Duroafoawofeian Mustafarian Steel on Bloodfin

Discuss any general aspect of crafting in this forum.

Moderators: Crafting Forum Moderators, Forum Moderator

Akshaag
Novice Crafter

Duroafoawofeian Mustafarian Steel on Bloodfin

Post by Akshaag » Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:09 pm

Hi Traders,

If you are playing on Bloodfin server, could you verify this resource :

Duroafoawofeian, Mustafarian Steel (Tyrungal)
ER CR CD DR FL HR MA PE OQ SR UT
- 764 632 955 - 951 580 - 843 953 992
- 95.5% 97.2% 95.5% - 95.1% :?: 145% :?: - 84.3% 95.3% 99.2%

Thank you.

Savacc
Architect & Shipwright Forum Moderator

Re: Duroafoawofeian Mustafarian Steel on Bloodfin

Post by Savacc » Thu Apr 30, 2009 6:01 pm

The cap for "Steel" as a category of resources for MA is 400. The JTL and Mustafar resources have always been able to exceed this cap (JTL and Mustafar resources were added after the others and caps were established).

What happens when a JTL or Mustafar resource exceeds the cap for their "parent category" is that the stat for the resource is treated as if it were at the cap for that resource. Your crafting tool never, ever, factors a value over 100%, anytime it encounters a value over 100% it reduces that value down to 100%.

I thought we had corrected this a year or more ago when we show the "Stat Percentages" on the current resources page for JTL and Mustafar resources. Obviously this is one that got by us. I expect Sobuno to be by any minute and correct this for us. :D

Just to reiterate so everyone understands, the MA for this steel should have been listed as being 100%, not 145%, because your crafting tool will only treat it as being 100% when you use it in a schematic calling for "Steel". It is our mistake, here at SWGCraft and we will fix it.

Sobuno
Developer

Post by Sobuno » Thu Apr 30, 2009 6:12 pm

The percentages listed there are based on the caps of the category Mustafarian Steel, not the parent category. It seems both our internal cap list and Zimoon's resource tree has a wrong upper cap set for MA on this, or that the resource in question has been entered with a wrong stat.

I would almost bet that the resource has had MA entered incorrect.

Savacc

Post by Savacc » Thu Apr 30, 2009 6:49 pm

Oops :oops: yes that is the other possibility, that the MA listed is simply incorrect.

What is the cap for MA on Mustafarian Steel? I use Lunariels Guide as my reference which doenst include Mustafar Resources.

Mustafar resources are never called for by name in any schematic right? So the only way to use Mustafar resources is in places where the "Parent Category", in this case "steel", is called for, or in even broader categorys, such as "metal" or "mineral". In those cases, the caps for "steel", "metal" or "mineral" would apply, not the caps for the Mustafarian Resources? I was trying to find where we had this discussion months ago and what was decided on how to list the "stat percentages" of JTL and Mustfar resources. My memory, and I am sure how I would have argued, is that we use the "Parent Category" caps, because that is how they are used while crafting.

Sobuno
Developer

Post by Sobuno » Thu Apr 30, 2009 6:58 pm

I don't remember having that discussion at all :P

The cap is set to 400 I think, should be visible in the Resource Info part of the site

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:09 pm

Sobuno wrote:The percentages listed there are based on the caps of the category Mustafarian Steel, not the parent category. It seems both our internal cap list and Zimoon's resource tree has a wrong upper cap set for MA on this, or that the resource in question has been entered with a wrong stat.

Hmm, in what way is resourcetree2.xml wrong? Steel is capped at ma_max="400" and have been so forever. Hmm, it must be the Mustafarian Steel then, I will look into that.

/Zimoon

Savacc

Post by Savacc » Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:12 pm

It was after a JTL resource recorded a value over 100%, very similar to this thread.

Sobuno
Developer

Post by Sobuno » Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:17 pm

Zimoon wrote:
Sobuno wrote:The percentages listed there are based on the caps of the category Mustafarian Steel, not the parent category. It seems both our internal cap list and Zimoon's resource tree has a wrong upper cap set for MA on this, or that the resource in question has been entered with a wrong stat.

Hmm, in what way is resourcetree2.xml wrong? Steel is capped at ma_max="400" and have been so forever. Hmm, it must be the Mustafarian Steel then, I will look into that.

/Zimoon
No no, don't look into anything untill we get verification that the resource is indeed entered correctly.

Besides, our caps were imported from your file a long time ago, so if yours is in error, so is ours

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:20 pm

A quick look at several galaxies shows that just one or two Mustafarian Steel on just some of the galaxies ever show MA above 400. If the cap was 1000 60% of the entries would be above 400. My previous research shows that 400 is the true cap for Musty Steel, any such steel with MA above 400 is in error and should be reviewed and corrected.

To OP: Sorry, I do not play at Bloodfin. I suggest you check out the contributors for Bloodfin, if any of them are a regular submitter of massive submissions chances are high that s/he uses a 30k resource "device" to read the stats. Then s/he can read the true stat for the offending steel for you.

Or better, use your own 30k resource "device" and read the stats. That device is an awesome help for being part of updating this site's database :)

/Zimoon

Sobuno
Developer

Post by Sobuno » Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:27 pm

14 Mustafarian Steel listed with MA above 400, 755 listed with MA below or equal to 400.

I think we can rule it out as an error.

Savacc, the closest thing I can find is this: http://www.swgcraft.co.uk/forums/viewto ... tage#p2662

Savacc

Post by Savacc » Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:49 pm

Yes, that must be what I am remembering. That was a while ago, we (I) know more about how the caps work now then back then.

Looking quickly at the resourcetree2 file Z has, it looks like all of the Mustafar Resources are in line with their "Parent Caps", though I might have missed something. The JTL Resources, however are not. My question now, Sobuno, is: if a JTL steel has a CD of 700, on the "Stat Percentage" line in "Current Resources", is it gong to be listed as 100% or 70%. 100% would reflect the "Parent Cap" for CD of Steel and be the percentage the crafting tool will assign this steel if it is used. 70% will be the "actual" percentage of the "cap" for a JTL steel, but not how it will be used in crafting.

Sobuno
Developer

Post by Sobuno » Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:06 pm

Savacc wrote:Yes, that must be what I am remembering. That was a while ago, we (I) know more about how the caps work now then back then.

Looking quickly at the resourcetree2 file Z has, it looks like all of the Mustafar Resources are in line with their "Parent Caps", though I might have missed something. The JTL Resources, however are not. My question now, Sobuno, is: if a JTL steel has a CD of 700, on the "Stat Percentage" line in "Current Resources", is it gong to be listed as 100% or 70%. 100% would reflect the "Parent Cap" for CD of Steel and be the percentage the crafting tool will assign this steel if it is used. 70% will be the "actual" percentage of the "cap" for a JTL steel, but not how it will be used in crafting.
It would be listed as 70%. I don't want to treat the JTL resources special here (i.e. base the percentage on the parent cap), what if the devs one day decided to add schematics requiring the use of JTL resources? I think it would just confuse people that some resources (JTL resources) are basing percentages on parent caps whereas other resources base it on their own caps.

Besides, when searching for the parent class on the Find Resources page, they are calculated according to the parent cap (Which, as you mentioned, is how the crafting system does)

Savacc

Post by Savacc » Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:47 pm

The only schematics that call for a JTL steel are the Armor Reinforcement Panels in Shipwright, but CD is not one of the Experimental Properties. However, every Shipwright will tell you they use a lot of JTL steel in places where just steel is called for and CD is an experimental property.

I can see your point though that one day a schematic may call for a JTL steel with CD and there could be some confusion then.

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:09 pm

Yes, but then the schematics are calling for that particular steel and the parental caps are irrelevant, are they not? :)

/Zimoon