SAE & BITs

Ask & answer questions, submit ideas or post guides on the Tailor Expertise.

Moderators: Crafting Forum Moderators, Forum Moderator

TradeMaster
Intermediate Crafter

Re: SAE & BITs

Post by TradeMaster » Fri Jan 18, 2008 10:03 pm

Ya, my plan was to shoot for the +2RE and most likely be able to add +25 luck. +25 is fairly simple for me, and heck the last time I RE'd a loot drop (think it was +18) I started right off the bat at +22. (I'm out canvassing the countryside for mobs that drops the necessary junk for RE chance in preparation.

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:30 am

I did notice a significant boost with my first +4, just Entertainer luck, so ... :D

We seem to be doing this grind almost in parallel so I guess we can exchange some experiences over time.

/Z

Memnoc
Intermediate Crafter

Post by Memnoc » Tue Jan 22, 2008 4:59 am

Memnoc wrote:Sorry I didn't reply sooner I've been really busy. I have another question along the same line but instead of making SAE. How does a armour smith make breastplate attachments. I can only find the tailors RE tool and it only makes SAE's.

Thanks for the help
Ok I've tried making armour breastplate attachments and they turn into skill tapes for shirts with the re tool if i put in armour breastplate attachemts they don't come out armour breast plate attachments.

Savacc
Architect & Shipwright Forum Moderator

Post by Savacc » Tue Jan 22, 2008 8:15 am

Memnoc wrote:
Memnoc wrote:Sorry I didn't reply sooner I've been really busy. I have another question along the same line but instead of making SAE. How does a armour smith make breastplate attachments. I can only find the tailors RE tool and it only makes SAE's.

Thanks for the help
Ok I've tried making armour breastplate attachments and they turn into skill tapes for shirts with the re tool if i put in armour breastplate attachemts they don't come out armour breast plate attachments.
Your char is a Tailor. That is why you make shirt attachments.
If you want to make armor attachments, you must be an armorsmith, or Munitions Trader.

Memnoc
Intermediate Crafter

Post by Memnoc » Tue Jan 22, 2008 7:45 pm

I have both tailor and armoursmith. Both tailor and armoursmith focus on there character proffession. I'm doing well with the tailor making skill tapes and when i try it with the armoursmith character I get skill stapes with the same re-tailor. That is why I'm wondering if there is more then 1 re-tool.

Savacc
Architect & Shipwright Forum Moderator

Post by Savacc » Tue Jan 22, 2008 11:13 pm

Memnoc wrote:I have both tailor and armoursmith. Both tailor and armoursmith focus on there character proffession. I'm doing well with the tailor making skill tapes and when i try it with the armoursmith character I get skill stapes with the same re-tailor. That is why I'm wondering if there is more then 1 re-tool.
Then what you have are two tailors. Either that or your Armorsmith is horribly bugged, but my bet is two tailors.

Memnoc
Intermediate Crafter

Post by Memnoc » Wed Jan 23, 2008 8:28 pm

Savacc wrote:Then what you have are two tailors. Either that or your Armorsmith is horribly bugged, but my bet is two tailors.
I'm not getting that old yet Sav to not the dif between tailor and Armorsmith. But I did get make a breastplate attachment and now too figure out how to stop making shirt and breastplate attachments so I can add the attachments too gloves or belts/hats and what not.

I think I read somewhere it has too be 1:1 for attachments for a armoursmith suit. Not sure what 1:1 means but hey....

Memnoc
Intermediate Crafter

Post by Memnoc » Sat Jan 26, 2008 3:37 am

Thanks for the help that I've gotten. I finally saw the re thread..doh. But my questions are helping me get a better understanding of how a tailor and armoursmith does re and creating SAE/ARMOUR attachments. Last question I have too learn is the 1:1 when making attachments. I gues the bit and modifier have too be the same number such as the bit being 3 and the modifier being 3 or 1:1 I guess thats the idea.

Live and learn

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Sat Jan 26, 2008 10:57 am

Hmm, I tried hard to read and understand but failed :(

Let me put it this way then:

Power bits can be boosted all the way up th 35 by "iterative reverse engineering", as described in the guide.

Modifier bits are put together by loot and come out as exotic or casual mods. Exotics are everything not Const, Stam, Agil, Block, Camo, Luck, Prec, Strength (is that all). Casual mods all have a Conversion Ratio of 1. Is that what you mention as 1:1?

All exotics will unavoidable make a Breastplate or Shirt attachment, there is no other option. If you, when making a SEA, begin with a casual mod it will never ever accept an exotic and thence it will remain Armor, Clothing or Weapon Skill Enhancing Attachment.

All modifier bits have a Conversion Ratio between 1 and 15. Skip the 1:1 talk and see the formula:

Code: Select all

Modifier strength = rounded_down ( Power_Bit / Modifier_Ratio )
Example:

Power bit is 32, modifier bit is RE Chance which always has a ratio of 10
SEA = 19 / 10 = 1.9 rounded down = 1
So, for REChance on a SEA it is a waste to use a power bit of 31 and stronger, use them that are a multiple of 10. The same holds for all other ratios, make a power bit that is a multiple of the ratio.

PUPs have a totally different formula and will really use the strongest possible power bit, still respecting the conversion ratio:

PUP = Power_Bit * 2 / Modifier_Ratio * RE_Chance / 100 * X
While X varies around 1.0, it is currently unclear exactly how X is defined, but it is definitely there somehow and Luck and fortune rules it.

A trader that has RE Chance 110 using the same power bit and modifier but creating a PUP would probably get a PUP with RE Chance +4 since

19 * 2 / 10 * 110 / 100 * 1 = 4.18 rounded down = 4
Compare that with a 35 power bit and RE Chance 152 which yields a PUP with RE Chance +10, or possibly +11 with high enough Luck giving X > 1.034

Is there now any more questions and I will be happy to try to address them :)

/Zimoon

Onyx
Chef Forum Moderator

Post by Onyx » Sat Jan 26, 2008 6:05 pm

Memnoc wrote:
Savacc wrote:Then what you have are two tailors. Either that or your Armorsmith is horribly bugged, but my bet is two tailors.
I'm not getting that old yet Sav to not the dif between tailor and Armorsmith. But I did get make a breastplate attachment and now too figure out how to stop making shirt and breastplate attachments so I can add the attachments too gloves or belts/hats and what not.

I think I read somewhere it has too be 1:1 for attachments for a armoursmith suit. Not sure what 1:1 means but hey....
Put a different way, the ratio is simply the number the powerbit's value will be divided by.

So, powerbit of 30 and mod bit with ratio of 3 would yield an SEA with a value of 10.

A powerbit with a value of 3 and a mod bit with a ratio of 3 would yield an SEA with a value of 1.

Anything after the decimal gets thrown out. So a powerbit of 32 and a mod bit of 3 would still only yield an SEA of 10.

The only difference in the professions is the type of attachment/powerup they get at the end--there is no difference in the values, etc. Whether the attachment is shirt/chest specific is determined by the first mod bit you use. If it has a ratio of anything greater than 1, it will become a shirt/chestplate attachment. Which of those is determined only by the profession of the RE'er

Domestics (Tailor) --> clothing attachments and shirt attachments/powerups

Engineer --> weapon attachments and weapon powerups

Munitions (Armorsmith) --> armor attachments and chestplate attachments/powerups

So, to get plain armor attachments (or clothing attachments), you need to use a mod bit with a ratio of 1.
Onyx, Chef Forum Moderator

Whitley's Fine Food & Drinks
Open for business since June 2004 -- Twilight's End, Naboo (-3036, 5300), Kettemoor

Official Domestic Goods Senator

Feralmonkey
Artisan Forum Moderator

Post by Feralmonkey » Mon Feb 11, 2008 8:02 am

hehee, thanks for answering these posts, sorry been a bit off the last month or so. Ready to get back to my job, hehee
Kerrimumykamm Former Master Jedi Ahazi
Feralmonkey Former Master Domestics Ahazi

Feralmonkey play tester of Basilisk on the EMU
Feralmonkey Master Rifles but doing the Hologrind on Exile of the EMU

I helped uncover the Stormtubber plot with Eevaa