handsampling macro for mustafar

Ask & answer questions, submit ideas or post guides on the Shipwright Expertise.

Moderators: Savacc, Crafting Forum Moderators, Forum Moderator

scepe
Novice Crafter

handsampling macro for mustafar

Post by scepe » Wed May 13, 2009 6:44 pm

can amyone give me a good macro for handsampling for mustafar, that gets around the wandering away from where you start issue.
And when using the macro how does it get around the pop up window that says that a high quality resouce has been found as this stops the sampling
Any shipwright information greatly appreciated as its a big galaxy out there
Also looking for droid engineer, other shipwrights and any other uk players on the bria server

fridge33sam
Intermediate Crafter

Re: handsampling macro for mustafar

Post by fridge33sam » Wed May 13, 2009 6:54 pm

scepe wrote:can amyone give me a good macro for handsampling for mustafar, that gets around the wandering away from where you start issue.
And when using the macro how does it get around the pop up window that says that a high quality resouce has been found as this stops the sampling
Unfortunately, if you are a Mon Cal (like my chef) there isn't a way around the wondering off target that I know of. I have heard that you can place a droid some distance off and do a /follow on the droid. Since he isn't moving, you won't either, but I haven't been able to confirm that.

The popup window doesn't stop the sampling, at least on mine it doesn't. I'm at work atm, and when I get home later I will post what I have been using, unless someone else beats me to it.

/slakkar
Iron Chef Slakkarr CEO, Fishboi Industries

Guild Joker Nagurra CFO, Wookhunter Enterprises

All Vendors located in Ft Revolt, 800 Meters from the Rebel Outpost on Rori, Flurry Server.

Reeth
I came here on the bandwagon

Post by Reeth » Wed May 13, 2009 7:03 pm

As usual, Zimoon has the answer... :D

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Wed May 13, 2009 7:13 pm

Reposted an older post as its own thread at http://www.swgcraft.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1736

Contains the macro with explanations.

/Zimoon

Tech Twin
Intermediate Crafter

Post by Tech Twin » Wed May 13, 2009 10:25 pm

in addition to the macro, I use this alias. The alias, pulls my pet, issues the stay command, and executes the sample macro with a single / command.

Code: Select all

stumps: /ui action toolbarPane00;/pause .5;/ui action toolbarSlot11;/pause .5;/ui action petToolbarSlot2;/pause 2;/target Stumps;/pause .5;/macro sampleS;
Now, I just type /stumps (the name of my sampling pet) and I'm all set to go! Just remember to survey first! lol.

The Namasoon Zoo as featured on Garva's "Home Show"; Nostalgia from SWG of Old!

fridge33sam
Intermediate Crafter

Post by fridge33sam » Thu May 14, 2009 12:57 pm

Tech Twin wrote:in addition to the macro, I use this alias. The alias, pulls my pet, issues the stay command, and executes the sample macro with a single / command.

Code: Select all

stumps: /ui action toolbarPane00;/pause .5;/ui action toolbarSlot11;/pause .5;/ui action petToolbarSlot2;/pause 2;/target Stumps;/pause .5;/macro sampleS;
Now, I just type /stumps (the name of my sampling pet) and I'm all set to go! Just remember to survey first! lol.
What's an alias? I've seen it around a few times today, but never heard of it in game. Is it like a hotkey?
<---Noob

All Vendors located in Ft Revolt, 800 Meters from the Rebel Outpost on Rori, Flurry Server.

Tech Twin
Intermediate Crafter

Post by Tech Twin » Thu May 14, 2009 1:52 pm

An alias is the abilty to create your own personal / command. By using the syntax:

/alias name: /dance;/pause 3;/say lets get funky;

You will create a command that allow makes your toon dance and then speak after a 3 second pause. To execute this command you simply type:

/name

You can make the "name" any single word phrase but it is best to not use other known / commands as that will cause anomolies.

An alias made in this way will save to the games default aliases.txt (i think its called), similar to the ingame notepad.

However, you can create custome named .txt files which contain aliases. I use a file called mycom.txt for all my custom aliases. To get access to a custom file you must load it using the command:

/load mycom.txt

This loads the .txt file with the alias not on the default aliases.txt file.

You can hotkey alias commands by then creating a macro with the simple "/name" and assign the macro a hotkey.

I can't find any good tutorials on aliases so perhaps I'll spend some time and develop one. In the meantime, this swg.wikia link can give you a little more info.

The Namasoon Zoo as featured on Garva's "Home Show"; Nostalgia from SWG of Old!

fridge33sam
Intermediate Crafter

Post by fridge33sam » Thu May 14, 2009 2:27 pm

AWESOME! Thanks for the great explanation.

/sigh
too much to learn...