Bio Component

Ask & answer questions, submit ideas or post guides on the Chef Expertise.

Moderators: Onyx, Crafting Forum Moderators, Forum Moderator

Memnoc
Intermediate Crafter

Post by Memnoc » Sat Dec 15, 2007 3:06 am

You know Savacc I'm pissed. With my alt I made two 5 experimentation food tapes. Now I had already bought an apron which was way over priced and a belt that had food assembly and experimentation. And I had a shirt with a tape in it.

Anyways I was short 5 experimentation points and put it in a gunners coat and put it on then the apron came off. Then I had too find a socket dagger and add a AA to it cause I couldn't put the second tape in boots or a chef hat.

So after all this run around I have 12 points but I hear now that for server best you need 13. I swear to god that crafting better get over hauled.

Savacc
Architect & Shipwright Forum Moderator

Post by Savacc » Sat Dec 15, 2007 7:12 am

Let me see if I follow you.
  • you had a +5 apron
    and a + 5 shirt
    then you made 2 +5 attachments
    put one in a dagger
    and one in a piece of chest armor
Now your problem is that the apron and chest armor piece take the same body slot and can not be worn togather.
Yes I see why you would be upset.

They already did revamp crafting in Chapt 5, and gave us the new RE process. I dont see them changing it any time soon.
Your only solution now is to get a +8 and a +7 attachment, and replace two of your current pieces. I know that sucks. :cry:

Memnoc
Intermediate Crafter

Post by Memnoc » Mon Dec 17, 2007 8:18 pm

Lucky me today I logged in and got my vet reward I picked the 30k of free resources. I've decided to use it for uber milk for chef. Can anyone tell me what the server best milk is or can it be from any server and where to find a list of server best milk with stats.

Savacc
Architect & Shipwright Forum Moderator

Post by Savacc » Mon Dec 17, 2007 11:39 pm

Memnoc wrote:Lucky me today I logged in and got my vet reward I picked the 30k of free resources. I've decided to use it for uber milk for chef. Can anyone tell me what the server best milk is or can it be from any server and where to find a list of server best milk with stats.
The 30k resource deed only works for your server's resources. The simplest answer to where to look for your server's best milk is the 30k resource deed you just got. Using it you can "examine" every resource ever spawned on your server. Just remember to back out of the final screen and not select the resource. The resources are listed by first spawned to last spawned. So the last milk listed would be the one currently in spawn. That might not be the case with say Duralloy Steal, since the last Duralloy Steal might be out of spawn now. For many of us, the 30k resource deed is more valuable as a resource reference tool then it would be for the realitively few resources you can get from it. :idea:

Another way to search for your server's best resources is to go to the front page of this site and use the "Find Resources" function and search our data base. I would say though that for milk, our data base is not likely to be very complete. You could try though, maybe someone from your server decided to enter the server best milk in case someone like you wanted to search for it. :wink:

Ya know, if ya told us what server you were on, maybe someone from your server might just say, "hey Memnoc, the best milk is ..." :lol:

Memnoc
Intermediate Crafter

Post by Memnoc » Tue Dec 18, 2007 3:09 am

I'm sure I saw a web page that had archived resources. Because with the resource it offers a chance too pick server best from the past/present. If anyone knows where I can find it I would be thankful I'm looking for server best for milk.

<-- Points to Memnoc's profile where he says his Server is "SWGCraft.co.uk" and suggest again that it would help us if he told us which server he was on
Savacc

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Tue Dec 18, 2007 6:52 am

And yet another way to use it is to keep it and use as a resource stats sampler utility, you do not have to travel around the galaxy to gather resource stats but browse the tool. That will help you submit data to the current resources at this site, right?

After all, 30k is just a drop in the ocean ;)

/Z

Belisama
Intermediate Crafter

Post by Belisama » Tue Dec 18, 2007 8:02 am

Memnoc wrote:Lucky me today I logged in and got my vet reward I picked the 30k of free resources. I've decided to use it for uber milk for chef. Can anyone tell me what the server best milk is or can it be from any server and where to find a list of server best milk with stats.
BTW before you do so - calculate how much the deneelian fizz pudding should cost per crate and then calculate if its worth that much...
(I think for a chef the 30k-crates are only usefull to check stats - but for that they are perfect ! :)

best
beli
Your domestic trader at Starsider TOG Mall: Tat WP -5101 -3308
You have resource for sale ? Check the TOG Holonet Channel for my offer
In Memoriam for all BE

Memnoc
Intermediate Crafter

Post by Memnoc » Wed Dec 19, 2007 3:34 am

Belisama wrote:BTW before you do so - calculate how much the deneelian fizz pudding should cost per crate and then calculate if its worth that much...(I think for a chef the 30k-crates are only usefull to check stats - but for that they are perfect ! :)
The crates of free resources are selling for big money 30-40mil and rumor has it will double after patch 8. I think they purposly pwned crafters and why I say that is because as a crafter I can not kill cratures on dath or wookie land too harvest the leather or meat. Since I'm a crafter junkie I find that I either have too higher a combat person which they want big $$$ or I die 100x an hour doing it on my own.

On my server its pvp and or combat and most ppl think crafters have tons of money which I don't since weapons crafting is also pwned. As a crafter it would be nice too be able too harvest rancor hide or meat.

As it is even the resources on the brazzar are worth 100x in gold thats why I thing they SOE went out of there way too beat crafting up even if they dida "over haul" in chapter 5 they could have done better.

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Wed Dec 19, 2007 7:48 am

In the official SWG/Trader/Munitions forum board there is a blurb from Blix which looks promising to Munition. Go have a look. Yes, SOE is aware of the situation but what I read in the post it will be addressed.

Using the 30k crate deed is still best as a stat sampler, 30k is simply not enough to outweigh that benefit over time. On short term? Possibly I will like the 30k units of something. Long term? No way until hell freezes over.

/Zimoon

Belisama
Intermediate Crafter

Post by Belisama » Wed Dec 19, 2007 9:48 am

Only time that i used the 30k-crate was for mirth gas (for jinsu saber kits). Jedis always want "the best"...
For my own crafting i never used them exept for checking out stats.

What i did insteat: Asked my guild to hunt for money. And later on i spreaded that out.
Until NGE i was BE. I had a newsletter with the creature resources i want and how much i pay. At NGE our resource merchant left so i took his business over, now i offering money for all type of resources. I even have a blog with my current offers.

If you want you can look hiw my business looks like at my SWG-Page. Or go check out my Hoof & Horn blog.

Best
beli
Your domestic trader at Starsider TOG Mall: Tat WP -5101 -3308
You have resource for sale ? Check the TOG Holonet Channel for my offer
In Memoriam for all BE

quantanao
Novice Crafter

Re: Bio Component

Post by quantanao » Mon Jan 07, 2008 1:56 pm

In my opinion the 30k resource deed is not worth to use it for milk. As for Farstar the price for it is about 30mil. Doing the math:

30000 milk
2500 each run of 10 crates
= 120 crates Fizz Pudding

Ergo: Just the milk would make 250.000,00 credits of the price for just one crate fizz pudding.

Last week there was a spawn of quite good domesticated milk on dantooine. With 2 terminal missions for lesser plain bols i was able to collect 34k milk on two evenings (milking 2hours or so)

Holden
Apprentice Crafter

Post by Holden » Tue Jan 08, 2008 5:10 am

quantanao wrote:In my opinion the 30k resource deed is not worth to use it for milk. As for Farstar the price for it is about 30mil. Doing the math:
(...)
Ergo: Just the milk would make 250.000,00 credits of the price for just one crate fizz pudding.
Depends on your server. On Starsider, 30k resource kits are also 30mil, but fizz sells for a few mil per crate. 120 crates = around 360 million credits, and that's with a fairly low price of 3mil per crate. 5-7mil per crate isn't unusual, especially for top of the line stuff.

Sun-Tzu
Novice Crafter

Post by Sun-Tzu » Tue Jan 08, 2008 8:17 am

Holden wrote:
quantanao wrote:In my opinion the 30k resource deed is not worth to use it for milk. As for Farstar the price for it is about 30mil. Doing the math:
(...)
Depends on your server. On Starsider, 30k resource kits are also 30mil, but fizz sells for a few mil per crate. 120 crates = around 360 million credits, and that's with a fairly low price of 3mil per crate. 5-7mil per crate isn't unusual, especially for top of the line stuff.

Wow. Thats expensive. Res crates on my server are 20m. My most expensive stuff is Fizz Pudding at 750k. Everything i make is capped except bespin port and mando wine at both 98% and they are all 395k per crate or less. I sold 280 crates of fizz pudding from may till november pretty much....

quantanao
Novice Crafter

Post by quantanao » Tue Jan 08, 2008 9:23 am

Holden wrote:
(...)
Holy Crap :shock:

I'm selling it for 400k a crate i think i have to re-calculate my prices

Holden
Apprentice Crafter

Post by Holden » Tue Jan 08, 2008 12:26 pm

quantanao wrote:
Holden wrote:
(...)
Holy Crap :shock:

I'm selling it for 400k a crate i think i have to re-calculate my prices
I should also note that Starsider is second only to Bria for having a FUBAR economy. This is very much an instance where what you see on one server does not apply to all servers. :D