SAE & BITs

Ask & answer questions, submit ideas or post guides on the Tailor Expertise.

Moderators: Crafting Forum Moderators, Forum Moderator

Memnoc
Intermediate Crafter

SAE & BITs

Post by Memnoc » Wed Jan 09, 2008 8:18 am

Hey 8)

I've started a master tailor and focused on that instead of both chef and tailor. So I have the extra re box checked off. I've been struggling to find ways too make power up 1st order 2nd and so on too 3rd/30 power bit.

There has too be an easier way then buying up all the high cloth/armour with stats on them. Any info would help

quantanao
Novice Crafter

Re: SAE & BITs

Post by quantanao » Wed Jan 09, 2008 9:24 am

For 2nd and 3rd order bits you need to RE with 2/3 stat cloths.

Have a look on the RE Forums :)

I recommend to read this thread http://www.swgcraft.co.uk/forums/viewto ... f=14&t=207

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Wed Jan 09, 2008 9:40 am

If I understand your issue it is to reduce the number of statted items in the process. I must admit I am not an RE expert. Yet! ;)

I think this is what you want to do. Stock up with lowly, non-exotic modifier bits and some crates of Casual Shoes with sockets. Get 3 items with one stat of 16+, 1 item with 2 stats and1 item with 3-4 stats, the latter two can have any strength.

Boost power bits.
  1. Create a power bit from the 1-statted item
  2. Create a SEA using the power bit and a lowly modifier bit
  3. Add the SEA to a shoe
  4. RE the shoe to get a power bit, hopefully stronger
  5. Repeat from 2 until wanted strength
You should not need to use RE Chance PUPs until you have them up to about a strength of about 28, so possibly, first boost yourself a number of power bits in that range not to waste PUPs.

Make the multi-stat SEA:
  • Do the above for the first power bit and create the initial SEA with the modifier wished for, remember that if any exotic modifier should go into the final SEA it must be done in this step.
  • Boost a second power bit as usual, but do not make a SEA straight away. RE the power bit together with the 2-statted item to get a 2nd order power bit with retained strength. Create a second SEA with the 2nd order power bit + the initial SEA + modifier wished for.
  • Analogously, boost a third power bit but use the 3-4 statted item to turn it 3rd order. Create the final SEA using the 3rd order power bit + the second SEA + modifier wished for
I have heard of other ways to turn the boosted power bit 3rd order which involved making a SEA with Camo and RE it to get the power bit back, which should be 3rd order in 95% of the cases.

I have not tested the above steps personally, yet, but have a run of shoes in the factory :P

Let me know if the above works.

/Zimoon

Feralmonkey
Artisan Forum Moderator

Post by Feralmonkey » Sat Jan 12, 2008 3:24 am

Not sure if I understand the phrasing of your sentence properly, but after you are done reading my guide it has most of the answers.

To make +35 bits: Iterate the powerbit (mentioned in the guide how to do it)

to make 2nd order: You can take a first order bit, mod an item with it, then add the crafted mod (the one you just made) with any low level single or double stat item. When you Reverse Engineer both of them together you get a 2nd order based off the highest mod in the tool.

To make 3rd order 2 ways: Use your iterated bit to make a two stat item (using the iterated bit and a low level non-iterated bit). Then RE the two stat item with a low level looted double stat item. Alternatively, you can use the iterated bit and Single mod an Item, then RE the single stat item with a triple or quad stat loot to make a 3rd order
Kerrimumykamm Former Master Jedi Ahazi
Feralmonkey Former Master Domestics Ahazi

Feralmonkey play tester of Basilisk on the EMU
Feralmonkey Master Rifles but doing the Hologrind on Exile of the EMU

I helped uncover the Stormtubber plot with Eevaa

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Sat Jan 12, 2008 10:43 am

Yes, this what was I wrote :)
Except that you added that REing a 2-stat SEA + a 2-stat SEA gives 3rd order SEA.
/Z

Memnoc
Intermediate Crafter

Post by Memnoc » Wed Jan 16, 2008 6:54 am

Sorry I didn't reply sooner I've been really busy. I have another question along the same line but instead of making SAE. How does a armour smith make breastplate attachments. I can only find the tailors RE tool and it only makes SAE's.

Thanks for the help

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Wed Jan 16, 2008 11:20 am

Memnoc wrote:... How does a armour smith make breastplate attachments? ...
The RE Tool is all the same for the three trader classes that do ground RE. It is the tool that automatically makes a Shirt or Breastplate Sill Enhancing Attachment depending on what you add to it. If you add an exotic modifier as the very first modifier it will become a Shirt/Breastplate attachment.

What is an exotic then? That is anything that is not Agil, Const, Stam, Luck, Prec, Str, and I believe Block and Camo is now added to that list of non-exotics. So, for example Armor Experimentation is an exotic.

The important thing is that if you want to make a SEA with exotics on, one of those exotics must be the first modifier added to the SEA. If you rather use Luck as the first one you cannot add an exotic later on since that SEA already is determined to be an ordinary SEA.

Why not this fuzz with weapons? Since you can only equip one weapon at a time so it doesn't matter whatsoever. But still you need that exotic as the first modifier.

/Zimoon

Memnoc
Intermediate Crafter

Post by Memnoc » Thu Jan 17, 2008 2:26 am

Hello

My armour smith character is using the re tool and it only gives me the choice of making Shirt attachments not breastplate attachments. How do I go about making breastplate attachments is the loot required differ then it does for shirt attachments. I also use the junk yard too get the bits and loot that I need.

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Thu Jan 17, 2008 7:19 am

Memnoc wrote:Hello

My armour smith character is using the re tool and it only gives me the choice of making Shirt attachments not breastplate attachments. How do I go about making breastplate attachments is the loot required differ then it does for shirt attachments. I also use the junk yard too get the bits and loot that I need.
I repeat, it is the first modifier bit you add to the RE Tool that determines whether the SEA will be an "exotic" SEA or a common SEA. There is only one option at the tool named "Create SEA".

I believe you already know how to make modifier bits. And I listed in my previous response what is and what is not an exotic modifier bit.

FYI: Yesterday I have also learned that no modifier bit in a PUP can have any kind of Experimentation whatsoever, those are exotics within exotics, so to say :)

Example: Assume you want a SEA with Constitution, Luck, and Dodge Chance. The Dodge Chance is an exotic and you must use that as the very first modifier before you continue wit the other two that are not exotics. That will turn the SEA a breastplate SEA on the whim and it will stay so until you are done.

/Zimoon

Savacc
Architect & Shipwright Forum Moderator

Post by Savacc » Thu Jan 17, 2008 8:55 am

Memnoc wrote:Hello

Ild check that char skill set. Maybe you thought you respeced that char to Munitions, but clicked on Domestics accidentally.

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Thu Jan 17, 2008 10:47 am

And I repeat :)
There is no option named create Shirt or Breastplate SEA, it is just named "Create Skill Enhancing Attachment" but works for them all.

I have been mistaken before, but I believe I am correct on this one but wish I was at home :D

/Z

TradeMaster
Intermediate Crafter

Post by TradeMaster » Fri Jan 18, 2008 1:44 am

You are correct Z. I've been working on trying only trying so far, to make +35s the tool itself says create skill enhancing attachment. 29's the best ive gotten so far. But I have a plan, a hope, a real desire to achieve that magical 35. Has anyone confirmed that a rounded stat loses all decimal places? Say, for example I make a pair of RE bits with 35 mods, one on a weapon, one on a shirt will that still only total +6, or will the rounding give you a +7? (when equipping both items of course)

Holden
Apprentice Crafter

Post by Holden » Fri Jan 18, 2008 12:08 pm

TradeMaster wrote:You are correct Z. I've been working on trying only trying so far, to make +35s the tool itself says create skill enhancing attachment. 29's the best ive gotten so far. But I have a plan, a hope, a real desire to achieve that magical 35. Has anyone confirmed that a rounded stat loses all decimal places? Say, for example I make a pair of RE bits with 35 mods, one on a weapon, one on a shirt will that still only total +6, or will the rounding give you a +7? (when equipping both items of course)
Have you been REing your bits just once, or grinding them up? What are your RE skill and luck at? Have you read the guide?

Rounded stats definitely lose decimals.

TradeMaster
Intermediate Crafter

Post by TradeMaster » Fri Jan 18, 2008 8:17 pm

I'll usually go on a short "50 RE's on a bit" spree. I've managed to work 2 up to 29 so far, one of them hit the peak and then re'd back down to 19 before ending up at a basic +25. I always wear all the lucky gear I've mustered so far. The other evening the mayor of my town threw some lucky food at me, (+64 luck) and I had an entertainer lucky buff (only 50, think the entertainer, although elder wasn't real sure of what he was doing) And well I ran through a few iterations of REing, but nothing spectacular.

I'm thinking Sunday, I'm going to find me a better entertainer, and hunker down and go crazy with REing. I've premade a boatload of daggers and I'm going to have my skill bits pre-made, and see what I come up with. Right now, My RE skill is at default, (lvl 90 DE) I think I get my luckiness up to 246 in gear before buffs. After the weekend I should be at 400 before buffs as long as things work out as I hope. (I may be all boney armored, but well that can change once I get the bits I really want.)

S'good to know though that I don't really need to re beyond 30 for the RE chance bits, as long as I can find the right parts to make the mod bits.

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Fri Jan 18, 2008 9:34 pm

You should definitely get more RE Chance. That one has a much stronger influence on the dice than Luck has.

Use three power 20 bits and create three SEAs for yourself, a Shirt, a Weapon, and a Breastplate. That is +6 in a snap. Don't bother much with any other stat on them since you will waste or sell the items soonish.

As soon as you get some pieces up to 30, put them aside for a similar operation, but now you aim at creating the final SEAs for a Breastplate, Shirt,and Weapon.

So far I have not touched PUPs for RE Chance. I guess you can start using such PUPs as soon as you feel for it. But since RE Chance is crucial for high-end PUPs, don't waste too much effort on them too early. You can get them up to +11, and the maximum possible is 152 RE Chance.

Good luck

/Zimoon