Bio Component

Ask & answer questions, submit ideas or post guides on the Chef Expertise.

Moderators: Onyx, Crafting Forum Moderators, Forum Moderator

quantanao
Novice Crafter

Re: Bio Component

Post by quantanao » Tue Jan 08, 2008 12:48 pm

As far as i can tell now the economy on Farstar seems to be pretty fubar'd too but maybe not that much as on Starsider or Bria hehe :P

But ok i think it is what happens when so many people leave and pass on the money to someone else.

Sun-Tzu
Novice Crafter

Post by Sun-Tzu » Tue Jan 08, 2008 2:53 pm

quantanao wrote:
Holden wrote:
quantanao wrote:In my opinion the 30k resource deed is not worth to use it for milk. As for Farstar the price for it is about 30mil. Doing the math:
(...)
Ergo: Just the milk would make 250.000,00 credits of the price for just one crate fizz pudding.
Depends on your server. On Starsider, 30k resource kits are also 30mil, but fizz sells for a few mil per crate. 120 crates = around 360 million credits, and that's with a fairly low price of 3mil per crate. 5-7mil per crate isn't unusual, especially for top of the line stuff.
Holy Crap :shock:

I'm selling it for 400k a crate i think i have to re-calculate my prices
Me too!

Some of the older items like Turrets, Sunriders, NSEL's are all various prices on the servers but the new stuff like gaffi schems are all relatively similiar...I am teampted to jack up my prices just so I can make a bit more of a living...nothing major...100k a crate across the board I think....

wrackspurt
Advanced Crafter

Post by wrackspurt » Sat Feb 09, 2008 9:20 pm

Farstar is seriously expensive for some items. Most people blame it on people selling offline credits.

TradeMaster
Intermediate Crafter

Post by TradeMaster » Sat Feb 09, 2008 11:51 pm

I dunno if Bria prices are all that out of wack. With schematics for pistols coming down the line I was thinking of picking up a deed or two to get the capped resources necessary to knock out exceptional pistols for my borthers. There was one person selling a crate for 16 mill in Eisley and I nabbed that puppy. I figure, the dd6 uses 45 units of copper, so I can knock out 666 pistols, so the per pistol cost to me is 24,025 credits for the copper, the Steel I think I already have a supply of cappable duralloy I harvested myself, as well as the aluminum. So, I should be able to crank out capped DD6's for anyone interested, at a minor cost to them of 50,000 and still turn a very tidy profit to myself. And well if I ever figure out a way to get the collection pieces off of Mustifar without having the expansion, (and kill myself a bajillion black suns for the 4/5 pieces) I might see a copper spawn to allow me to craft them for even cheaper end price. Here's to hoping and praying.

I don't know what people are paying to get the DD6 crafted but I'm thinking I might wind up being the low price leader even if I have to pop a crate.

wrackspurt
Advanced Crafter

Post by wrackspurt » Sun Feb 10, 2008 8:34 pm

You know, as a noob to this game who's only been playing for a month and who just made his first million last week, I wonder how long does it take for a player to be able to throw around 16 million credits like it's no big deal?

I met a trader on Naboo who told me he'd paid 350 million for a statue. Honestly, assuming one is NOT buying offline credits, how in the hell do people get so ridiculous rich?

Ofav
Novice Crafter

Post by Ofav » Wed Feb 13, 2008 6:23 pm

wrackspurt wrote:I met a trader on Naboo who told me he'd paid 350 million for a statue. Honestly, assuming one is NOT buying offline credits, how in the hell do people get so ridiculous rich?
I did it by selling +35 power bits :D

Onyx
Chef Forum Moderator

Post by Onyx » Wed Feb 13, 2008 8:19 pm

wrackspurt wrote:You know, as a noob to this game who's only been playing for a month and who just made his first million last week, I wonder how long does it take for a player to be able to throw around 16 million credits like it's no big deal?

I met a trader on Naboo who told me he'd paid 350 million for a statue. Honestly, assuming one is NOT buying offline credits, how in the hell do people get so ridiculous rich?
Some of us have been selling stuff for up to 4 years or more and not buying much :)
Onyx, Chef Forum Moderator

Whitley's Fine Food & Drinks
Open for business since June 2004 -- Twilight's End, Naboo (-3036, 5300), Kettemoor

Official Domestic Goods Senator

SpaceyDaFrog
Novice Crafter

Post by SpaceyDaFrog » Wed Feb 13, 2008 10:12 pm

I've been playing for about 3 months now using a new account and new character. Structure Trader got me roughly 80mil net profit over that amount of time. 4 years? Yeah, that's some mad cash potential there
Okopte Jagerman - Structure Trader

TradeMaster
Intermediate Crafter

Post by TradeMaster » Thu Feb 14, 2008 12:23 am

TradeMaster wrote:I dunno if Bria prices are all that out of wack. With schematics for pistols coming down the line I was thinking of picking up a deed or two to get the capped resources necessary to knock out exceptional pistols for my borthers. There was one person selling a crate for 16 mill in Eisley and I nabbed that puppy. I figure, the dd6 uses 45 units of copper, so I can knock out 666 pistols, so the per pistol cost to me is 24,025 credits for the copper, the Steel I think I already have a supply of cappable duralloy I harvested myself, as well as the aluminum. So, I should be able to crank out capped DD6's for anyone interested, at a minor cost to them of 50,000 and still turn a very tidy profit to myself. And well if I ever figure out a way to get the collection pieces off of Mustifar without having the expansion, (and kill myself a bajillion black suns for the 4/5 pieces) I might see a copper spawn to allow me to craft them for even cheaper end price. Here's to hoping and praying.

I don't know what people are paying to get the DD6 crafted but I'm thinking I might wind up being the low price leader even if I have to pop a crate.
Sorry about that. Yeah, I've been around since roughly forever, even though I took a couple of years off in the middle. And in truth, the 16 mill was roughly half my liquid worth across two accounts, but, knowing the local market prices, and having a desire, I jumped at the chance to save a few credits. I've seen the resource crates being sold for between 20 and 40 million on vendors, so the purchase was in essence a 4 million credit savings. I also picked up the only (when I searched) 60 meter range blackhand on the market for my smuggler at one point, 8 million credits, because well 60 metere range pistol. The market across all the servers have been smacked by inflation something fierce. One of the problems of having a whole lot of inflow of credits, and virtually no outflow of credits. And imo, I don't need a huge bank account, I'd much rather have the tools to make my gameplay more enjoyable. Heck I've placed a 15 mill down payment on a graul from one of my contacts, unfortunately all of my old pets were wiped during one of the game upgrades, so I figured I'd work on trying to get my old stable of pets back together. And well credits, they're only helpful if you actually spend them.

As to how to make yourself millions? It depends on what your goal is. If your major goal is credits, find yourself an RE person, or perhaps a reseller of parts. When I opened my second account, I ran into a person that was purchasing junk loot for 15,000 credits per piece, and I went junk loot crazy for a couple of days. The piles of junk loot, I sold to the gent which enabled me to pick up a 19 BER fusion, and an elite mineral harvester. I sold the ore I pulled from the elite harvester (look for JTL fermionic siliclastic, you can get a real good concentration for that) for 3 cpu which financed my other harvester purchases, and voila, you're a mogul.

wrackspurt
Advanced Crafter

Post by wrackspurt » Mon Feb 18, 2008 5:46 pm

Did you all make more money selling things like Elite Harvesters, Resources or Ship Components...or just straight up looting?

Savacc
Architect & Shipwright Forum Moderator

Post by Savacc » Mon Feb 18, 2008 8:25 pm

Well this is SWGCRAFT so my guess is most people here made whatever fortunes they have by crafting. At least I have. For the game in general though, Looting is the number one profession. :roll:

Onyx
Chef Forum Moderator

Post by Onyx » Tue Feb 19, 2008 3:17 pm

wrackspurt wrote:Did you all make more money selling things like Elite Harvesters, Resources or Ship Components...or just straight up looting?
My money has primarily always come from selling food. I'll admit the beast master components/equipment have given me a pretty good income as well--however that's because I had cappable resources for almost all of them out of the gate.
Onyx, Chef Forum Moderator

Whitley's Fine Food & Drinks
Open for business since June 2004 -- Twilight's End, Naboo (-3036, 5300), Kettemoor

Official Domestic Goods Senator

wrackspurt
Advanced Crafter

Post by wrackspurt » Tue Feb 19, 2008 8:46 pm

That's interesting, because my alt is a Domestic Trader, and that's got to be the roughest grinding of all. At 14th level, I find myself practice crafting pet foods, and lvl 90 seems so far off, I may have bend space and time to get there.

For my main character, I seem to make the most selling polymers and fiberplast. Up to 200k in a day on occasion. I don't know what it is, but they just can't get enough of it.

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Tue Feb 19, 2008 10:17 pm

All Trader professions but Structure have a terrible grind. I wrote this not long ago http://forums.station.sony.com/swg/post ... _id=591183 to kind of stir up some interest for making the leveling more fun and take out the "grind" feeling from it. Comment there and not here plz, as I hope to get some attention to the topic.

So far not many. I believe old Traders are afraid of taking away the current loophole up to CL90 and replace it with something slower. I also believe not many CL90 Traders really care about the newcomers as I tend to do, sorry to say that.

/Zimoon

TradeMaster
Intermediate Crafter

Post by TradeMaster » Wed Feb 20, 2008 3:17 am

wrackspurt wrote:That's interesting, because my alt is a Domestic Trader, and that's got to be the roughest grinding of all. At 14th level, I find myself practice crafting pet foods, and lvl 90 seems so far off, I may have bend space and time to get there.

For my main character, I seem to make the most selling polymers and fiberplast. Up to 200k in a day on occasion. I don't know what it is, but they just can't get enough of it.
Instead of practicing up on pet foods why not craft them out ans sell 'em. I have one guy who is a Droid engineer who cranks out pet food, and as I can't experiment it with any modicum of success ( I only get 1 point and have a 60% chance of failure) I just crank it out as the base right out of the crafting tool. On my vendor I'm selling it for 600 and 1200 credits (non-buttery and buttery) and on the bazaar 900 and 1500. Considering it only uses 40 units of materials, it's a heck of a profit.