something ridiculous that I don't recall at the moment. I put up a post on the Server Trading Forum and was able to get some for something close to 10 cpu.

You might give that a try, especially with the server transfers, maybe not all of its been put up for sale.
Iron Chef Slakkarr CEO, Fishboi Industries

Guild Joker Nagurra CFO, Wookhunter Enterprises

All Vendors located in Ft Revolt, 800 Meters from the Rebel Outpost on Rori, Flurry Server.

MoonDragn
Apprentice Crafter
Posts: 71
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 1:07 am

Re: DPS problems

Post by MoonDragn » Mon Jul 13, 2009 2:01 pm

LOL 10 cpu, stuff on this server are selling for 100 cpu..

Locked

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests