New Noob questions

Ask & answer questions, submit ideas or post guides on the Chef Expertise.

Moderators: Onyx, Crafting Forum Moderators, Forum Moderator

Trixie9819
Apprentice Crafter

New Noob questions

Post by Trixie9819 » Thu Apr 16, 2009 9:49 pm

I thought I had a handle on chef, then I started thinking about some things.

For a recipe that calls for Light Food Additive, can you use a medium or heavy? If so, is there any benefit to it?

The new foods coming up, which ones do you think will be useful? Which ones of the old ones will still be useful? Which ones do you think will make you money, or friends, or just make your life easier (like the starshine surprise)

What are your thoughts on the usefulness of the changes from a production point of view? (I mean, leaving out the arguments about what they SHOULD have done, just take it from 'this is what we have, how are we going to deal with it')

any discussion or ideas are welcome, I feel like I"m scrambling to catch up now that I have my structures trader ready for the new houses.

Sobuno
Developer

Re: New Noob questions

Post by Sobuno » Thu Apr 16, 2009 9:58 pm

Trixie9819 wrote:For a recipe that calls for Light Food Additive, can you use a medium or heavy? If so, is there any benefit to it?
<DISCLAIMER> The answer below is based on information obtained at least 4 years ago and thus may not represent the current state of the game</DISCLAIMER>

No, you can only use a lower version (A light or medium in a recipe that calls for a Heavy Food Additive for example)

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Fri Apr 17, 2009 6:13 am

Disclaimer unnecessary, Sobuno, your answer is correct. Trixie, it is the other way around, as S said, and the possible benefit would be the lower production costs, but since we all know that combateers ... 8)

/Zimoon

Trixie9819
Apprentice Crafter

Post by Trixie9819 » Fri Apr 17, 2009 6:43 pm

Ah, that makes sense, well, as much sense as anything, lol. I've always used a heavy when called for a heavy and a medium for a medium. So I never thought about it until now.

Got my light tissues cooking right now, I plan to have some 'decent' starshine surprise for me and my friends by tuesday.

Onyx
Chef Forum Moderator

Post by Onyx » Sat Apr 18, 2009 2:06 am

Yea, you can always use a "lesser" additive in the spot but never one that is "higher" than what is called for:)
Onyx, Chef Forum Moderator

Whitley's Fine Food & Drinks
Open for business since June 2004 -- Twilight's End, Naboo (-3036, 5300), Kettemoor

Official Domestic Goods Senator