Rings And Hands

Ask & answer questions, submit ideas or post guides on the Tailor Expertise.

Moderators: Crafting Forum Moderators, Forum Moderator

Bangalore007
Novice Crafter

Rings And Hands

Post by Bangalore007 » Tue Sep 18, 2007 1:46 pm

Is there any way to tell whether a ring goes on the right or left hand? I just spent almost a million credits on a ring and learned that it goes on the same hand as my other statted ring. :shock: :oops:
"You should always go to other people's funerals, otherwise they won't come to yours." - Yogi Berra

Savacc
Architect & Shipwright Forum Moderator

Post by Savacc » Tue Sep 18, 2007 6:15 pm

Unless they changed it and I didnt get the word, rings have no handedness. The only restriction is that you can wear only two. So if you are wearing two now, unequip one and you should be able to equip a new one.
Unity rings may be a different matter. I have never been married ingame, so Im not sure what they do to the situation.

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Tue Sep 18, 2007 7:05 pm

I cannot add anything to what Savacc just said, but bracelets is another thing. Then use the examine screen and view the thing. Rotate it so it is facing towards (or away from) you, whatever you prefer. Since there is a slight angle to it -- both arms are not straight out but slightly forwards -- you will find it quite easy to find out which one is which.

/Z

Feralmonkey
Artisan Forum Moderator

Post by Feralmonkey » Thu Sep 20, 2007 2:51 pm

Yeah, as he said. only bracelets have a left hand/right hand orientation. Rings just go in the unused spot.
Kerrimumykamm Former Master Jedi Ahazi
Feralmonkey Former Master Domestics Ahazi

Feralmonkey play tester of Basilisk on the EMU
Feralmonkey Master Rifles but doing the Hologrind on Exile of the EMU

I helped uncover the Stormtubber plot with Eevaa

Bangalore007
Novice Crafter

Post by Bangalore007 » Fri Sep 21, 2007 8:24 pm

Savacc wrote:Unless they changed it and I didnt get the word, rings have no handedness. The only restriction is that you can wear only two. So if you are wearing two now, unequip one and you should be able to equip a new one.
Unity rings may be a different matter. I have never been married ingame, so Im not sure what they do to the situation.
You can get married in the game?!?!? :shock: Well, I'll take the Sarlacc option then. :roll:

j/k
"You should always go to other people's funerals, otherwise they won't come to yours." - Yogi Berra

Feralmonkey
Artisan Forum Moderator

Post by Feralmonkey » Tue Sep 25, 2007 4:10 am

Fortunatly there are no real shotgun weddings, because if they do threaten to kill you if you don't marry their sister/daughter/etc, you can let them, clone, wait 15 minutes and you are back to filandering!

I can say I've never been married in game... I think being a wookie has something to do with that.

kelsaka
Intermediate Crafter

Post by kelsaka » Tue Sep 25, 2007 8:26 am

Feralmonkey wrote:I can say I've never been married in game... I think being a wookie has something to do with that.
You can't have met the right twi'lek yet ;)

Both Kel and Mai are married to large, walking furballs, they are wonderful for keeping warm on cold Naboo nights 8)
~ Kelsaka Rymi ~
SWG Cover Girl September 2008
TRF ~ Naboo ~ Infinity

Feralmonkey
Artisan Forum Moderator

Post by Feralmonkey » Wed Sep 26, 2007 6:20 am

kelsaka wrote:
Feralmonkey wrote:I can say I've never been married in game... I think being a wookie has something to do with that.
You can't have met the right twi'lek yet ;)

Both Kel and Mai are married to large, walking furballs, they are wonderful for keeping warm on cold Naboo nights 8)
Where have you been all my life!

kelsaka
Intermediate Crafter

Post by kelsaka » Wed Sep 26, 2007 11:09 am

Feralmonkey wrote:Where have you been all my life!
On Infinity, sorry :(
~ Kelsaka Rymi ~
TRF ~ Naboo ~ Infinity

Bangalore007
Novice Crafter

Post by Bangalore007 » Wed Sep 26, 2007 3:51 pm

kelsaka wrote:
Feralmonkey wrote:Where have you been all my life!
On Infinity, sorry :(
Plus they are both married. You may not be afraid of a cuckolded wook but... At least you can be sure that Kel can whip up a very nice outfit to bury what's left of you. :P

Savacc

Post by Savacc » Wed Sep 26, 2007 9:56 pm

So Kel, what does being married do to the number of rings your char can wear? Do you get only two, or the unity ring plus two? Can you unequip your unity ring without getting devorced?

kelsaka
Intermediate Crafter

Post by kelsaka » Thu Sep 27, 2007 11:46 am

Bangalore007 wrote:Plus they are both married. You may not be afraid of a cuckolded wook but... At least you can be sure that Kel can whip up a very nice outfit to bury what's left of you. :P
Tei isn't married ... yet. She's still looking for the right furball :D
savacc wrote:So Kel, what does being married do to the number of rings your char can wear? Do you get only two, or the unity ring plus two? Can you unequip your unity ring without getting devorced?
Unity rings take up one of your two ring slots, so its worth using a statted ring for declaring unity (I have the Rebel one on as mine on Kel).
~ Kelsaka Rymi ~
TRF ~ Naboo ~ Infinity

wrackspurt
Advanced Crafter

Re: Rings And Hands

Post by wrackspurt » Sun Mar 02, 2008 9:30 pm

Hmm, is there actually ceremonies and honeymoons? I did see a rather elaborate chapel in one town.

Savacc

Re: Rings And Hands

Post by Savacc » Sun Mar 02, 2008 10:35 pm

wrackspurt wrote:Hmm, is there actually ceremonies and honeymoons? I did see a rather elaborate chapel in one town.
The ceremony and how you choose to consummate the marriage are up to the individuals involved. :roll:
The game mechanics are: click on a ring in your inventory and select the option "Propose Unity" with your intended targeted. Your partner must accept, then propose unity to you and after you have accepted, you are married.

kelsaka
Intermediate Crafter

Re:

Post by kelsaka » Mon Mar 03, 2008 8:26 am

kelsaka wrote:
savacc wrote:So Kel, what does being married do to the number of rings your char can wear? Do you get only two, or the unity ring plus two? Can you unequip your unity ring without getting devorced?
Unity rings take up one of your two ring slots, so its worth using a statted ring for declaring unity (I have the Rebel one on as mine on Kel).
An update to this, it IS possible to remove your unity ring and still stay married.

I guess with all the stat-mod rings in game now they had to change it
~ Kelsaka Rymi ~
TRF ~ Naboo ~ Infinity