Bio Enhancement Items

Ask & answer questions, submit ideas or post guides on the Tailor Expertise.

Moderators: Crafting Forum Moderators, Forum Moderator

Meskou
Novice Crafter

Bio Enhancement Items

Post by Meskou » Tue Aug 28, 2007 7:17 am

Ok, I am a recent REspec to Domestics from Structures, so I am sill learning the 'tricks of the trade'. I have seen that in many of the schematics I have for Tailor there is an option for a Bio Enhancement (not sure if that is the correct name or not) and have yet to identify what those items are or how one can aquire them. Any information that can be shed on this would be much appreciated.
Meskou
MLT Guild Elder
Aces High, Talus
Lowca

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Tue Aug 28, 2007 7:23 am

Once upon a while those were made by the now depleted Bio Engineers (may they RIP). I must admit I am not up-to-date with the latest changes (yeah--I know ...) but I believe they are made by yourself these days. Try browsing your schematics, use the table view and sort the type column and look for Components. It should be one of these I guess.

Anyway, they are craftable components that add extra bonus to the item you craft.

/Z

Meskou
Novice Crafter

Post by Meskou » Tue Aug 28, 2007 7:51 am

Thanks for the inpute, but I have checked all the components for something that may accidentally look like it would be concidered something like a bio component, and have even tried to craft them to see if they would show up as a resource in the crafting process. But alas, I have fell short of the answer.

I have however searced the bazaars and found a few items that others have crafted using these bio items and have sent a couple mails out to them askin for assistance, we shall see if they wish to share their knowledge with me.
Meskou
MLT Guild Elder
Aces High, Talus
Lowca

TradeMaster
Intermediate Crafter

Post by TradeMaster » Thu Aug 30, 2007 2:11 am

I believe the bio components will become available after you move a bit through the old school chef tree. I know they are useable much earlier thatn you can make them, much like bantha butter.

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Thu Aug 30, 2007 7:33 am

Have a look at your profession wheel and see what schematics will show up later in your progression.

Indeed you do not need those boosters to make business, even though they of course will have better stats they will also have way higher prices.

Seasoned players know when it is worthwhile paying the extra credits for the higher stats, and when to defer to the lower stats for casual activities. Hence you will be able to sell also low stat produce at its cheaper price quite well.

The thing for a crafter is to learn what sells and what not, which stats are asked for, what decent prices are, etc. I believe quite a lot of combateer style players think crafting is some LEGO style game play, while it is not. It takes patience, planning and knowledge. And social skills if you want to be that great trader as Lando was :)

/Z

kelsaka
Intermediate Crafter

Post by kelsaka » Thu Aug 30, 2007 3:09 pm

The old BE clothing enhancements are no longer useful. They cannot be made anymore and any still left in game have stats that are not used anymore. Basically, ignore the optional box on Synth Cloth and Reinforced Fiber Panels.

The Bio Components that domestic traders can craft are only used in food & drink items.
~ Kelsaka Rymi ~
SWG Cover Girl September 2008
TRF ~ Naboo ~ Infinity

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Thu Aug 30, 2007 4:47 pm

Thanks Kelsaka,
always up-to-date :)

I guess SOE never reintroduced the tissues because Traders got the RE-ing, which in many ways resembles the tissues' modding.

/Z

Meskou
Novice Crafter

Post by Meskou » Fri Aug 31, 2007 11:11 pm

Ya, I'm crafting (or rather REin) tripple stat +35 SEA's and with the help of one of my fellow guild leaders crafting AA's. I was a master structures crafter before i respected to domestics just after the RE revamp a few months back.

As far as pricing, my guild has the idea that we under cut all competition on our server for two reasons: one being that prices are outrageously high, and second it keeps people comeing to the 'bargin store' so to say. But i mean seriously why would someone pay 35 mill for one +35 tripple stat AA? when its actually extreamly easy to make?
Meskou
MLT Guild Elder
Aces High, Talus
Lowca

Feralmonkey
Artisan Forum Moderator

Post by Feralmonkey » Sun Sep 02, 2007 12:50 am

Meskou wrote:Ya, I'm crafting (or rather REin) tripple stat +35 SEA's and with the help of one of my fellow guild leaders crafting AA's. I was a master structures crafter before i respected to domestics just after the RE revamp a few months back.

As far as pricing, my guild has the idea that we under cut all competition on our server for two reasons: one being that prices are outrageously high, and second it keeps people comeing to the 'bargin store' so to say. But i mean seriously why would someone pay 35 mill for one +35 tripple stat AA? when its actually extreamly easy to make?
A +35 powerbit set (1st, 2nd, and 3rd order) sells on ahazi for 15-20 million. Honestly I wouldn't make any triple stat attachments except in special orders, because each person looking for specific modifiers.

Undercutting has its upside and downside.

Upside: You sell quicker and get repeat customers
Downside: If you frequently undercut your competition will buy out your vendor only to place it on their own for their higher price. Meaning they get profit for none of the work (I 'Merchant' myself, sometimes make some GOOD profit, but I usually limit it to buying components and schematics CHEAP). Also you end up loosing profit.

What I do: I sell a lot, but my biggest money maker is honestly is AV-21s, because not many people are willing to put the effort into running the vette as often as I do. A completed AV-21 sells for 5-12 million on Ahazi (as of last Thursday), which is a decent price IMO, due to the fact it requires a combat class that has a GOOD grasp of tactics and how to play thier class to get the schematic and the loot drops aren't too common. Whenever I get ready to sell something I always search the price range, and usually go for the lower end. For example, as soon as I am done with my recent strong of corvette runs and get enough powerplants for 10 vettes I will probably place them all on at 5.5 million. I am priced in the lower 30%, but not so much that someone could buy my product and expect to make a profit, simply put someone may be willing to spend 6-7 million on a AV-21, but the person selling for 12 million is off thier nut. They could expect maybe a 12% profit, which someone trying to buy me off really is only lining my own pockets.
Kerrimumykamm Former Master Jedi Ahazi
Feralmonkey Former Master Domestics Ahazi

Feralmonkey play tester of Basilisk on the EMU
Feralmonkey Master Rifles but doing the Hologrind on Exile of the EMU

I helped uncover the Stormtubber plot with Eevaa

TradeMaster
Intermediate Crafter

Post by TradeMaster » Sun Sep 02, 2007 3:28 am

I price my products actually well below the common market price on Bria. Granted I "don't make much" but I do have pretty decent sales. And by "not make much" I'm talking just a bit over 20 cpu for the ingredients. Other items I make a lot less but they take a heck of a lot of materials. (Swoops are selling for under 3 cpu server-wide) My thoughts on resellers, is, more power to you. I got what I felt I needed on a product, and the more you buy from me, the more I can put up for sale. (and for me, the xp is still kind of nice, as the new DE is only 62)

Meskou
Novice Crafter

Post by Meskou » Sun Sep 02, 2007 5:39 am

well as far as power bits, SEA's and AA's, its always a custom order, so for me to have someone out to resell my items, the person that purchased the order for their own character would have to sell the items. So undercutting the market with the AA's doesnt bother me.

And as was pointed out, if you want to resell my items more power to you, my name will be on it so thats more advertisiment for my crafting abilities. either way i win.
Meskou
MLT Guild Elder
Aces High, Talus
Lowca

Feralmonkey
Artisan Forum Moderator

Post by Feralmonkey » Sun Sep 02, 2007 11:12 am

Lol, yeah. As I stated I sell at the lower third of market value, but usually not the bottom. Thats why I have no difficulty with letting the resellers do what they want with it.
I seemed to have been a little confused on the AA part, sorry about that.
Kerrimumykamm Former Master Jedi Ahazi
Feralmonkey Former Master Domestics Ahazi

Feralmonkey play tester of Basilisk on the EMU
Feralmonkey Master Rifles but doing the Hologrind on Exile of the EMU

I helped uncover the Stormtubber plot with Eevaa

Crellian
Novice Crafter

Re:

Post by Crellian » Sun Feb 22, 2009 2:23 am

kelsaka wrote:The old BE clothing enhancements are no longer useful. They cannot be made anymore and any still left in game have stats that are not used anymore. Basically, ignore the optional box on Synth Cloth and Reinforced Fiber Panels.

The Bio Components that domestic traders can craft are only used in food & drink items.

Thank you,Kelsaka. I recently returned to SWG after a prolonged absence to learn my Medic/Crafter can no longer craft. Created a domestic trader and got leveled to 21 today....but could not find the biologic component schematic on my Clothing or Generic crafting tools.

Your answer made things a bunch easier for me and for a senior guild member who needs reinforced panels and cloth. Now I can focus on creating a good template and buying a factory to put out the numbers needed.

Also - thank you all for creating this website. It should be a LOT of help.

Crellian, CL 35 Master Medic
Raamala, CL 21 Domestic Trader
River Haven, Corellia, Starsider

Belisama
Intermediate Crafter

Re:

Post by Belisama » Sun Feb 22, 2009 12:01 pm

kelsaka wrote:The old BE clothing enhancements are no longer useful. They cannot be made anymore and any still left in game have stats that are not used anymore. Basically, ignore the optional box on Synth Cloth and Reinforced Fiber Panels
BTW camouflage and terrain negotation are still working. But of course none can make them anymore. Lucky me who have still some in storage (about 50 crates maybe *g*)
Your domestic trader at Starsider TOG Mall: Tat WP -5101 -3308
You have resource for sale ? Check the TOG Holonet Channel for my offer
In Memoriam for all BE

Ceres
Novice Crafter

Re: Bio Enhancement Items

Post by Ceres » Sun Feb 22, 2009 2:34 pm

So, I see shirts on the market sometimes with 15 ranged defense and 15 melee defense stats. Are these a rip off or are those stats working for the payer somehow? We dont have those stats on our SkillMods list in Character screen...