yet another question

Ask & answer questions, submit ideas or post guides on the Chef Expertise.

Moderators: Onyx, Crafting Forum Moderators, Forum Moderator

atox
Apprentice Crafter

yet another question

Post by atox » Thu Jan 08, 2009 7:22 am

could anyone clarify these meanings for me?
filling: ill assume this is a throwback to when you had X amount of points to eat and drink
flavor: ??
nutritional value: how good the stat boost is?
quantity: yay i got this one (1+1=3)
i may be wrong but im thinking nutrition is the key followed by quantity. and the rest dont matter much? thanx atox.

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Re: yet another question

Post by Zimoon » Thu Jan 08, 2009 7:49 am

atox wrote:could anyone clarify these meanings for me?
filling: ill assume this is a throwback to when you had X amount of points to eat and drink
flavor: ??
nutritional value: how good the stat boost is?
quantity: yay i got this one (1+1=3)
i may be wrong but im thinking nutrition is the key followed by quantity. and the rest dont matter much? thanx atox.
Yes, you are correct. Flavor goes into duration, would it occur at the schematic.
Most ignorant combateers only look for power and cannot tell the difference between a 117 food and a 120 8)
But some also look at stuff such as quantity and can weight it against power.

/Zimoon

Tinsel
I came here on the bandwagon

Re: yet another question

Post by Tinsel » Thu Jan 08, 2009 4:51 pm

Most of my customers seem to think nutrition followed by duration is more important. It's rather silly, since an extra charge (or 3) would give them far more buff per box than another minute or two. It's probably because drink charges are still bugged in crates (there was a time over five years ago when that was not the case... /sigh) so they've been 'trained' to look for duration instead. Some folks just won't buy it if it's under 15m, so I will cap nutrition, get duration to around 15, and spend the rest of the points to get the most bang for my buck... if 1-2 points will up the stack size I'll go for it, but I won't usually spend 3-4, so into duration it goes.
Haunna Tanotalos, Elder Chef et al.
-4050 +870, Dantooine, Starsider
http://www.jademoon.org